2015 Laois Senior Football

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: redsetanta on February 20, 2015, 11:30:15 AM
I'm no Homer Simpson.

Good on ya Junior you're doing your best to promote the site. Will be a few here Sunday I would say after the hurling. Sure Ed can post away now with no worries as to what he or anybody else says!
Thanks redsetanta, I'll do anything I can to keep discussions going on all things Laois.
It's very hard to believe that the team didn't know anything about that game last night, if its true then management have to look at themselves.
Westmeath are a good side this year so given the circumstances that wasn't a bad result I suppose, hopefully all the injuries will clear up soon and we can try to salvage something out of the remainder of this years league.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Mooreman

Heard Laois were all over the place last night, wouldn't be surprised if the players knew nothing about it.  We're in a bad spot at the moment but hopefully things can be turned around. 

Heshs Umpire

Hard to believe that a game could happen without panel members knowing?
Maybe it was a kind of trial game for fringe players and some of the established guys weren't asked to play?
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Thewildcat

laois football is in a shambles theses times.

Catch and Kick

I think Laois supporters are very hard on team managers. Settle down and stop hurling abuse and pressure not them! It's hard to win games in Div 2 with a panel decimated by withdrawals.

INDIANA

Quote from: Catch and Kick on February 21, 2015, 05:39:21 PM
I think Laois supporters are very hard on team managers. Settle down and stop hurling abuse and pressure not them! It's hard to win games in Div 2 with a panel decimated by withdrawals.

why is everyone leaving is the question

Gills on the Corner

It is pretty clear the current manager is not the flavor of the month with a lot of players . Change is needed starting from the bottom up .  The current crop of players available to the county are obviously not finding any inspiration from the present set-up.

Catch and Kick

Quote from: INDIANA on February 21, 2015, 08:37:27 PM

Laois are notorious for players leaving, no matter who is manager.

Gills on the Corner

I think the problem lies s lot deeper than players leaving the panel but I see your point . Laois football needs to get back to basics and that means getting some structure back in place in the underage system which was so evident from the mid 90s and onwards .

Thewildcat

Quote from: Catch and Kick on February 21, 2015, 09:32:10 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on February 21, 2015, 08:37:27 PM

Laois are notorious for players leaving, no matter who is manager.

agree they are at it for years.

Unlaoised

Laois players were kept in the Dark told it was training so Kildare or galway would not have any scouts at the game (laois and westmeaths next opponents)

Westmeath players obv knew as they would have left early to come to Laois..

TOF has done this before!
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Scouts??? Jaysus. TV highlights aren't even needed in our case. Newspaper reports gives them all the info they need. As long as they bring 15 players they should be grand!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on February 23, 2015, 04:22:26 PM
Scouts??? Jaysus. TV highlights aren't even needed in our case. Newspaper reports gives them all the info they need. As long as they bring 15 players they should be grand!

I know absolute madness ...That's what I heard I'm not looking forward to Tuam next sunday but then again you never know with Laois and we have a superb record against Galway in recent times.

A win away to Wexford in the U21 on wednesday would be a boost for Sunday and maybe TOF might look to bring in a few more off that panel if they shine to add a bit of freshness to the whole thing.

Last year

Hammered by Donegal at Home 13 points
Scrape past Louth away by 3 Points
Hammer Galway at home by 15 points
Beaten well by Armagh  away 9 points
Loose narrowly to Meath at home 2 points
Loose to Monaghan  away by  5 points
Beat Down by 3 points to survive

Having Down and Galway and Meath away this year doesn't help our chances Westmeath away was like Louth last year a must win.

We need to pick up something Sunday to survive then beat Rossies at home and maybe take something from either Kildare at home or Meath away its going to be hard but never say never!

LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

I've heard the set up isn't great under Flaherta at the moment with one fella who left the panel saying the training with his club is superior to what's happening at county training. Management seem to be going through the motions.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

OTF

I'm another refugee from Laoistalk some will recognise me by my initials,it took me a while but I'm glad to be here.