The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: JimStynes on September 24, 2011, 11:03:49 AM
I didnt realise how shit women pro golfers are  :o

Anyone know of any good golf shops in the north? Also, anyone know of good pros to go get some lessons off?
What's wrong with Number 1?

JimStynes

Number 1 is too busy winning the Lurgan Masters to be interested in a hacker like myself

Orior

In terms of a golf shop, try The Golf Spot in Bangor.

Eammon Logue at the Hilton Templepatrick is good for lessons.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/8792651/Rory-McIlroy-has-learnt-to-deal-with-the-madness-now-top-spot-beckons.html

Decent piece about Rory, not sure about this bit though

QuoteIt seems obvious how smitten he is and yesterday Wozniacki tweeted a picture of a golf club, specially made for her by McIlroy and inscribed 'Wozzilroy' on the back. The pair met at the David Haye-Wladimir Klitschko bout in Germany. Terrible fight, but the girl at ringside evidently made up for it.

JimStynes

Course closed today  >:( f**king rain

laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on October 02, 2011, 12:23:36 PM
Course closed today  >:( f**king rain

Went playing on friday,sun splitting the stones when I left Lucan so I thought it was gonna be a great day for Golf.
3 holes in the heavens opened and we got soaked,had to finish on the 9th it was ridiculous the volume of rain that fell.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerrykeegan

Wimp

I played Friday afternoon in Dublin, 39 points with two scratches, easy peezy
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Orangemac

Rory McIlroy finishes 2nd again. I know he has the Major win already but is he a bit like Harrington in his early career.

I know he had a 65 today but how many 2nd or top 5 finishes has he had compared to the 3 wins so far in his career?

ludermor

22: M Hoey (NI)
-20: R McIlroy (NI)
-18: G McDowell (NI), G Murray (Sco)

Some leaderboard at the end!!!

stephenite

Quote from: Orangemac on October 02, 2011, 10:45:03 PM
Rory McIlroy finishes 2nd again. I know he has the Major win already but is he a bit like Harrington in his early career.

I know he had a 65 today but how many 2nd or top 5 finishes has he had compared to the 3 wins so far in his career?

What's your point here, a bit like Harrington? With his 3 majors? Nonsense comment

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ludermor on October 02, 2011, 10:47:15 PM
22: M Hoey (NI)
-20: R McIlroy (NI)
-18: G McDowell (NI), G Murray (Sco)

Some leaderboard at the end!!!
No Irish in the top 3 today Laoislad.

Minder

Quote from: stephenite on October 02, 2011, 10:49:07 PM

What's your point here, a bit like Harrington? With his 3 majors? Nonsense comment

Did you not read his post? "in his early career".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

He's nothing like Harrington in his early career for many reasons that should be obvious..

Major kudos to Hoey today by the way, mcIlroy had passed him by the turn and you would expect him to fall away but he came home in 32 or so to seal a famous win.

Orior

McIlroy's only chance of winning is when there is no wind.

There was no wind today and he emmm... errr... blew it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orangemac

Quote from: stephenite on October 02, 2011, 10:49:07 PM

In the first 4/5 years of his career Harrington had a poor record of wins compared to something like 20 or so runners up positions in tournaments, not to mention the event (European Open?) where he had a 4/5 shot lead after the 3rd round and was disqualiifed after an error with signing his card.

It is 1 thing winning in style like the US Open and Qualie Hollow but if McIlroy wants to win a large no of majors he is going to have to learn how to win ugly.