Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downboy

Hey all , I am  brand spanking new so please be gentle

D4S - you have any odds for other games.

Specifically Castlewellan Saval if you have it
cheers

5 Sams

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 06, 2009, 11:00:02 AM
lads, forgive my ignorance, argument in work here that needs settled. How many players can actually strip out for championship over the weekend. i understood that ye had to name panel of 24 to strip out (15 take the field and 9 named subs on the bench). is it possible that you could have any more than 9 stripped out on bench, obviosuly they arent named and cant play but can they, as panel members still be inside the dugout stripped, and be part of it all. Do clubs bring 30 and just name 24? i thought it was just 24 inside the wire and thats it, no more but this guy reckons not.

Here's the rules Brick. Clear enough I think. Only 24 stripped but 11 officials allowed.

•Ensure that the passes are issued to players and team officials only. Persons without passes will not be permitted into the enclosed area even if they are players.
•Club chairman and secretary should be in the dugouts and be responsible for the actions of your players and team officials.
•Ensure that your substitutes and team officials remain in the dugouts at all times and do not interfere with linesmen or match officials.
•Teams playing in the second game of a double bill should ensure that all pre match warmups are done during the second half of the first game so as to ensure that your game starts at the appointed time.
•The maximum number of players allowed entry into the playing enclosure is 24 and these 24 names shall be numbered as per the teams sheets and the programme. The maximum number of officials permitted entry is 11 including the chairman and secretary. In addition 3 hurley carriers shall be allowed entry for a hurling game.
•Provide the host club with the team details (as they will be numbered on match day) at least 4 day's prior to the game.
•Failure to comply with any of these arrangements will result in the approitate  fine or other penatlies being imposed on the club as per rule.
The Aristocrat Years

D4S

Yeh from Hughes's took a note of them

Friday night
1/4 Glassdrumman 7/1 Drumaness 3/1
4/5 Bryansford 6/1 Kilcoo 1/1

Saturday
9/4 Shamrocks 13/2 Kilclief 1/3
1/4 An Riocht 7/1 Clan na Banna 3/1
2/5 Loughinisland 13/2 Warrenpoint 2/1

Sunday
4/7 Ballymartin 6/1 Drumgath 6/4
5/6 Mayobridge -9.5   Annaclone +9.5 5/6
7/4 Clonduff 6/1 Rostrevor 1/2
4/6 Castlewellan 6/1 Saval 5/4

Monday
1/4 Burren 7/1 Ballyholland 3/1
4/6 Dundrum 6/1 Saul 5/4
5/2 Bredagh 13/2 Attical 2/7
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

maldini

Brick Tamlin

The Newry Reporter coverage of local GAA has definitely improved this last year or so.

5 Sams

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 06, 2009, 12:31:20 PM
The Newry Reporter coverage of local GAA has definitely improved this last year or so.

Have to agree Brick....I think it's mostly down to a guy called Paul Welsh who would have been involved in putting together the Down Yearbook a few years ago.
The Aristocrat Years

D4S

The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

hectorsheroes

Where can you get a bet on these games, just Hughes in Newry?

Any potential odds or bookies around East Down area you could nip in and bet with?

Brick Tamlin

yeah Paul has pretty much revamped their GAA coverage, alot more reports, previews, pictures etc. There definitely was a lack of quality local GAA coverage in recent years. I also believe that most clubs are now more pro-active in terms of PRO which in turn feeds the papers. On Matt Fitzpatrick issue, ye have to wonder how lazy journalism like that can be allowed to be published, i mean its best not to report at all than to report somethin totally inaccurate or false.

always thought that the Armagh-Down observer was decently written for local GAA.

guevara

With regard to the "elbowing incident".
Any man found guilty of doing anything of this nature & found to be  should get 12/18 months straight away.
There is too much of it in our game. Boys who havent an ounce of football/hurling in them are being put in for the simple reason to take oposition players out.  You can argue all you want but it happens & clearly still does.
In GAA ts too easy to get away with striking as Club officiials in general tend to protect their own & assume it was an altercation. Its creeping in more & more & managers encouraging it are a disgrace to the game.
If you put half the boys that do it on the street to fight they wouldnt as theres a fair chance they will get as much back. But on a GAA pitch its not only encouraged but as our laws have proven in the past its much easier to break someones jaw on a Gaelic field & get off than it is in public.
It annoys me that these cowards can potentially cause some young fella serious harm & walk away from it laughing to their mates!
By the way Im not referring to the Incident reported on here just to the act in general..........Rant over!!!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

behind the wire

There is a guy Fitzpatrick (not matt!!) that regularly attends games for the observer and provides a good standard of coverage for gaa games (mostly south down though)

Newry reporter seems to be good at the minute. paul welch does a good job, has a lot of experience covering gaa and knows what people want.

also an honourable mention to a member of the board who has been making great stides covering gaa in the banbridge area (something which was almost non existent in the areas back pages until recently)
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

D4S

Quote from: hectorsheroes on August 06, 2009, 12:45:27 PM
Where can you get a bet on these games, just Hughes in Newry?

Any potential odds or bookies around East Down area you could nip in and bet with?

I'd imagine Toals in Downpatrick would have betting. Saweys in Newcastle and if they still have a Saweys in Castlewellan try there as well.

T O Hare

Quote from: D4S on August 06, 2009, 12:15:10 PM
Yeh from Hughes's took a note of them

Friday night
1/4 Glassdrumman 7/1 Drumaness 3/1
4/5 Bryansford 6/1 Kilcoo 1/1

Saturday
9/4 Shamrocks 13/2 Kilclief 1/3
1/4 An Riocht 7/1 Clan na Banna 3/1
2/5 Loughinisland 13/2 Warrenpoint 2/1

Sunday
4/7 Ballymartin 6/1 Drumgath 6/4
5/6 Mayobridge -9.5   Annaclone +9.5 5/6
7/4 Clonduff 6/1 Rostrevor 1/2
4/6 Castlewellan 6/1 Saval 5/4

Monday
1/4 Burren 7/1 Ballyholland 3/1
4/6 Dundrum 6/1 Saul 5/4
5/2 Bredagh 13/2 Attical 2/7

Saval are great value at 5/4 and the point at 2/1 are worth a punt!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Square Ball

Quote from: D4S on August 06, 2009, 11:30:27 AM
Tonights Betting!

5/4 Liatroim  6/1   Longstone 4/6
5/6   +1.5                -1.5      5/6

5/2 Ardglass  7/1   Carryduff  1/3
5/6      +4.5             -4.5     5/6

this will be tight game and may be worth a wee punt on Ardglass
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Town Gael

Is it true it is £12 into the ford- kilcoo game?