The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

I think England might feck it up early on because they're looking too far ahead. Let's hope so anyway.

trailer

Quote from: BennyCake on June 28, 2018, 02:04:08 PM
I think England might feck it up early on because they're looking too far ahead. Let's hope so anyway.
What? Do you not read papers? Be on the internet? Watch the news?

IT'S
COMING
HOME!

<This is a sarcastic post> <Wierd that I have to declare this> <People take the internet too serious>

Insane Bolt

Senegal's national anthem is like something out of a Marx brothers film😂

Captain Obvious

Colombia bring a lot of beauty to this World cup.

Cunny Funt

Beauty and then you have these fellas

Dire Ear

Captain Obvious

Senegal out because they received more yellow cards than Japan.

longballin

Teams played today like they didn't want to win... or had no self belief. Japan and Senegal.

AQMP

Intriguing for England.  Go to win the group and play Japan but then Brazil or Mexico in the quarters.  Or try to finish second to play Colombia (probably a better team than Japan), then Sweden or Switzerland?

BennyCake

Quote from: trailer on June 28, 2018, 02:31:20 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 28, 2018, 02:04:08 PM
What? Do you not read papers? Be on the internet? Watch the news?

IT'S
COMING
HOME!

<This is a sarcastic post> <Wierd that I have to declare this> <People take the internet too serious>

Can't wait to see Keano in action when Engerland go out.

trailer

Places at the world cup from the different confederations should be based on the co-efficient of that respective confederation. Much like Champions League places. 4 Eng, 4 Spain 1 Ireland etc. So if European and South American teams do well - then more spots for teams from those confederations. Am I right in saying not one African team made the last 16?
Of course, South America gave us Panama, so they should be just banned from even entering qualifying again.

Hound

Quote from: longballin on June 28, 2018, 05:04:10 PM
Teams played today like they didn't want to win... or had no self belief. Japan and Senegal.
The Senegal lad on the line for the Colombia game was feckin hilarious!

Milltown Row2

Last minute injury time winner and stuffing Panama 6-1 has propelled England into favourites it seems by the English press! Belgium will rest players tonight and at worst get a draw! Watch out for a few yellow cards late on by the English if it's still a draw, would drop them into second place!

Been listening to various sport channels on radio and the amount of 'we' from Irish, so called Irish, Welsh and Scottish commentators would sicken your hole!!

England have a team to win it but the hype that they have been reigning in these past few tournaments is surfacing and all based on 6-1 win over Panama!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: AQMP on June 28, 2018, 05:17:14 PM
Intriguing for England.  Go to win the group and play Japan but then Brazil or Mexico in the quarters.  Or try to finish second to play Colombia (probably a better team than Japan), then Sweden or Switzerland?
Reckon we'll see plenty of yellow cards in the last ten minutes if it's still a draw..!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: trailer on June 28, 2018, 05:35:06 PM
Places at the world cup from the different confederations should be based on the co-efficient of that respective confederation. Much like Champions League places. 4 Eng, 4 Spain 1 Ireland etc. So if European and South American teams do well - then more spots for teams from those confederations. Am I right in saying not one African team made the last 16?
Of course, South America gave us Panama, so they should be just banned from even entering qualifying again.

Geography not ur strong point  :)