The Premier League relegation thread.

Started by Ping Pong Santa, April 18, 2009, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hound on May 18, 2009, 03:27:09 PM
If there's nothing in the rules against it, then Ferguson would be mad to play any of his first XI in the game v Hull. The only negative is it might tip off Barca as to what his team will be. Does fair play come into it? Ferguson has played weaker teams during the season before/after CL games, and this team will be at least as good as the Carling Cup winners. What will be very interesting will be if Tevez and/or Berbatov are picked. My gut is that neither will start the CL final, though I don't think there'd be a whole lot to gain by asking Berba to play v Hull.

One things for sure - Berbatov doesn't need to be "rested" anyway!

Maiden1

No one can hold a grudge like Alex Ferguson.  He would love nothing more than to get 1 over on Alan Shearer for snubbing him twice.

I think he might have close to a full team out vs Hull only he might experiment with a few positions.

1. Teves

2.Ronaldo 3. Rooney 4. Scholes 5. Berbatov

6.Van Der Sar

7. Wes Brown     8. John O'Shea

9. Nani    10. Ferdinand  11. Gary Neville   
There are no proofs, only opinions.

longball

United Team for Hull

Foster

Neville                 Brown           Evans           Fabio

Fletcher              Scholes        Giggs

Mecada (kiko)     Tevez      Nani

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: longball on May 18, 2009, 04:38:57 PM
United Team for Hull

Foster

Neville                 Brown           Evans           Fabio

Fletcher              Scholes        Giggs

Mecada (kiko)     Tevez      Nani

Gibson will probably start and Park might be involved but that's probably close enough.

Quote from: Maiden1 on May 18, 2009, 04:05:17 PM
No one can hold a grudge like Alex Ferguson.  He would love nothing more than to get 1 over on Alan Shearer for snubbing him twice.

Yes there's nothing he'd love more.  ::)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

longball

Park will be starting the CL final and dont think they will play him the last game. Think Bench will be Gibson, Tosic, Rafel, OShea, Rooney, Ronaldo, sub keeper

Minder

I would say the fact that Foster has a broken finger and has to get an operation may prevent him from playing on Sunday. . . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AFS

Evans will hardly play either with Rio's injury status still unclear. Is Wes Brown fit to play? Could have that young fella Chester at the back with Rafael, Fabio and Neville. Giggs will have some sort of role in the CL final so he could well be left out too.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

el_cuervo_fc

Ping Pong Santa

Ok, so last day of the season and this is how it looks.

Pl    GD  Pts
16 Sunderland             37  -19   36
17 Hull                        37  -24   35
-------------------------------------------------------
18 Newcastle               37  -18   34
19 Middlesbrough         37   -28   32

Fixtures:

Sunderland v Chelsea
Hull v Man Utd
Aston Villa v Newcastle
West Ham v Middlesbrough

Looks very unlikely for Middlesbrough but would love to see Hull going down and Newcastle but I don't see it. Sunderland have found themselves in a tight position on the final day, if they lose to Chelsea then a Hull and Newcastle win would see them down.

longball

Sunderland will never get a result against Chelsea. I no they have the cup final coming up but Hiddinks last league game, Anelka going for top scorer i think Chelsea 3-0.

I would love Boro to stay up but they have to win 4-0 or somethin like that and other teams to lose now they have only scored something like 24 goals this season so i cant see it happening.

Hull are prob the team i hate the most in the league, something about Phill Brown, plus i always said that they were the worst team that came up. Everyone thought they were class when they beat Arsenal but I still said that they were the worset priemer league side ive ever seen and that they. Now despite this rant, i would gladly have them stay up this year and down next year just to  see Newcastle gettin the drop.

Villa are in brutal form but u have to think that surly they wil want to finish the season on a high! Wonder what odds they would give on Milner to score the winner and put his old club down!

deiseach

Bit torn on this one. On the one hand, it would be hilarious if Newcastle got relegated. On the other hand, that's a guarantee of six points and a goal difference boost of 6-8 goals gone. What a dilemma . . . .

The Real Laoislad

Really hope Newcastle United stay up,looking unlikely though,its been tough for them this year with all the different managers..
Allardyce was a disaster and is the most to blame imo, Kinnear seemed to have steadied the ship until he got the heart problems,Houghton done his best but isn't a No.1 imho and Shearer hasn't had the time really.
I think they will come straight back up again though if they do go down,hope they do anyway.
I hope its Sunderland and Middlesborough that go down
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maiden1

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 22, 2009, 04:53:51 PM
Really hope Newcastle United stay up,looking unlikely though,its been tough for them this year with all the different managers..
Allardyce was a disaster and is the most to blame imo, Kinnear seemed to have steadied the ship until he got the heart problems,Houghton done his best but isn't a No.1 imho and Shearer hasn't had the time really.
I think they will come straight back up again though if they do go down,hope they do anyway.

They where something like 10th when Allardyce left so I think it is unfair to blame him when he had only got the job.  He has kept a worse team up Blackburn and had consistently kept Bolton in the top 10 before that.  Getting rid of Allardyce and replacing him with Keegan, then bringing in Dennis Wise over Keegans head, replacing Keegan with Kinnear, Hughton replacing Kinnear then Shearer replacing Hughton where the next mistakes.  Also spending millions of £ having to pay off Alladyce/Keegan/Wise contracts after they have been sacked and selling possibly there best player (Given) 1/2 way through the season have been huge mistakes.  They couldn't organise a f&*k up in a brothel.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Maiden1 on May 22, 2009, 05:18:12 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 22, 2009, 04:53:51 PM

They where something like 10th when Allardyce left so I think it is unfair to blame him when he had only got the job.  He has kept a worse team up Blackburn and had consistently kept Bolton in the top 10 before that.  Getting rid of Allardyce and replacing him with Keegan, then bringing in Dennis Wise over Keegans head, replacing Keegan with Kinnear, Hughton replacing Kinnear then Shearer replacing Hughton where the next mistakes.  Also spending millions of £ having to pay off Alladyce/Keegan/Wise contracts after they have been sacked and selling possibly there best player (Given) 1/2 way through the season have been huge mistakes.  They couldn't organise a f&*k up in a brothel.

Had totally forgot about Keegan  :-[ :D
Ah well I still hope they stay up,I have a soft spot for them plus I'm a big fan of Shearers not that he can be blamed anyway even if they are relegated
You'll Never Walk Alone.