Paddy Heaney of the irish news!

Started by culchy1, December 07, 2006, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

I think theres a very real chance this is a satirical piece as someone else suggested - its certainly a joke of an article of some kind...

Galloglys grab around the waist would have been a yellow under any standard of modern refereeing, being as it was, desperate and cynical. Heaney however, lumps every other forwards tackle into this cynical category. To make the point that the number of frees and yellow cards made the game much more open is silly - So would not allowing tackling at all, but it wouldnt help the game.

The fact is that when he started dishng out frees and yellow cards with gay abandon, everyone realised there was a real chance they could get sent off for absolutley nothing, which might have tempered the tackling a bit, but is hardly to the benefit of anyone.

And to say sundays game was a cracking contest is beyond a joke. Armagh, hindered by a straight red which should only have been yellow, were abysmal. Monaghan still look distinctly average.

Hardy

QuoteIn the 19th minute, the reliable Martin Carney praised the teams for their "positive application which was making a very enjoyable match".

At this point I let out a strange, involuntary sound that sounded like a suck calf with the whooping cough and I half fell out of the chair. Luckily, the butler was on hand to interpret my speechless gasping and hand-waving at the screen and he quickly clicked on one of the world cup threads for me.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: haranguerer on June 10, 2010, 03:48:43 PM
Monaghan still look distinctly average.

And Armagh looked the real deal after beating a very average one dimensional Derry team?!

nrico2006

I see he was mentioning Henry Shefflin the James Stephens player in yesterdays paper.  You don't know what to expect from the Irish News these days, sure the front page of today's edition had Eoin Bradley 'Ulster's top forward' in it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

skeog

great to see the royal bradley family on the front page heard Hello magazine have the picture rights

andoireabu

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 25, 2010, 07:45:22 PM
I see he was mentioning Henry Shefflin the James Stephens player in yesterdays paper.  You don't know what to expect from the Irish News these days, sure the front page of today's edition had Eoin Bradley 'Ulster's top forward' in it.
who is ulsters top forward?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: andoireabu on September 26, 2010, 03:12:07 AM

There are several that would be well ahead of Ego Bradley in the pecking order.

Such as:

Sean Cavanagh
Brian McGuigan
Stephen O'Neill
Benny Coulter
Martin Clarke
Danny Hughes
Mark Poland

To name just a few from just 2 counties. I expect a counter argument based solely on individual points scored, rather than an argument based on their overall  contribution to the team.
i usse an speelchekor

theLoup

sean cavanagh is a better midfielder

mcguigan, o'neill, coulter are past there best so wise up

poland and hughes are good but bradley is a different class

id say between e.bradley and m.clarke for ulsters top forward

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: theLoup on September 26, 2010, 12:31:16 PM
mcguigan, o'neill, coulter are past there best so wise up

But still twice the player as the ego.

poland and hughes are good but bradley is a different class

Different class? At what? Disappearing in big games?

id say between e.bradley and m.clarke for ulsters top forward

I'd say your not far from being sent to the asylum!  :D
i usse an speelchekor

nrico2006

Quote from: andoireabu on September 26, 2010, 03:12:07 AM

Not Eoin Bradley anyway.  Michael Murphy would be streets ahead of him too.  What exactly has Eoin Bradley achieved in his County career to date?  What has he scored?  He isn't exactly a young buck just on the scene, he is closer to 30 than 20. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Dear lord is that really what we're going to debate? He is one of the top forwards in Ulster no doubt. Definitely not the best and to claim he is well that's just wrong.

Will Hunting

Maybe he thinks he'll annoy the uber-precious Tyrone fans.
You've proven him correct.

supersarsfields

It's not just Tyrone ones who disagree. Maybe it's the Derry ones being slightly precious.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Will Hunting on September 27, 2010, 08:45:56 PM
Maybe he thinks he'll annoy the uber-precious Tyrone fans.

I hope to god your not insinuating I am in any way affiliated, from or supportive of Tyrone!  :D
i usse an speelchekor

Banana Man

did anyone see heaney's against the breeze column in the IN today? I laughed my balls off. Very funny.

I'm sure you read this PH so well done, was laughing out for good 5 minutes  :D