The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: hardstation on June 27, 2018, 03:07:21 PM
Alright, Gok Wan.

See myself as more of a Laurence Llewellyn Bowen man.

johnnycool

AQMP

Germany staring down the barrell!

Ozil has been shocking.  His body language is terrible.

laoislad

Do they need to score twice? The RTE commentators had said they needed to match Swedens result to go through. Sweden are two up.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: AQMP on June 27, 2018, 04:22:34 PM
Germany staring down the barrell!

Ozil has been shocking.  His body language is terrible.

He's a bit of a bollox too. And Werner is hopelessly overrated. How did Sané not make this squad?

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on June 27, 2018, 04:27:49 PM
Do they need to score twice? The RTE commentators had said they needed to match Swedens result to go through. Sweden are two up.

No, I think if they score once, Mexico will actually be out.

AQMP

BBC are saying that 1-0 to Germany (and 2-0 to Sweden) will send Mexico home.

AZOffaly

Quote from: AQMP on June 27, 2018, 04:28:50 PM

BBC are saying that 1-0 to Germany (and 2-0 to Sweden) will send Mexico home.

At the moment Mexico's goal difference is -1 (3-0 Sweden now). If Germany score and win, they will have a goal difference of +1 and go through.

laoislad

Bit of a bollix on Mexico though seeing as they beat Germany. Thought head to head was counted before goal difference, obviously not.

Liverpool are supposed to be interested in Werner. Wouldn't be impressed with him from what I've seen.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on June 27, 2018, 04:36:31 PM
Bit of a bollix on Mexico though seeing as they beat Germany. Thought head to head was counted before goal difference, obviously not.

Liverpool are supposed to be interested in Werner. Wouldn't be impressed with him from what I've seen.

I know we shouldn't judge on WC tournaments (see Diouf,El Hadj) but he looks cack. This Brandt lad that's just come on looked good the last couple of times..

AQMP

Germany incredibly slow to move the ball.   No speed in that team at all.  Werner looks out of his depth.

From the Bunker

I think it does unless there are three teams tied on points!

AZOffaly

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 27, 2018, 04:41:34 PM

I think that's correct. If Germany win, there will be 3 teams on 6 points, so GD comes in.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2018, 04:45:18 PM

I think that's correct. If Germany win, there will be 3 teams on 6 points, so GD comes in.

ESPN were talking up Mexico's chances of winning the World Cup a couple days ago..

laoislad

Makes sense.
Sweden beat Mexico. Germany beat Sweden and Mexico beat Germany so on head to head they would all knock each other out  ;D