Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: tiempo on September 07, 2021, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 07, 2021, 03:16:07 PM
Quote from: tiempo on September 07, 2021, 02:14:38 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 07, 2021, 12:29:17 PM
Quote from: tiempo on September 07, 2021, 11:18:21 AM
Genuine question

Would the 11 of the peak Dublin all conquering 6 IAR team beat the Luxemburgers at Lansdowne?

I say yes

Would a team of amateur players in a different sport beat full time pros in another? Are you for real?

Ireland's GAA stars routinely beat Australia's AFL stars

Not in Aussie Rules....

I stand by my point. Kevin Moran, Seamus Coleman and scores of others went abroad with a GAA background and made the top level. GAA lads are going to Aus and making the top level. The Dubs would punish the Lux'burgers, to suggest otherwise is silly

Luxembourg have a number of players who play in the top two divisions in England, Germany, France, Holland and so on.

How many of the Dublin squad were ever courted by professional soccer teams underage?

Have any turned out at League of Ireland level?

yellowcard

Genuine question

Would the 11 of the peak Dublin all conquering 6 IAR team beat the Luxemburgers at Lansdowne?

I say yes

Anytime I see the words 'genuine question' I worry. This post is one of the more extreme examples.

mouview

Straight away after being told Bazunu can play at a higher level, he get's his positioning wrong for the goal.

yellowcard

Bit harsh on Bazunu who looks composed and had a good first half. Better display tonight going forward it's been an entertaining first half. The problem is that Serbia still look more likely to score a second based on what we've seen so far.

CitySlicker11

Serbia very comfortable on the ball, a good passing team. No clear cut chances created by Ireland in the first half.

Baile Brigín 2

Genuine question

I say yes

Would a team of amateur players in a different sport beat full time pros in another? Are you for real?

Not in Aussie Rules....

I stand by my point. Kevin Moran, Seamus Coleman and scores of others went abroad with a GAA background and made the top level. GAA lads are going to Aus and making the top level. The Dubs would punish the Lux'burgers, to suggest otherwise is silly

Moran played LoI before he lined out for the Dubs. Using your logic LoI players would boss football..

Coleman was always a soccer player who played some GAA. I can't think of any player who jumped from the GAA to professional football.

Its absolute nonsense to suggest lads who have never played a sport could just pick it up and beat a bunch of pros. Then add in the amateur v professional fitness levels and thats another layer. Offensive nonsense.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: mouview on September 07, 2021, 08:06:27 PM
Straight away after being told Bazunu can play at a higher level, he get's his positioning wrong for the goal.
Did he? I thought Hendrick was at fault there

yellowcard

Bazunu looks more impressive with every game. Ireland's best player tonight by a long shot so far. 

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: J70 on September 07, 2021, 04:27:39 PM
Genuine question

I say yes

Not in Aussie Rules....

Luxembourg have a number of players who play in the top two divisions in England, Germany, France, Holland and so on.

How many of the Dublin squad were ever courted by professional soccer teams underage?

Have any turned out at League of Ireland level?

I don't think modern football or the professionalisation of the LoI would allow dual players, but I can't think of any who really stood out. Mick Deegan was a solid IL player. Jayo maybe. Tohill couldn't cut it. Chin choked at the training levels at Wexford.

It's absolutely insane to think there are Dublin players who could earn 3k a week playing soccer but chose not to.

imtommygunn

I don't think the latter is as it's not purely money why you would choose the Gaa over lol soccer but to think that throwing a load of Gaa boys who are great at Gaa onto a soccer field to play an international team would work out well is not really that sensible....

Sure could we not fire them in the rugby World Cup while we're at it - might beat the likes of Canada or Romania ;D

imtommygunn

Capt Pat

I can't believe James Collins gets a game for Ireland. He is as bad as David Connolly, yes David Connolly.

Are Irelands players better than Northern Irelands players? I think they are but you wouldn't know it by the results.

MayoBuck

Commentary saying that goal is just what we deserved. Not sure about that but we'll take it

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 07, 2021, 09:30:08 PM
I don't think the latter is as it's not purely money why you would choose the Gaa over lol soccer but to think that throwing a load of Gaa boys who are great at Gaa onto a soccer field to play an international team would work out well is not really that sensible....

Sure could we not fire them in the rugby World Cup while we're at it - might beat the likes of Canada or Romania ;D

I bet if you turned the tables - Kevin Morans switch from a fringe LoI player to become an AI winner proves Bohs could win Sam, he would have an aneurism.

imtommygunn

Yeah just a silly suggestion. Sure stick some hurlers into the hockey World Cup while we're there.