NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

If you told me at the beginning of the year that Mayo would make a league final with McLoughlin, Coen and Carr starting inside, I'd have laughed you off. But here we are. Considering the injuries, it's not a bad team I suppose.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Randy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 30, 2019, 06:08:10 AM
If you told me at the beginning of the year that Mayo would make a league final with McLoughlin, Coen and Carr starting inside, I'd have laughed you off. But here we are. Considering the injuries, it's not a bad team I suppose.

McLoughlin in full forward line is like finding a new player. He looks comfy there. Obviously delighted for James aswell. Hope it goes well for him.

Lar Naparka

Has anybody seen the subs bench? I can't find it anywhere. An awful lot is going to depend on the options available to Horan during the course of the game.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

greatpoint

Quote from: blanketattack on March 29, 2019, 10:30:12 PM
Seems a bit unfair on the youngsters that got Mayo to the final to be replaced by the old guard for the final. Can't be good for their morale.
You'd think the youngsters would gain more from a run out in Croke Park than those who have vast experience.
Horan is probably thinking this is the likes of Vaughan, Barrett, Higgins, Keegan, O'Shea and McLoughlin's only likely chance of a national title.

Outside of Dublin and Kerry, I believe Paul Kerrigan is the only current intercounty footballer to have a league medal. Walsh and Cadogan have ones but are hurlers only now.

Paul Durcan and Neil McGee both have league medals.

mayo.mick

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 30, 2019, 10:34:38 AM
Has anybody seen the subs bench? I can't find it anywhere. An awful lot is going to depend on the options available to Horan during the course of the game.

We won't know the subs for sure till we get our mitts on a programe.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

MayoBuck

Quote from: mayo.mick on March 30, 2019, 05:02:41 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 30, 2019, 10:34:38 AM

We won't know the subs for sure till we get our mitts on a programe.

A lot of panel members lined out for their clubs today so you can make a good estimate about who's on the bench.

larryin89

Reape ,Loftus , Eoin o donoghue,Jason gibbons , caolan crowe all lined out for their clubs .

So Conor o Shea will have a place on the bench tomorrow again no doubt.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Randy

Quote from: larryin89 on March 30, 2019, 08:42:55 PM
Reape ,Loftus , Eoin o donoghue,Jason gibbons , caolan crowe all lined out for their clubs .

Lol. You're right. He's on the bench. Something strange going on there. Feck sake, he's about as much use as tits on a bull but he's been on every mayo panel over the last 4-5 yrs. I never rated loftus but surely he's better than conor o'se??

Blowitupref

The Mayo sub bench tomorrow according to the program

David Clarke
Stephen Coen
Michael Plunkett
James McCormack
Colm Boyle
Ciaran Treacy
Conor O'Shea
David Drake
Evan Regan
Andy Moran
Conor Diskin
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

Quote from: Randy on March 30, 2019, 10:53:23 PM

Lol. You're right. He's on the bench. Something strange going on there. Feck sake, he's about as much use as tits on a bull but he's been on every mayo panel over the last 4-5 yrs. I never rated loftus but surely he's better than conor o'se??

What has Eoin O Donoghue done so bad to be calved??
Gibbons just looked unfit when he came on last game and may have a future still.
I honestly cant see Horan - I dunno - have the patience for a couple of the others. Maybe patience is the wrong word.

macdanger2

Quote from: moysider on March 31, 2019, 12:09:48 AM

What has Eoin O Donoghue done so bad to be calved??
Gibbons just looked unfit when he came on last game and may have a future still.
I honestly cant see Horan - I dunno - have the patience for a couple of the others. Maybe patience is the wrong word.

Yeah, I was sure EOD would nail down a starting spot this year

whitey

I hope Jimmy Sloyan doesn't find out

Dire Ear

Well, the answer to the opening post is that it's actually not the Dubs, which I suppose is heartening to the rest of us! For Sam however, it's still the Dubs to loose, Kerry would be my choice 😉

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 30, 2019, 11:06:19 PM
The Mayo sub bench tomorrow according to the program

David Clarke
Stephen Coen
Michael Plunkett
James McCormack
Colm Boyle
Ciaran Treacy
Conor O'Shea
David Drake
Evan Regan
Andy Moran
Conor Diskin

Surprised Clarke being on it. Just given the fact his sister got married less than 24 hours ago, and Schlingermann on and off the bench as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo Mick

So league is now so diminished that the final does not have it's own thread. Leaving that aside this is a big game for us and a must win. We can't lose another national final in CP and pretending that this game does not matter will fool nobody. We also need to put some doubt in Kerry and stall their arrival for another while.

We should win if we bring our intensity and physicality. I expect we will have more possession and we need to make this show on the scoreboard against a defence that is average enough. Biggest fear is that we concede 3 or 4 goals - Kerry forwards are handy.

It's been a good league for us in terms of team building and confidence in Horan. Let's win the bloody thing.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!