Your counties up and coming prospects for 2007?

Started by Northside Dub, November 17, 2006, 10:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northside Dub

Who do you think from your county will make the break through in the national league / championship 2007?

I hope to see Bernard Brogan(has to be given a proper chance), Paddy Andrews(Brigids and Peader's younger brother), Dermot Connolly(Vins).
These youg lads are all forwards and have been impressive in the Dublin Champo this year!
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

johnneycool

Garth 'Magic' Johnston in the football   ;D

Andy Bell in the hurling

Uladh

Romeo

lynchbhoy

A lot said about young Andrews
He has talent,but whether it is enough for him to be a senior county star is another matter.
Right now, he needs to slightly adjust the attitude.

Derry - Dont think will do a whole lot next year.
Hope players dont become disillusioned and leave the fold and reduce it to becomming a fractious county panel.
Then there will be good potential if the county board can get Damien Cassidy installed as manager.

youbetterbelieveit

Well, here in Limerick, everything is very quite.

The footballers have really gone back compared to a couple of years ago.

The hurlers, they are back training, but still on the search for a few more decent players, but its good to get Peter Lawlor back in the fold.

Northside Dub

Quote from: Northside Dub on November 17, 2006, 10:58:48 AM

I hope to see Bernard Brogan(has to be given a proper chance), Paddy Andrews(St. Brigids, Peader's younger brother), Dermot Connolly(Vins).

;D apologise you obviously you knew what meant ::)

dubnut

He has been around a few years now but I reckon this is the year for Vaughan to gain a regular place and make a real impact.
Well I hope so anyway!  ;)

Fuzzman

Yeah I've expected Vaughan to be in the team by now but his temperment always seems to lead him to trouble.

Like Mulligan for us I think other teams will target him for rough treatment and so he needs to keep his head.

What do you Dubs expect this year from the Sat nite Tyrone NFL game.
Will there be another day's boxing with fans getting involved.

I'd say it could end up being an all ticket game actually as 1st game under lights in Croker. Could be a lot of drunken fans turning up if on piss all day.

dubnut

"What do you Dubs expect this year from the Sat nite Tyrone NFL game.
Will there be another day's boxing with fans getting involved"

Might be rough but no fights.
And there werent fans involved last time!  ::)

Northside Dub

Has Dublin and Tyrone definately been fixed as the floodlit game or is that just paper talk???

dubnut

Josey Whales

i think bernard brogan and vaughan are the two players dublin should be looking to bring through this season. Connolly and Andrews are good prospects but in my view are 18mths to 2 years down the line and should be left with the 21's .

blanketattack

Brendan Guiney
Kieran O'Leary
Darren O'Sullivan and Bryan Sheehan to nail down a regular place.