Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

supersub

Pitch looked shockin alright. How was this allowed to go ahead!!?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Great photos amallon. Are you professional?

Who'd would youse Down lads expect to go and win the championship now? Kilcoo, Burren or someone else?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

supersub

Its been handed on a plate nicely to burren now unfortunately!!

John Martin

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 24, 2009, 12:52:29 AM
Great photos amallon. Are you professional?

Who'd would youse Down lads expect to go and win the championship now? Kilcoo, Burren or someone else?

I'd say kilcoo would be favourites but they could be beat by any of the other 4 teams if they were on their day.

western exile

Quote from: True Blue on August 24, 2009, 12:19:02 AM
well done to the two teams tonight, bridge and kilcoo. i arrived late coming from croke park and couldnt believe that the game was being played when i saw the state of the pitch. the fact that there were puddles of water all over the pitch and that the two best teams in the county (league & championship winners) were made play in what most people thought the biggest game of the championship was a disgrace. as a neutral supporter, which makes no difference to my post, the game tonight should have been postponed. every time a player went for the ball there was water flying everywhere. yes it was the same for both teams and fair play to kilcoo but if that was a league game that match would have been off. we have read all the craic about castlewellan & clonduff and was the pitch playable or not and who deemed it yes or no, but a blind man on a galloping horse would have told you that clonduff tonight was not playable. My point to this post is

did the ref say it was playable or did the county board tell him it was ?

i would like to hear what anyone else thinks because and i hope no one has got injured but if they had of tonight  on what can only be described as a flooded pitch (not waterlogged) would be a disgrace.
Interesting question,  as it was originally scheduled as a double header, but earlier the Intermediate Championship game was moved to Bright as the Clonduff pitch would be too wet for 2 games. Was this decision made by the county board?

True Blue

Quote from: amallon on August 24, 2009, 12:42:13 AM
It was a bit wet tonight alright!

these pictures, and may i just say mr mallon are fantastic, make my case for my last post so strong.

TONIGHTS GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO A FLOODED PITCH

To answer the last queastion posted who do you think will win it now. Its not about who will win it. all neutrals in the county hope burren or kilcoo dont win it. we are all cheering on the island and winners of clonduff and liatriom.
but its up for grabs now.

look at the weekend a poor burren performance, a terrible game between an riocht & island and kilcoo swimming into the semis. at the moment and i dont want to curse you, but no doubt kilcoo are favourites to win the championship. to win the down championship in the last 5 years you had to beat the bridge, so kilcoo are the team to beat
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

western exile

I heard tonight that the County Minor full back (Boyle) got his jaw broken in a big altercation in Castlewellan at the weekend, and will thus miss the AI semi next weekend.  Can anyone confirm?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/psni-investigate-serious-assault-in-co-down-423644.html

Mid Down Gael

Great win for Kilcoo. The game should never have went ahead, woeful conditions. I have great sympathy for the bridge, the conditions made it a lottery and they shouldnt have had to defend their title in them conditions. Although for 50 minutes they adapted much better. they are becoming far too dependant on Benny and Walsh. Kilcoo where poor, played for ten minutes and won. Just hope we can go on and win it now after knocking two favourites out. Well done to Mayobridge, great champions and they deserve all the credit for the 8 championshops they won in recent years. Kilcoo owed the bridge a defeat in the championship after many years in trying. Well done to the 19 Kilcoo men who gave their all.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: western exile on August 24, 2009, 02:37:44 AM
I heard tonight that the County Minor full back (Boyle) got his jaw broken in a big altercation in Castlewellan at the weekend, and will thus miss the AI semi next weekend.  Can anyone confirm?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/psni-investigate-serious-assault-in-co-down-423644.html

Yes Paddy Boyle has a broken jaw. Castlewellan becoming a shit hole for rows and leaving people seriously ill. a gang from Warrenpoint responsible, including kick boxers.

maldini

can anyone who was at Bright yesterday at the Downpatrick v Darragh C game honestly say that referee was fit to ref an IFC quarter final??

come on county board, we need stronger refs for these big games!
he must hav been related to the downpatrick number 6, its the only reason i can think he didnt card him all game, he started or was stuck in the middle of every flair up

great win for the Cross all the same!

amallon

Cheers Mid Down - It would have been easy to put the boot in this morning.

Paddy Boyle wasn't out drinking.  He was driving and got out of his car to help some friends who were being attacked.  Just because you are a Down minor doesn't mean you have to become a hermit and sit in the house. 

Those making acusations on the incident with the Loughinisland changing rooms should edit their posts.  This isn't the time or place.

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Lecale2

Quote from: amallon on August 24, 2009, 09:34:45 AM

Those making acusations on the incident with the Loughinisland changing rooms should edit their posts.  This isn't the time or place.

Agreed!

Maiden1

Does anyone know when the draws for the semi finals are to be made?
There are no proofs, only opinions.

meatsy86

Draws made tonight at the Liatroim v Clonduff match.