Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: HokeyPokey on July 14, 2019, 03:56:26 PM
Another decent win.

It will be interesting to see if Tiernan McCann, Richie Donnelly and Hampsey return to the side. They had looked like nailed on starters, but who do you take out?

HP McGeary has never given me much confidence but has been decent. I was impressed yesterday with how solid Brennan and McNamee were. Meyler has worked and worked, he had some good kick passes too. I think people underestimate his footballing ability, maybe a bit like Dooher was once upon a time?
Hampsey if fit should start, he's your best man marker. His fitness is maybe the biggest factor for Tyrone going ahead to beat one of the big teams in Croke Park, don't see how they do it without him.
Tiernan McCann doesn't offer enough defensively to come back into that team.
Richie looked badly off the pace V Roscommon, only back from injury, but don't see who you drop to accommodate him.
Kieran McGeary has to be start, after mcshane he's probably Tyrone's  player of the year.

GetOverTheBar

Wonder who'll cover the damage to cars then outside McAleers last night.

RedHand88

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 15, 2019, 01:02:40 PM

U-20s? What went on?

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on July 14, 2019, 08:27:18 AM
Looks like Tyrone are back to their brilliant, boring best.

A win against a provincial champion infront of a highly charged partisan crowd. Sure what's not to love.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 15, 2019, 01:10:16 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 15, 2019, 01:02:40 PM

U-20s? What went on?

Videos going round of 3 or 4 on top of some young girls car jumping up and down. From what I hear they kicked a few goals, points and wingmirrors yesturday.

Good PR.

Fuzzman

Welcome to the world of having a county man from your club Norf and it wont get any better I'm afraid.
He'll play bad one day or miss an important score and they'll slate him again.
I remember well with Dooher and Stevie O'Neill.
I remember loads of lads saying Stevie should never have come back in 2008 and he wasn't the same player at all yet he was hitting unreal scores from the Hogan stand sideline.

Fair play to Cathal for being mentally strong and kept believing. A few years ago he got a baptism of fire v Neil McGee in Ballybofey and now he's top scorer in mid July.

However, having read a few articles over the weekend I would not be at all surprised to see Clifford, Mannion and Costello picked ahead of him. Especially if all three make it to the final. As someone said, Skeet didn't get a look in last year. RTE bias perhaps.
Enjoyed Tomas O Se last night though retorting to that p***k Brolly who hadn't one good word to say about our win against the Rossies.

Jayop

Tyrone currently sitting on 155 scored for the summer. 8:131. Need another 66 points to get the all time record. It wont last long even if we do get it but would be nice for a defensive team to hold that  ;D ;D

RedHand88

Quote from: Jayop on July 15, 2019, 03:51:58 PM
Tyrone currently sitting on 155 scored for the summer. 8:131. Need another 66 points to get the all time record. It wont last long even if we do get it but would be nice for a defensive team to hold that  ;D ;D

That's extremely doable.

GetOverTheBar

Dublin couldn't be far away from that tally after hitting 5-18 in one game.

toby47

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 15, 2019, 04:04:53 PM

Dublin miles behind on 11-82. Dublin only played 4 games though, Tyrone have played 7

Jayop

Quote from: toby47 on July 15, 2019, 04:14:40 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 15, 2019, 04:04:53 PM

Dublin miles behind on 11-82. Dublin only played 4 games though, Tyrone have played 7

Dublin were 56 points behind going into the weekend. Now only 40 points behind us after putting up that score. Dublin put up 69 points in two games against Louth and Cork. You'd really only see possibly the Roscommon game as the one they could put up a huge score in again this year but if they can average over 26.25 PPG over their 4 remaining games they too will break that 220 record.

NotedObserver

Missed the Under 20 game last night and hearing D Canavan orchestrated everything, couple of lovely scores apparently? Any reports on who else stood out?

GJL

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 15, 2019, 06:25:18 PM
Missed the Under 20 game last night and hearing D Canavan orchestrated everything, couple of lovely scores apparently? Any reports on who else stood out?

He scored a couple of nice ones but his assists were even better. Serious potential.

phpearse

watched the highlights there on TG4. Young Canavan is a good one. Spit of the father, the way he plays. Same run, head up, two feet, slipping tackles. If the U20s were out he'd be straight into the senior set up. 

Jayop

Quote from: phpearse on July 15, 2019, 09:43:25 PM
watched the highlights there on TG4. Young Canavan is a good one. Spit of the father, the way he plays. Same run, head up, two feet, slipping tackles. If the U20s were out he'd be straight into the senior set up.

Great shout though letting him continue with the U20's this year I think. He's got loads of time to play Sr, let him play now with his mates his own age and develop at the right pace. I can't find his exact age but I'm thinking he's 19 now??

No rush.