5/4 Liatroim  6/1   Longstone 4/6
5/6   +1.5                -1.5      5/6

5/2 Ardglass  7/1   Carryduff  1/3
5/6      +4.5             -4.5     5/6

this will be tight game and may be worth a wee punt on Ardglass

Good call SB
There are no proofs, only opinions.

behind the wire

lads can anyone tell me how much it is into a champonship double header?

i have heard that its £12.

now i only want to go to see one game so if its £12 i think il stay at home.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

D4S

Was £5 last night into Newcastle, I'd imagine for a double header it'll be 7 or 8!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

behind the wire

that sounds about right. dont think there would be much of a crowd if it was £12
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

spiritof91and94

£8 tonight in hilltown, I ask last night. Should the Co Board not have a weekend pass for say £20 to facilitate spectators who attend all games?
Seen the big drive by club down last night handing out flyers - the stand was full of them after the game.

norabeag

I think £8 is reasonable for a double header and your idea re weekend ticket is very good. But instead of just saying the county board should think of it, put it through your club for consideration as I imagine it would get considerable support.
The only way to get change is to bring ideas through the clubs to co board and if it is reasonable the clubs will back it.
There are obviously things to consider with such a ticket like people trying to transfer it on a night they arent using etc, but I believe it could be a winner for guys like you and me who will go or would like to go to multiple games.

DownFanatic

Quote from: D4S on August 07, 2009, 11:07:15 AM
Disappointed with last nights result.  Barry Kelly got a straight red for swinging at a Liatroim player who was 1 of 2 who were pulling at his jersey and in his face.  Of course he should have walked away but regrettably didn't, he didn't connect and I'd say if this had of been a league game 9 times out of 10 he would have stayed on the field but been very lucky to do so. 

The sending off sprung longstone into action and  we played some super stuff in the first 15 minutes going 4-1 up, but really we should have been up about 5 points at least with a couple of convertable frees missed.  Mark Poland was super in the first half he completely roasted the number 6 Higgins, and when they put 2 men on him for the last 10 of the half he was still playing well.  They really tightened things up in the 2nd half dropping their extra man back and utilised him very well, giving the Longstone forwards no space and leaving Mark frustrated at being kept out of the game.  Liatroim got a few excellent scores the 2nd half from O' Prey & PP McCartan who made some really strong runs through our defence, which meant we were always chasing this 2nd half. 

With 10 to go we levelled it at 11-11 and the game was still there for the taking but errors + the lack of space upfront meant we could never get that point in front which we needed psychologically.  No one has mentioned it yet but the referee could have played at least another minute to a minute + a  half at the end of the game. 3 minutes were called and straight away there was a stoppage of a minute + a half, the ref still only played exactly 3 minutes stoppage time, even though longstone had just won the ball in the middle of the field and were on the attack.  Disappointing to say the least.  On the whole a draw may have been a fair result as longstone did battle on for the whole match with 14 men, too many players underperformed on the night so maybe they deserved another shot at it to redeem themselves but it wasn't to be.  Congrats to the Liatroim management who used their extra man very effectively which essentially won them the game.

A Division 4 centre half forward would have had a field day against Donach O'Higgins. He is very slow. If I was Jarlath Austin Id be looking to put someone a lot more mobile in there.

I can see the Ford just squeezing by Kilcoo tonight. Don't think there will be much in it. Kilcoo are being discounted from all corners and this could work to their favour. They must be itching to get a good run in the Championship after all these years of underachievement.

In the other game tonight Glasdrumman will have no trouble in dumping Drumaness out.

amallon

Sorry for the mess last night Spirit but needs must.  On Club Down our website is up and running so if anyone is interested it can be found at www.clubdown.com

You can download a membership form direct from the website and send it into the county office.  We have membership packages to suit most pockets, become a member for £10/Month or a Partner for £40/Month.

We also have a race day at Down Royal coming up on the 28th August which costs £75 per person or £750 per table.  

I know times are tough but I'm sure there are plenty of GAABoarders who could be members or partners of Club Down.  Now is the time to show the colour of your money lads.

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on August 07, 2009, 02:08:10 PM
Sorry for the mess last night Spirit but needs must.  On Club Down our website is up and running so if anyone is interested it can be found at www.clubdown.com

You can download a membership form direct from the website and send it into the county office.  We have membership packages to suit most pockets, become a member for £10/Month or a Partner for £40/Month.

We also have a race day at Down Royal coming up on the 28th August which costs £75 per person or £750 per table.  

I know times are tough but I'm sure there are plenty of GAABoarders who could be members or partners of Club Down.  Now is the time to show the colour of your money lads.

Aidan,
The package is actually good enough value for a genuine supporter.
Mr Kelly has already been in touch about signing up!

Bitta-Banter

Kilcoo 2-9  1-9 Bryansford
Glasdrumman beat Drumaness well, don't know score

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

kilcoo 2.9 bryansford 1.9
HA feckin HA

DownFanatic

Well done to Kilcoo. That is some result considering they were behind at halftime. Would over confidence maybe have been a factor in the Ford defeat?

IFC

Glasdrumman 2-15  Drumaness 0-11

thegael

Must have been the Pete factor !!!

Delighted for Kilcoo so let's put to bed even thinking of mc grath for senior post.

i loved the never say die attitude of kilcoo.Well done !A great club the gael is a great admirer.

the gael takes no prisoners!

mournerambler

Powerful result for Kilcoo tonight, they came out & turned a 3 point deficit into a 4 point gain after half-time, thought the two Brannigan's were immense in the Kilcoo defense & the work rate of the entire Kilcoo team was of the highest order.
I have to say that Conor Laverty is a little bollix to say the least, he seemed to be getting himself involved in a lot of hand bag's throughout the entire game.
Kalum King was the best Ford player I thought but he did drift out of it in the second half, as 'spirit of 91 & 94' said last night regarding Longstone players, too many of Bryansford's star men failed to turn-up tonight & the scoreline flattered them slightly.
I do hope that the rest of the weekend games have a bit more bite than what we seen tonight as it was played at a very pedestrian pace at times.