The Premier League relegation thread.

Started by Ping Pong Santa, April 18, 2009, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

QuoteMiddlesborough fans once voted Bernie Slaven as it's greatest ever player.

So you'd agree that your statement above is wrong (i.e. a load of balls)?

Bernie may well be Boro's best ever buy when you consider the amount of money they have spent on shite players in the last 30 years, but that is a different argument for a different day.

I'd say I was more insulting than patronising but please accept my apologies.

muppet

Quote from: No1 on April 29, 2009, 10:30:13 AM
QuoteMiddlesborough fans once voted Bernie Slaven as it's greatest ever player.

So you'd agree that your statement above is wrong (i.e. a load of balls)?

Bernie may well be Boro's best ever buy when you consider the amount of money they have spent on shite players in the last 30 years, but that is a different argument for a different day.

I'd say I was more insulting than patronising but please accept my apologies.

No, I recall reading it in a time before the internet and the Premiership. I was amazed which is why it stuck in my head. I have found internet forums talking about him as the 'best ever buy' even now that's why I mentioned it.

The other thing I found amazing about him was that when on Ireland trips he phoned his dog. Cascarino tells the story of rooming with him while he was saying 'woof woof woof' into the telephone.

MWWSI 2017

wherefromreferee?

I hope Newcastle and M'boro both get beat tonight!  :P
In your Endo!

Ping Pong Santa

I think tonight is as big a game as there is for the relegation battle.

I think Hull are going down, only a draw tonight will give them hope. A winner tonight will stay up at Hull's expense. I think it will be Boro'.

muppet

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 28, 2009, 01:28:45 PM
Didn't he bare his cheeks in a shop in M'boro a few years ago for a bet?

Yes, he called it smiling.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Hull look fucked and it's a toss up between these two teams.

I don't both teams will lose tonight :) but I'll stick my neck out and say the winner (if there is one) will stay up at Hull's expense. ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Even West Brom have given themselves a chance, particularly if its a draw tonight. Think Newcastle will win tonight and do enough to get out of trouble. Strange how Hull seem doomed and everyone is predicting their relegation yet they aren't even in the relegation zone.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 11, 2009, 04:23:20 PM
Even West Brom have given themselves a chance, particularly if its a draw tonight. Think Newcastle will win tonight and do enough to get out of trouble. Strange how Hull seem doomed and everyone is predicting their relegation yet they aren't even in the relegation zone.

Nor have they ever been! They may well find themselves in the relegation zone for the first time of the whole season on the last day of the season, that would be unfortunate lol.

muppet

Momentum is a difficult think to reverse when you are desperate.
MWWSI 2017

Maiden1

Quote from: muppet on May 11, 2009, 04:54:47 PM

Momentum is a difficult think to reverse when you are desperate.

Hull could easily get something out of the Bolton game and if United have nothing to play for in the last game and want to protect there players for the CL final maybe Sir Alex will give Carlos Teves a run in nets for his last game just to get 1 over on Alan Shearer for snubbing united all those years ago :D
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Ping Pong Santa

Well that win for Newcastle last night was vital. I think they're gonna be safe now. Boro' look fucked, thats a tenner i'll not see again! Although have ten on Hull to go down as well so should break even hopefully.

muppet

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 12, 2009, 12:20:04 PM
Well that win for Newcastle last night was vital. I think they're gonna be safe now. Boro' look fucked, thats a tenner i'll not see again! Although have ten on Hull to go down as well so should break even hopefully.

There'll be a twist or two to this yet.
MWWSI 2017

slow corner back

One win for Hull upsets the whole apple cart, it would put them above sunderland who have been equally clueless in recent games. However Hull need to beat Bolton and the best I can see them getting is a draw, cant see WBA getting anything at anfield so they are down as are boro with Hull the most likely to join them. By the way if Sunderland survive on 36 points it shows just how useless the teams at the bottom have been this season.

AFS

Boro 1-0 up, putting the cat among the pigeons

Minder

Am i right in thinking if Hull lose today and Newcastle win Hull are essentially down?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"