The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: muppet on September 10, 2009, 04:08:10 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on September 10, 2009, 04:01:22 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 10, 2009, 02:57:54 PM
Played this morning out in Newcastle f**k me I was awful...
I couldn't hit a thing,ended up very nearly in triple figures  :-[ just under actually
Playing in a competition down home tomorrow so I hope today was a one off

I know that feeling, I played a round on tuesday and hit 57 on the front nine and was completely losing the plot. Then hit 42 on the back nine and cannot understand why or how I did it ???

You forgot to play the last 3 holes?

Nah I decided to place the pitch and putt course instead.

thebigfella

Took the Cobra Baffler TWS, Taylormade Rescue 09 and Burner rescue for a test drive today on the course. Was hitting the Cobra so good I had to get my hands on one for the weekend. Would have took the Taylormade 09 based on the demo's of each on the range but was blown away with the Cobra on the course.

Might have to get a round in tomorrow just to get a few hits with it.

Shrek

none of yous budding Tiger Woods interested in a good club or two

PM me if your interested.

The Real Laoislad

The laoislad gets back on the horse today!
Excellent round of golf in glorious weather! Is there a better sport that a person can  play ..I doubt it ;D
Would reckon I got longest drive today too  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

heganboy

Does anybody here play well- any low handicappers or even scratch about? As a newbie I got my first handicap in June a great big 36, and its now a 27. Hope to be in the teens by this time next year
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gerrykeegan

Quote from: heganboy on September 11, 2009, 03:55:43 PM
Does anybody here play well- any low handicappers or even scratch about? As a newbie I got my first handicap in June a great big 36, and its now a 27. Hope to be in the teens by this time next year

I never realised that the max you could get is 36 in the States its 28 over here.I dint mean to sound condescending, but the f**kers over here generally gibe you 16 or 17 no matter what your level is.
I play off 15, but with Laois lads advice I have invested in a Hybrid and am awaiting delivery, I hope to be off 2 by October!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

heganboy

over here you have to play 10x 18 to get a handicap and they start you at 36,
problem I have is consistency, I'll go out have 2 birdies, 3-4 pars lot of bogies and then have a couple of 8s and a 9- frustrating fecking game. We normally go out as a four ball so I get 2 shots most holes- so on Sunday I eagle a par 5 basically a 3 for a 1 which means that anybody who plays off single digits effectively has to hole in 1 to draw the hole. I appreciate that the handicap system evens out over the round, but the matchplay thing is painful..

muppet

Nothing more manly than a hermaphrodite should have a handicap of 36.
MWWSI 2017

heganboy

Quote from: muppet on September 11, 2009, 05:35:08 PM
ouch- i dont even get a free pass for just starting?

muppet

Quote from: heganboy on September 11, 2009, 07:02:39 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 11, 2009, 05:35:08 PM
ouch- i dont even get a free pass for just starting?

Only kidding, but I am surprised to hear they give 36 handicaps!
MWWSI 2017

gerrykeegan

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 09, 2009, 10:07:02 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 08, 2009, 04:51:29 PM
I love hybrids,I'm awful with long irons so I have a 3h and a 5h
My 3h is a Adams Idea A2 and my 5h is a Nike sumo 2 SQ

I bought them both at www.rockbottomgolf.com got them very cheap and delivered within a week

I was also considering a Cobra Baffler I hear they are excellent clubs,The Nike I have is just ridiculously easy to hit,I have never mis hit it,the Adams is a little harder but once I got use to it I can drive it 220 yards no problem

on your head be it LL i will buy that nike this week, i struggle with the low irons

Ordered it on thursday, delivered today! Thats some service, picked up a really nice pair of sports shades also.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 14, 2009, 07:33:42 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 09, 2009, 10:07:02 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 08, 2009, 04:51:29 PM
I love hybrids,I'm awful with long irons so I have a 3h and a 5h
My 3h is a Adams Idea A2 and my 5h is a Nike sumo 2 SQ

I bought them both at www.rockbottomgolf.com got them very cheap and delivered within a week

I was also considering a Cobra Baffler I hear they are excellent clubs,The Nike I have is just ridiculously easy to hit,I have never mis hit it,the Adams is a little harder but once I got use to it I can drive it 220 yards no problem

on your head be it LL i will buy that nike this week, i struggle with the low irons

Ordered it on thursday, delivered today! Thats some service, picked up a really nice pair of sports shades also.

Yeah told ya!
Hope it preforms well for you now,I'd say you are dying to try it out
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerrykeegan

the wife thought i was mad. I was out the back swinging like a lunatic with my new shades on! The sun wasnt even out.

stephenite

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 14, 2009, 10:41:02 PM
the wife thought i was mad. I was out the back swinging like a lunatic with my new shades on! The sun wasnt even out.

;D

ONeill

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 14, 2009, 10:41:02 PM

We're in for a nail-biter finish in the Fantasy Golf.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.