Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Just checked on the Down website there for the results and see nthe peice on the castlewellan 7s. their new shirt looks lovely!

Mourne Rover

I  probably shouldn't bother, but I note that The Gael has just written off the most successful Down manager in our history in the same way as he has dismissed the credentials of every other potential candidate for the county vacancy. Is there any possibility that The Gael might ever tell us who, in his opinion, should actually get the job ?

thegael

The gael is just making everyone aware that the pete factor has got zero wins out of three years in senior  club championship football that is a record of 0 / 3 .

I am very frightened that this 5 man commitee may even consider this man - I hope they don't and out of a sense of duty i must make everyone aware of his recent senior record! SPORT IS SPORT AND IT HAS NO SENTIMENT!

the gael takes no prisoners!

BRIDGE LAD

Great win for Kilcoo tonight, they never gave up throughout. I tipped them to win tonight in my predictions, only one of a select few to do so. Just thought with all the talk of Bryansford they would just think it was gonna happen! Actually quite glad for them, their championship final was beating the bridge in the league!  Kilcoo only starting to peak now, previous seasons have peaked too early, they will give it a real go now!
Brendan Rice was very one sided tonight, leaning towards Bryansford. Did anyone else think that?

Town Gael

I'm sure Mourne Rambler will be shocked to hear this but I and those around me thought Brendan Rice had an excellent game tonight, reffed it very well. Spotted Laverty's diving etc and dealt with things fairly in what could have been an explosive game. Not a great game though.

mournerambler

Quote from: Town Gael on August 07, 2009, 11:16:56 PM
I'm sure Mourne Rambler will be shocked to hear this but I and those around me thought Brendan Rice had an excellent game tonight, reffed it very well. Spotted Laverty's diving etc and dealt with things fairly in what could have been an explosive game. Not a great game though.

Fair play town gael, thought he had a decent game as well & was always up with the play.

norabeag

Thought ref was very good as were Kilcoo in 2nd half.
Lavery is an annoying wee p***k.
Aidan Brannigan though was magnificent.

wobbller

Quote from: norabeag on August 08, 2009, 12:05:01 AM

Lavery's aggression may well be something that Down have been lacking this past few years.

mournerambler

Quote from: wobbller on August 08, 2009, 12:12:35 AM

Lavery's aggression may well be something that Down have been lacking this past few years.

There is a difference between aggression & being a complete & utter tosser, god help us if that's what Down are missing.

wobbller

Quote from: mournerambler on August 08, 2009, 12:23:16 AM
Quote from: wobbller on August 08, 2009, 12:12:35 AM

There is a difference between aggression & being a complete & utter t**ser, god help us if that's what Down are missing.

Well something is missing.

NedFlanders

The first two openers of this years SFC have been absolutely cracking, and two upsets if I'm not mistaking. That could lead to a few more hopefully, although Mayobridge are comfortable favourites for this encounter with Annaclone, seeing these two upsets will give Annaclone a bit of drive, hopefully another upset (highly doubt it though, but wouldn't be supprised). Looking forward to tommarrow evening double header in Castlewellan, An Riocht v Banbridge and Warrenpiont v Louginisland. Not the stand out ties by any means but i think we can expect some decent football. I think An Riocht will overcome Banbridge, but the Warrenpoint Loughinisland game is a flip of a coin, i hope for 2 more cracking games of football, and more over the course of the weekend and the Championship season.

As for the new down manager, heard some Byransford folk talking and a deal with McGrath is already in place  :)

Mid Down Gael

God i have one sore head this morning but the smile on my face has been ever present since 9 last night. We proved all the pundits wrong and gave a great second half performance. Agree with bridge gael, thought Rice gave the ford their frees much easier, although i rate him as a decent referee. Aidan and Nial Brannigan yet again proved they are county standard in a display where Sean OHanlon, Nial Morgan, Paul Greenan, Phelim McGreevy, Barry and Donal Kane, Paul Devlin and Laverty gave their all. With Anthony Devlin, the 3 McEvoy brothers and Marty McClean getting back from injury we have great hopes. The bridge and Burren will be the teams to beat now.

bikeflyer30

Can anyone tell me why kilkoo player's don't get a run out for DOWN when you see a team who play at a good level and what they done last year ?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: bikeflyer30 on August 08, 2009, 10:33:53 AM
Can anyone tell me why kilkoo player's don't get a run out for DOWN when you see a team who play at a good level and what they done last year ?

under Orourke we had 3 players got a run but Ross and DJ didnt see anyone good enough. Id say there is a few will get a chance when a new management is in place.

down6061689194

1st half bryansford were very good. 2nd Half kilcoo were very good. I hope Kilcoo don't progress as they are awful to watch, conor laverty is a disgrace to the game.

1st half Bryansford impressed about the middle and everytime they won a free it was taken by a man running though very quickly which destroyed kilcoo.

The ref had a good game, gave the frees 90% of the time when he should have and played some good advantage when a player broke free from a pull, also handled the Laverty situation well, although i think his 2nd rugby tackle would have resulted in a yellow had he not have already been booked.

Calum King has to be worth a run in the county team next year, he delivered more 1st half last night than Jack Lynch has in 2 seasons with the county.