Up For The Match

Started by theticklemister, August 17, 2019, 09:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2023, 02:20:39 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2023, 01:42:58 PM
Jaysus, nordie victimhood knows no end, now it's discriminatory that they can't be scammed just like everybody else on the other side of the border   ;D

Ever been to Dublin, and heard how they might refer to Monaghan folk, ie, "dem nordie bastards"?  :P
Us Monaghan folk can pay the 2 euro and enter the scam and besides we're copacetic nordies, it's the nordies on the other side of the border that have the obsessive complexes, even to the extent of pining to be scammed equally ;D "really bugs me that I can't enter RTE GAA competitions".

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2023, 04:08:00 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2023, 02:20:39 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2023, 01:42:58 PM
Jaysus, nordie victimhood knows no end, now it's discriminatory that they can't be scammed just like everybody else on the other side of the border   ;D

Ever been to Dublin, and heard how they might refer to Monaghan folk, ie, "dem nordie bastards"?  :P
Us Monaghan folk can pay the 2 euro and enter the scam and besides we're copacetic nordies, it's the nordies on the other side of the border that have the obsessive complexes, even to the extent of pining to be scammed equally ;D "really bugs me that I can't enter RTE GAA competitions".

Accept it, you're bleedin' nordies, though a partitionist mindset will always draw a partitionist distinction!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Sportacus

Quote from: Sportacus on July 30, 2023, 01:49:53 PM
McBennett will be tweeting this evening that 1.2 million people watched the All Ireland, and the RTE  commercial team will be selling advertising for big bucks off the back of it.  Does that include northern viewers?
And there he goes. Just tweeted 1.096mn viewers. RTE will be happy to sell advertising off that all day long, but won't let Northern viewers enter their competitions.

RedHand88

Quote from: Sportacus on July 31, 2023, 02:32:12 PM
McBennett will be tweeting this evening that 1.2 million people watched the All Ireland, and the RTE  commercial team will be selling advertising for big bucks off the back of it.  Does that include northern viewers?
And there he goes. Just tweeted 1.096mn viewers. RTE will be happy to sell advertising off that all day long, but won't let Northern viewers enter their competitions.

Is it not a legal thing though with the law in the North?  And his is why BBCNI and UTV don't run these things anymore? And why Edendork got into hot water recently?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Sportacus on July 30, 2023, 12:05:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2023, 11:04:17 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 30, 2023, 12:42:07 AM
Quote from: restorepride on July 30, 2023, 12:29:27 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on July 30, 2023, 12:02:00 AM
It really bugs me that I can't enter RTE GAA competitions.
+7 in this household.

The question was too hard anyway

What is the reason? Is it not gambling laws or something like that or am I imagining that?
Change the law then.  This should not be beyond the wit of man.

I doubt the law will be changed to accomodate the sunday game competition...

yellowcard

Quote from: Sportacus on July 31, 2023, 02:32:12 PM

Does he actually believe there is a correlation between the size of the viewing audience and the presentation and quality of the programme. It had over 1million viewers because it was an AI final the biggest game of the calendar. It had nothing to do with RTE quality of pundits or commentary. 

Sportacus

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 31, 2023, 02:39:13 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on July 30, 2023, 12:05:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2023, 11:04:17 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 30, 2023, 12:42:07 AM
Quote from: restorepride on July 30, 2023, 12:29:27 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on July 30, 2023, 12:02:00 AM
It really bugs me that I can't enter RTE GAA competitions.
+7 in this household.

The question was too hard anyway

What is the reason? Is it not gambling laws or something like that or am I imagining that?
Change the law then.  This should not be beyond the wit of man.

I doubt the law will be changed to accomodate the sunday game competition...
It blows back to identity which gets a lot of people revved up.  I'll be surprised if one of the Northern parties don't propose an amendment if Stormont comes back (they have much bigger fish to fry of course, but it will be debated).  In the meantime I believe RTE are milking it.