Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Quote from: bannside on March 17, 2015, 08:23:31 PM
Total Bullshit. Nearly every Fermanagh player will credit PTG for taking them on miles even if it didn't result in silverware.  Set the foundations for next man in PMG who is also a serious operator. But for Man Marker to say PTG won't cut it at management level is laughable.  Is he going to put his credentials out there?  LOL.

Sorry bannside but wee Pete was left with a fair few players who walked away after Peter quit. Wee Pete was left a mess to clear up and very few foundations. 
Peter took us from division  4 to division 3 after the shambles of the John O'Neill year where everybody en mass walked away.

Canavan had an excellent set up. Great backroom team.
But his decision making during games wasn't great.

He will probably have learnt a lot from his Fermanagh experience and I would say will be a lot wiser for it.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

North Man

I watched Peter C at the Cavan Gaels v Slaughtneil Ulster Club game in Owenbeg
From being a giant in his playing days he was a small lost boy in this game.
I would have serious reservations if he is going to cut it at management level, his name will only carry so far.

redzone

Yeah that  slaughneil match. Football is easy managed from the stands. Dont agree that he left
a mess behind him and few foundations. Why did so many players think so highly
of him then. The fact that players left after he quit is hardly his fault.james sherry work
commitments, mccabe soccer.id say look at the players
he brought through

FermGael

Peter was the manager that gave Eoin Donnelly his chance.
Played him wing half forward instead of midfield
Name the rest of the players he played and brought though?

redzone

D mccusker,tomas corrigan. BIG UNIT. Eoin donnelly
Clucker, mccabe.the list is endless as half the team walked during oneill time
Fermanagh were in disaray before he came and hes deserves credit for wat he done.

NDA

No Fermanagh supporter I know would let Canavan back near a Fermanagh team again if he did the job for nothing. I think that says it all. Tyrone U21s should beat Fermanagh out the gate.

FermGael

Corrigan and mcccusker played under o Neill in London.
I was there unfortunately.

As I said Canavan brought Eoin Donnelly in.

Big unit is  a reference to Seamie I think who played under O Rourke and Clucker and McCabe both played for numerous Fermanagh managers before Peter.
Sean Quigley probably got his debut under Canavan but he was always going to be called in as he was just out of minor in Canavans first year

No doubt Fermanagh were in disarray when he took over.
We were at the bottom of the barrel.

redzone

Yeah thats the supporters. The players thought othetwise. Sure if the tyrone supporters had there way harte a 3 time all ireland winner would be gone. What did paudie o shea say about supportets

redzone

All im sayin fermgael is if tyrone player couldnt play his best football for canavan there would be somrthing wrong with him. Hes a walking legend down here. Good luck in the year ahead. Tipping yous to get to the ulster final

North Man

Redzone
There is a big ? mark over Peter C becoming a top class manager
Hopefull he will

NDA

Yes huge questions marks over Canavan's coaching and tactical awareness. Very negative boring gameplan and poor decisions during games. Players were treated really well but performances on pitch were poor. Pete McGrath has unexpectedly for many really improved Fermanagh and is getting great credit.

FermGael

Quote from: redzone on March 17, 2015, 10:24:50 PM
All im sayin fermgael is if tyrone player couldnt play his best football for canavan there would be somrthing wrong with him. Hes a walking legend down here. Good luck in the year ahead. Tipping yous to get to the ulster final

I would agree with that about Canavan.  He should inspire your players.

As for an Ulster final place, I will take a first round win over Antrim.
That's the priority.

redzone

Yeah agree hes a not a top manager and mightn be. Time will tell. Any team he has went to has improved from him being there thats for sure.Fermgael you better not boo him tomorrow night, he only took about 120g of yous over 2yrs   >:(

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

youhavenofans

My stab at the Tyrone un21 team tonight, know most of the lads really well and from what people are saying i also think ciaran mclaughin and meyler will both start, also i wouldnt be surprised if dan mc nulty also starts at full forward. Big question over the team is midfield and where to play rory breenan and cathal mc shane. I think paudie hamspey is a cert for full back as logan and dooher really like him, which i cant blame them, so where do you play rory breenan? from last year he struggled at full back against cavan so id say either half back or at midfield. Cathal Mc Shane is another, i dont think he best position is midfield but with the lack of quality at midfield i think they will play him here, ideally id play him at wing half forward instead of matty walsh

1. Sean Fox (Killyclogher)
2. Ruiari Mullan (Cookstown)
3. Paudie Hamspey (Coalisland)
4. Ciaran Mclaughlin (Omagh)
5. Michael Cassidy (Arboe)
6. Rory Breenan (Trillick)
7. Kieran Mc Geary (Promeroy)
8. Cathal Mc Shane (Owen Roes)
9. Frank Burns (Promeroy)
10. Mathew Walsh (Dungannon)
11. Mark Kavanagh (Errigal)
12. Conor Meyler (Omagh)