Anyone been caught with no mot?

Started by tyrone girl, May 31, 2009, 11:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolloutking

I got caught speeding and having no plates up when I was an 'R' driver. Got away with a caution.

I MOT'd my car last week. Got a date within seven days.

Its amazing what some police will turn a blind eye to while others will try and do you for the smallest thing.

Tony Baloney

You may try heels, skirt and low cut top as I reckon they'll throw the book at you.

full back

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 01, 2009, 08:21:06 AM
You may try heels, skirt and low cut top as I reckon they'll throw the book at you.

Exactly what I was going to post  :D

saffron sam2

Having no valid MOT certificate invalidates your insurance also. At the very least six points, possibly a ban also.

You should have waited until you got home to check his text messages.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

The Real Laoislad

It really annoys me seeing people on phones while driving..

Good enough for you that you got caught I say.....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hereiam

Tyrone girl get a date booked as soon as this will mean your insurance is valid, do it online to see what the closet date is you can get from any test center then ring them up and see is there any cancellations going tell the cops it was the colest date you could get and you should be alright.

Norf Tyrone

The MOT is an easy one to foget to be honest. One year, I was taxing my car and gathering everything together, and only then I realised my MOT was out of date by two months. The thing on the windie makes it easier now to remember.
Actually why did not have your MOT disc on the windie?

Also... and I don't mean to be patronising... don't drive your car to the station with your documents. The fact that you've MOT booked doesn't give you the right to drive your car. Only when she's passed the test is she good to go again.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 01, 2009, 09:34:25 AM
The MOT is an easy one to foget to be honest. One year, I was taxing my car and gathering everything together, and only then I realised my MOT was out of date by two months. The thing on the windie makes it easier now to remember.
Actually why did not have your MOT disc on the windie?

Also... and I don't mean to be patronising... don't drive your car to the station with your documents. The fact that you've MOT booked doesn't give you the right to drive your car. Only when she's passed the test is she good to go again.

Good shout Norf. I'd say you might get away with it Tyrone Girl. Just depends really on the mood of the cop you're talking to. If you're upfront and honest and admit your mistake and have put arrangements in place to rectify it, hopefully they'll be willing to give ya the benefit of the doubt.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

illdecide

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 01, 2009, 12:31:23 AM
Cookstowns not too bad. Besides its a date for the mot im after to show i have it booked. If its 3 wks away so be it. Im already being done for talking on the phone, not trying to get out of it. Was simply asking about my chances of claiming not realising my mot was up was a guenune mistake. Hate people getting on their high horse cos i didnt have mot , im hardly the first or last person to be caught at it.

i'm sorry to tell you missie but you'll not get away with that, they will check the date you were stopped and they will clearly see your car was not MOT'd. i think 3pts and prob about £100-£150 fine would be the norm...Oh and pay a few pounds to keep it out of the local paper as your name will be in it and then we'll all know who you are ;)

As Pints says, having no tax is not that bad but MOT & Insurance is important
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

supersarsfields

I could be wrong but I thought you had 14 days from when your MOT expires to get it passed?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: supersarsfields on June 01, 2009, 10:43:51 AM
I could be wrong but I thought you had 14 days from when your MOT expires to get it passed?

You might be right you know.

clarshack

Quote from: rolloutking on June 01, 2009, 03:19:53 AM
I got caught speeding and having no plates up when I was an 'R' driver. Got away with a caution.

I MOT'd my car last week. Got a date within seven days.

Its amazing what some police will turn a blind eye to while others will try and do you for the smallest thing.

10 years ago i got caught doing 45 in a 30mph zone and they let me off. still cant believe it!

A Quinn Martin Production

Do they not send you out a letter about a month before your old MOT cert expires??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 01, 2009, 11:03:00 AM
Do they not send you out a letter about a month before your old MOT cert expires??

Don't think they ever did that?

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 01, 2009, 11:06:04 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 01, 2009, 11:03:00 AM

Don't think they ever did that?

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with the tax?
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties