The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: The Iceman on April 06, 2018, 10:05:18 PM
then he fights in the west. you dont think muslim americans will embrace Khabib?
they'll make a big card and it will sell

like i said, outside of FMW its the biggest fight they can make

And as I said, you're very foolish to think it's bigger than McGregor-GSP or McGregor-Diaz 3. Maybe this nonsense will raise the Russian's profile but he's been a side note in this story.

gallsman

The Diaz trilogy fight or a GSP fight are both far bigger than a Khabib fight, albeit not for the "sporting" reasons.

imtommygunn

I think the cork camogie goalie would be a good fit for the ufc after that tackle on the incoming kilkenny attacker!

Gmac

Bit strange  why khabib went away from mauling the guy to death in rounds 3-4 and stood toe to toe with him, if he fights Conor the Ppv sales will be on Conor again Because that style khabib has is not very sellable. Conor's problem is he made 100m last time out so how does he Come back down to 10-15 for his next fight  , I would say he wants to fight he craves the attention of the build up and all that goes with it but thinks the pay day is too small for him now , be interesting see what happens with him.

Wildweasel74

Made 100 million last time out?? Doubt it remotely bear that!!

Don Johnson

Need a birthday present for a young UFC fan

Is there anywhere in Belfast that sells that terrible UFC Tapout gear?

gallsman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 08, 2018, 10:09:19 PM
Made 100 million last time out?? Doubt it remotely bear that!!

For the Mayweather fight? He wouldn't have been far off it.

Taylor

Quote from: Don Johnson on April 22, 2018, 08:27:21 AM
Need a birthday present for a young UFC fan

Is there anywhere in Belfast that sells that terrible UFC Tapout gear?

Sports direct sells that hear Don

The Iceman

Quote from: Syferus on April 06, 2018, 10:12:14 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on April 06, 2018, 10:05:18 PM
then he fights in the west. you dont think muslim americans will embrace Khabib?
they'll make a big card and it will sell

like i said, outside of FMW its the biggest fight they can make

And as I said, you're very foolish to think it's bigger than McGregor-GSP or McGregor-Diaz 3. Maybe this nonsense will raise the Russian's profile but he's been a side note in this story.
I didn't say it would be bigger than McGregor GSP. GSP isn't even part of the discussion. We're talking about the LW championship. GSP last fought at MW, campaigned at WW and is out indefinitely with a sickness. You can't call me foolish for disregarding a fight that isn't even part of the conversation. We're talking CMG versus Khabib or CMG versus FMW or other potential LWs
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Gs Man

Holloway vs Ortega announced.

Really looking forward to that one.  Love both fighters, but I think Ortega is on a different level.
Keep 'er lit

gallsman

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 23, 2018, 01:41:23 PM

Really looking forward to that one.  Love both fighters, but I think Ortega is on a different level.

He's great but Holloway's volume gonna be too much for him.

Smokin Joe

Saturday's co-main event between Frankie Edgar and Cub Swanson was a bit of a yawnfest; I was disappointed in it.

The Barboza v Lee fight was fun.  In Khabib and Lee Barboza is pretty unlucky to have come up against 2 great wrestlers in his last 2 fights; he took some damage in both of those fights.
Kevin Lee was lucky enough not to damage his his right foot as he did the "chicken dance" when his legs went after the spinning heel kick in the 3rd round.

The card, generally, was underwhelming but Dan Hooker showed again that he is something a bit different.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2018, 01:48:14 PM

You're overshooting a bit there Gs man with the "next level" label.
I agree with Gallsman here - Max is high pressure and will overwhelm Ortega who has not yet got the striking ability to stand for long with the champ.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 23, 2018, 01:50:21 PM
Saturday's co-main event between Frankie Edgar and Cub Swanson was a bit of a yawnfest; I was disappointed in it.

Ah it was never going to be any different. Because he hasn't been a champ in so long and after his losses to Aldo and Ortega, people forget our overlook just how brilliant a fighter and wrestler Edgar is. Miles above Swanson, just like the first time around.

The Gs Man

Quote from: The Iceman on April 23, 2018, 01:58:23 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 23, 2018, 01:48:14 PM

You're overshooting a bit there Gs man with the "next level" label.
I agree with Gallsman here - Max is high pressure and will overwhelm Ortega who has not yet got the striking ability to stand for long with the champ.

Well, next level ju jitsu then... :-)  Don't think he'll stand too long with anyone!

That Kevin Lee chicken dance was some craic!
Keep 'er lit