Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lroberts680

Clonduff is a serios ground for getting waterlogged, no drainage at all. A piss in the corner would flood that place.

Highlander3

Quote from: thewobbler on August 23, 2009, 09:02:18 PM
It's on BBC Sport Bcarrier.

There'll be some party wherever the O'Hare Cup lands this year.

Its on the Down Gaa web sites result page

BRIDGE LAD

Bridge definitely beaten, late rally by kilcoo. Bridge winnin by 6 with 7 mins left, some comeback from the magpies. Fair dues to them, they never stopped, never gave up hope. McCorry has to get the credit for comeback, used his 5 subs well and made the moves that counted! Paul Carroll also has to get praise for helping Kilcoo, Pluggy Barry was prob best bridge man tonight and took him off and replaced him with John Quinn who is just home from a 2 week holiday! Then took on Noel Sexton who was hardly fit to walk, Brutal. First half Bridge were all over them just never played in second half. Just thought they had it won.
Also conditions were a disgrace, pitch was dangerous.

tirnaog

bridge manager thought he had it won and started making subs kilcoo didnt look like winning until the changes were made condictions terrible fair play to kilcoo well done

Highlander3

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: Highlander3 on August 23, 2009, 09:55:49 PM
who played well for Kilcoo?

No one really stood out, they hadnt played that great at all. You could say they stole it really, but its never over till its over.

bikeflyer30

AT half-time the kilcoo lads put speados on thats how wet the pitch was,The bridge made subs and the game turned.SICK AS A PIG :(

supersub

Lots of new posters round championship time!

Most of them providing the info on matches!

NedFlanders

Just Thought I'd Mention The Referee Tonight, I Thought Neil Cousin's Did Very Well Tonight, Considering The Wet and Wild Condictions.

passedit

ACPRL Division 2:Bredagh 1-9, Warrenpoint 0-11, Venue: Bredagh, ;Carryduff 2-15, Annaclone 2-9, Venue: Carryduff, ;Ballyholland 3-11, Loughinisland 1-11, Venue: Ballyholland, ;Tullylish 0-11, Saval 0-11, Venue: Tullylish, ;Longstone 0-5, Downpatrick 0-0, Venue: Longstone, ;ACPRL Division 1:An Riocht 1-7, Bryansford 3-13, Venue: An Riocht, ;Rostrevor 2-15, Liatroim 0-9, Venue: Rostrevor, ;Burren 0-17, Clonduff 1-6, Venue: Burren, ;Ballymartin 1-11, Castlewellan 3-11, Venue: Ballymartin, ;Kilcoo 0-16, Mayobridge 0-7, Venue: Kilcoo, ;Powerade Down Senior Football Championship:Mayobridge 1-8, Kilcoo 1-10, Venue: Clonduff, ;An Riocht 0-8, Loughinisland 0-10, Venue: Castlewellan, ;Burren 1-10, Saval 0-12, Venue: Ballyholland, ;Around-A-Pound Down Intermediate Football Championship:Darragh Cross 0-9, Downpatrick 0-7, Venue: Clonduff, ;Ardglass 5-8, Dundrum 1-13, Venue: Downpatrick, ;Ballymartin 0-14, Glasdrumman 0-9, Venue: An Riocht, ;Around A Pound Down Junior Football Championship:Ballykinlar 0-4, Teconnaught 3-13, Venue: Loughinisland, ;Aghaderg 1-5, St Pauls 1-9, Venue: Carryduff, ;Bright 1-10, Dromara 1-10, Venue: St Johns, ;St John Bosco 0-11, Glenn 1-8, Venue: Saval, ;East Down U-16 A Football Championship:Castlewellan 3-5, Kilcoo 6-20, Venue: St Johns, ;East Down U14 A Football Championship:Carryduff 5-11, Castlewellan 2-4, Venue: Ballykinlar, ;South Down Minor Div 1 League:Mayobridge 1-7, Burren 2-15, Venue: Mayobridge, ;Glenn 1-12, Rostrevor 2-3, Venue: Glenn, ;Warrenpoint 2-6, Clonduff 4-22, Venue: Warrenpoint, ;Ladies Senior Championship:Clonduff 1-13, Saval 3-8, Venue: Mayobridge, Semi-Final (AET)
Don't Panic

niveaformen

Quote from: Town Gael on August 23, 2009, 07:57:57 PM
Due to the fact the changing rooms were ock3ed and there were stewards on the doors coupled with the fact the Clonduff weren't robbed points to a dirty Loughinisland man and from what i have been told that isn't beyond the realms of possibility

Maybe the fact that Clonduff weren't robbed is due to the fact they weren't playing you tube. Maybe if the stewarts had of been doing their jobs properly they wouldnt have got robbed.
Centre 3/4s what are you on about? ???

Kilcoo and Bridge match was poor game. Exciting in the last 5 but thats about it. Terrible conditions, with the ball stopping dead anytime it landed, causing players to run over it or slip stopping for it. Correct me if im wrong, but dont think one kickout was won with a clean catch. Fair play to Kilcoo, at least we'll have a new name on the championship this year. Although the bridge substitutions changed the game, what was the manager thinkin? Also, did anyone see conor Laverty down in the corner with Eoghan Woods?Was hanging of his arm and looked to be biting him!Hateful dog

umpire

Prediction League update

Bacon still out in front with 22

With 5 on 21

Johnnie99
DownFanatic
Eyeswideopen
Green + Gold
Souljaboy

Full Prediction league will be on here after all quarter finals is completed.

True Blue

well done to the two teams tonight, bridge and kilcoo. i arrived late coming from croke park and couldnt believe that the game was being played when i saw the state of the pitch. the fact that there were puddles of water all over the pitch and that the two best teams in the county (league & championship winners) were made play in what most people thought the biggest game of the championship was a disgrace. as a neutral supporter, which makes no difference to my post, the game tonight should have been postponed. every time a player went for the ball there was water flying everywhere. yes it was the same for both teams and fair play to kilcoo but if that was a league game that match would have been off. we have read all the craic about castlewellan & clonduff and was the pitch playable or not and who deemed it yes or no, but a blind man on a galloping horse would have told you that clonduff tonight was not playable. My point to this post is

did the ref say it was playable or did the county board tell him it was ?

i would like to hear what anyone else thinks because and i hope no one has got injured but if they had of tonight  on what can only be described as a flooded pitch (not waterlogged) would be a disgrace.
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

Oldhacker

The half time score in the u16 hurling was actually Bredagh 6-09, Castlewellan 2-02. It had  lashed down early on, and possibly should not have started, but the rain was over well before the break and Bredagh had the wind in the second half. Starting again from zero next week was a harsh call on Bredagh.

amallon

It was a bit wet tonight alright!

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.