Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

QuoteBREAK: Judge says father Tom Evans sought to bring private prosecution yesterday against 3 doctors with the charge of conspiracy to murder #AlfieEvans

His Christan Legal Centre lawyers would want to take a long hard look at themselves.

Minder

Heard on the radio there was a protest outside Belfast City Hall today in support of the parents
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on April 25, 2018, 04:18:14 PM
Heard on the radio there was a protest outside Belfast City Hall today in support of the parents

FFS!!

Seen a mouse getting attacked by 3 cats the other day! cue the protesters looking justice!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Puckoon

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 25, 2018, 01:23:13 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 25, 2018, 11:24:34 AM
Only 35 years ago...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/eileen-flynn-teacher-sacked-in-1982-dies-1.937690

I remember it like it was yesterday ... appalling.

First time reading about that, incredible. To think that in today's world many on here and elsewhere will find themselves on the wrong side of history in their beliefs on current affairs decades from now.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Puckoon on April 25, 2018, 04:47:13 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on April 25, 2018, 01:23:13 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 25, 2018, 11:24:34 AM
Only 35 years ago...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/eileen-flynn-teacher-sacked-in-1982-dies-1.937690

I remember it like it was yesterday ... appalling.

First time reading about that, incredible. To think that in today's world many on here and elsewhere will find themselves on the wrong side of history in their beliefs on current affairs decades from now.

trailer

Quote from: The Iceman on April 24, 2018, 07:31:24 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 24, 2018, 06:42:12 PM
I find it very sad that you think your rights trump those of the child.

Tell me what you know about this Italian hospital - the treatment they propose to offer, how they plan to give Alfie a "fighting" chance etc Or are you just reacting to some rubbish you've seen online.
how are the parents going against the rights of the child? Does the child not have a right to life? Should the childs oxygen be removed, water be removed? Should he be given sedation to starve and die?
Doctors associations up and down the UK and the rest of the world are standing with the parents.

What do you know thats different from the rest of us? Why should the child die? Would you pull the plug?
If we can't protect the vulnerable then who are we as a society?

The parents weren't doing this for the child. If they were they wouldn't have been dragging it through the courts.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on April 25, 2018, 04:12:56 PM
QuoteBREAK: Judge says father Tom Evans sought to bring private prosecution yesterday against 3 doctors with the charge of conspiracy to murder #AlfieEvans

His Christan Legal Centre lawyers would want to take a long hard look at themselves.
Where is all the money coming from? If you or I were to take all these court actions we'd be in a deep financial hole.

Dougal Maguire

While not trying to defend this in any way, I heard today the victim was no saint. She used to be part if the gang and allegedly dished out something similar to another girl recently
Careful now

Minder

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 25, 2018, 08:50:26 PM
While not trying to defend this in any way, I heard today the victim was no saint. She used to be part if the gang and allegedly dished out something similar to another girl recently

Yeah its mentioned in the previous page I think, the ubiquitous Go Fund me page has been pulled

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

brokencrossbar1

Lots of stuff going on in all the girls lives in this attack. The attack was brutal but when you read the back story it allows a bit of perspective. Rape, sexual abuse, living in care from very young ages, drugs and alcohol dependency....doesn't make it right but does provide some level of context

gallsman

For anyone who isn't an absolute spanner, the secret barrister's Twitter feed this evening very clearly let's put the disgraceful nature of the legal arguements brought on behalf of Alfie's parents.

Minder

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on April 25, 2018, 09:11:42 PM
For anyone who isn't an absolute spanner, the secret barrister's Twitter feed this evening very clearly let's put the disgraceful nature of the legal arguements brought on behalf of Alfie's parents.
what does that mean in english? Teachers in Rathmore shaking their heads lad...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: The Iceman on April 25, 2018, 09:40:20 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 25, 2018, 09:11:42 PM
what does that mean in english? Teachers in Rathmore shaking their heads lad...

That may be gibberish but the actual thread of tweets is brilliant. People should read it.