County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Rossfan and Syf, the dream ticket awaits!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 12, 2015, 05:43:18 PM
Rossfan and Syf, the dream ticket awaits!

;D ;D
I wouldn't have the patience to handle Syfín.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2015, 05:26:06 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 12, 2015, 05:14:09 PM
Evans not seeking the nomination to return to the sheep stealers in 2016.

He was to go before the delegates for rubber-stamping tonight. This really reeks. I'm genuinely shocked.

Thanks to John Evans - not perfect but he did a lot of good things for us these past three years. Deserved better.

You poor soft gomeen
It's all about what your team does in Summer and what we did this Summer wasn't good enough and couldn't be hidden by any amount of League success.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: Rossfan on August 12, 2015, 06:29:44 PM

He was to go before the delegates for rubber-stamping tonight. This really reeks. I'm genuinely shocked.

Thanks to John Evans - not perfect but he did a lot of good things for us these past three years. Deserved better.

You poor soft gomeen
It's all about what your team does in Summer and what we did this Summer wasn't good enough and couldn't be hidden by any amount of League success.

If roscommon hadn't lost to fermanagh but ended up being beaten by Dublin in a similar result as fermanagh, would that have been enough??

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 12, 2015, 09:06:55 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 12, 2015, 06:29:44 PM

You poor soft gomeen

If roscommon hadn't lost to fermanagh but ended up being beaten by Dublin in a similar result as fermanagh, would that have been enough??

Without a doubt. No one would have been brave enough to stage a coup against Evans then.

ck

Quote from: Rossfan on August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM
Donegal - Current man most likely staying
Derry -vacant
Antrim - does anyone know or care?
Down- McCorry reappointed
Armagh - Hmmm??
Monaghan - Will Malachy stay?
Cavan - Hyland reappointed
Fermanagh - I expect Pete will be a shoo in
Tyrone - Still in Championship

Sligo - Carew re appointed I believe
Leitrim - Shane Ward resppointed I believe
Ros - Evans recommended for another year by Executive. Co Board Meeting tomorrow night. Various rumours of revolutions etc ..... but I expect it will go through
Mayowestros -still in Championship
Galway - Walsh most likely to be reappointed
London - Paul Coggins again I presume

Clare -vacant?
Limerick- vacant?
Tipp - Vacant
Waterford - vacant?
Cork -Vacant
Kerry - still in Championship

Louth - ??
Meath - Dowd for 2 more years
Westmeath - Cribbin for another year?
Longford - Vacant
Laois -Vacant
Offaly - Flanagan for another year?
Carlow -??
Wexford - ?
Wicklow- ??
Dublin - still in Championship
Kildare - Probably will be a vacancy when dust settles

Niall Carew has been confirmed in Sligo. There was talk that Kildare were after him but he has stuck with Sligo

Bingo

I see Banty is linking himself with the Derry job. Any thoughts Derry folk?

screenexile

Quote from: Bingo on August 20, 2015, 01:36:19 PM
I see Banty is linking himself with the Derry job. Any thoughts Derry folk?

Hard to know. In some ways he's the brash no nonsense character we need to get everyone pulling together. He'll be able to get the funding needed and he's cute enough to get all the players he needs/wants to play for the County. Also he's a strong enough character to lay down the law to the County Board when it's needed as well. Along with that he seems to be a players man a bit like Coleman maybe.

Managerially though does he have it at the top level in terms of preparation/tactics etc?? I just don't know.

A lot depends on who he can get to come along with him. Will it still be McElkennon? I'd rather see someone else come in I think. My own preference for the Derry job was Tony McEntee. I'd love to see him pull McEntee in along with him if it were possible.

SamFever

From Gaelic Life Twitter;;;;
GAELIC Life understands that Jim McCorry is to consider his position as manager of the Down senior football team.

The county executive met with the Mourne boss this week, and McCorry had hoped that a number of his doubts would be allayed. It seems, however, that issues still remain in place.

It is believed that McCorry requested the meeting four weeks ago, and the delay in scheduling it has not helped the siutation.

He is now likely to discuss the matter with his management team and advisors. It is understood that the Down players are very keen on him to remain in charge.

Despite a disappointing championship campaign, including a qualifier defeat to Wexford, McCorry appeared to be on solid ground due to it being his first year in charge, and also, due to the fact that he guided the team into division one.

That belief, however, fell apart when the county management recommended that he be removed from his post last month on a 7-6 score after they held a vote.

In the subsequent county board meeting, the clubs and board voted 23-13 in his favour. The seven who voted against him in the management committee then cast another seven votes against him to bring it to an overall 22-20 figure, ensuring he was retained as manager.

As for now, McCorry remains in charge and he was present at a number of club championship matches in recent weeks as he tries to spot new talent. Dan Gordon and Martin Clarke are expected to return to the county scene for the 2016 season.

Related Posts:

Red eye

Quote from: SamFever on August 20, 2015, 02:18:29 PM
From Gaelic Life Twitter;;;;
GAELIC Life understands that Jim McCorry is to consider his position as manager of the Down senior football team.

The county executive met with the Mourne boss this week, and McCorry had hoped that a number of his doubts would be allayed. It seems, however, that issues still remain in place.

It is believed that McCorry requested the meeting four weeks ago, and the delay in scheduling it has not helped the siutation.

He is now likely to discuss the matter with his management team and advisors. It is understood that the Down players are very keen on him to remain in charge.

Despite a disappointing championship campaign, including a qualifier defeat to Wexford, McCorry appeared to be on solid ground due to it being his first year in charge, and also, due to the fact that he guided the team into division one.

That belief, however, fell apart when the county management recommended that he be removed from his post last month on a 7-6 score after they held a vote.

In the subsequent county board meeting, the clubs and board voted 23-13 in his favour. The seven who voted against him in the management committee then cast another seven votes against him to bring it to an overall 22-20 figure, ensuring he was retained as manager.

As for now, McCorry remains in charge and he was present at a number of club championship matches in recent weeks as he tries to spot new talent. Dan Gordon and Martin Clarke are expected to return to the county scene for the 2016 season.

Related Posts:

Saw that - know his comments after qualifier defeat didn't endear him among the Down support, and am still unsure. Claiming promotion to Div 1 was unexpected but they'll be under pressure to stay there, even with Dan and Marty back on board.
Am sure supporters are looking at Fermanagh and thinking there's a Down manager with a good record and yet he's in Fermanagh. Dunno what the County Board have against Pete but Down's loss looks like Fermanagh's gain.
If Sean Ward continues with the good work at Burren might be an option in another year or two but he would need to carry on with good work being done at present.
Can't see Armagh not reappointing Geezer.
What's the craic in Derry - Baker not considered? Barton? Or are they def looking outside the county - think last non Derry manager was Mullins?

SHEEDY

jim mccorry has quit as down manager tonight after 1 year in charge.
nil satis nisi optimum

5 Sams

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 20, 2015, 07:58:01 PM

For the day that's in it "Surprise Surprise!"
The Aristocrat Years

Orior

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 20, 2015, 07:58:01 PM

So the County Board got their way after all. Worst case scenario for me is that Down appoint Tony McEntee
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rawhide

Red eye, the last outside man Derry had was Brian Mc Ivor, from Ardboe and Tyrone.
cccc is a true supporter lol