Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 22, 2024, 09:24:06 AMShould clubs who routinely choose not to field at reserve level face harsher penalties? Every year, the same crap happens.

Is there not a £300 fine for not fielding?

Blackandblue2

So whats the chances this weekend? Anyone giving us a punchers chance?

I see the game isn't being televised? On BBc or Rte?
Has this every happened for a Ulster semi final before, why would all games including prelim be on and not the Semi final?

Is it expected to be 1 sided and not worth the viewing?

johnnycool

Quote from: Blackandblue2 on April 22, 2024, 10:37:57 AMSo whats the chances this weekend? Anyone giving us a punchers chance?

Has this every happened for a Ulster semi final before, why would all games including prelim be on and not the Semi final?

GAAGO are showing it

thewobbler

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 22, 2024, 09:24:06 AMShould clubs who routinely choose not to field at reserve level face harsher penalties? Every year, the same crap happens.

In a nutshell, no.

The most sure fire method we could every conceive of to reduce adult player numbers, and to place a giant wall between juvenile and adult playing days, is to make the cost of fielding reserve football teams prohibitive.

That said, development leagues - like reserve football, minor b teams, under 14b teams etc - have no need to be played on an all county basis.

statto

Quote from: johnnycool on April 22, 2024, 10:52:58 AM
Quote from: Blackandblue2 on April 22, 2024, 10:37:57 AMSo whats the chances this weekend? Anyone giving us a punchers chance?

GAAGO are showing it
Where would you pick up the game in Belfast City Centre?

Truth hurts

Quote from: thewobbler on April 22, 2024, 12:01:01 PM

In a nutshell, no.

The most sure fire method we could every conceive of to reduce adult player numbers, and to place a giant wall between juvenile and adult playing days, is to make the cost of fielding reserve football teams prohibitive.

That said, development leagues - like reserve football, minor b teams, under 14b teams etc - have no need to be played on an all county basis.

The old East Down Reserve league used to be on a Sunday night at 6pm. Being shorter treks, there never seemed to be as many DNF.

Green+Gold

Quote from: statto on April 22, 2024, 12:20:55 PM

GAAGO are showing it
Nancy Mulligan's, Castle Street will have it.

Truth hurts

This is a fantastic opportunity to make it to an Ulster final, so I hope there is a lot of support on Saturday night.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on Today at 10:48:22 AMThis is a fantastic opportunity to make it to an Ulster final, so I hope there is a lot of support on Saturday night.

Will ya be goin urself TH?
Day out for ya!

statto

Quote from: Green+Gold on April 22, 2024, 02:21:02 PM

GAAGO are showing it
Thanks!

Saffrongael

Quote from: statto on Today at 04:58:36 PM

GAAGO are showing it
Thanks!

Is that place not a total dive ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

armaghniac

Quote from: Saffrongael on Today at 05:00:58 PM
Quote from: statto on Today at 04:58:36 PM

GAAGO are showing it
Thanks!

Is that place not a total dive ?

Where better for Down supporters?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B