Paddy Heaney of the irish news!

Started by culchy1, December 07, 2006, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Bogue is having a go at Poor Paddy (not directly!!!! ;D ;D) in his peice in todays Belfast Telegraph!!

DuffleKing

What was mark McHugh's off the cuff remark that he had to apologise for?

Hashtag

whats Paddy Heaney's email address?

glens abu

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 05, 2012, 11:06:18 AM

Asked about his Da tipping everyone who Donegal play would he now tip Donegal in final,he said he didn't think his Da would tip Donegal even if they were playing Antrim

ck

I have to say, I heard McHugh Jnr on Sport at 7 there last week and he is one arrogant little sod. A chip off the old block

J70

A little naive on McHugh's part, naming a county like that. You can't be honest like that in a press interview.

glens abu

Quote from: J70 on September 05, 2012, 04:44:41 PM
A little naive on McHugh's part, naming a county like that. You can't be honest like that in a press interview.

Think it shows his arrogance rather than his naivety

bloodybreakball

aye to be honest, it looks bad on him. i think it shows arrogance too, reminded me of kevin cassidy talking in a interview a few years ago about how donegal hadnt underestimated antrim before th e09 game but then went onto reveal that the gameplan was to go out play man to man and they would be better than their opposite number. therefore completely contradicting himself, antrim pulled men back and made it difficult for them.

anyway thats not the reason why im on here, could anybody put a copy of heaneys article frim yesterday please!

J70

Quote from: glens abu on September 05, 2012, 05:09:56 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 05, 2012, 04:44:41 PM

Think it shows his arrogance rather than his naivety

Are you telling us that players from the likes of Tyrone wouldn't think the same thing with respect to Antrim (or Cavan or Fermanagh etc.)?

Arrogance, realism, honesty.... whatever.... Lots of players would think the same. McHugh's mistake is saying so publicly.

bloodybreakball

its a lack of respect especially when antrim beat donegal so recently and have performed fairly competenly in the recent past.
if i was to walk around and say your ma is an ugly brute it would be a complete lack of respect, regardless of whether it was true or not!!!!!!!!!!!

J70

Disrespect, arrogance, whatever you call it, his mistake still was his giving voice to it, not his having that opinion.

And 2009 is irrelevant. Everyone here would back Donegal to beat Antrim every time as things stand right now.  It may be harsh, but its true. In a few years, the shoe may be on the other foot.

saffron sam2

Says much more about his father. Utterly incapable of performing the role that he is receiving TV license payers' money for. If he is not capable of a semblance of impartiality, then he shouldn't be anywhere near our screens.

On the other hand, unlike his vastly overrated son, he is old enough to remember 2009.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Slu23kGEw48
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

J70

I could've sworn the whole issue was about McHugh Sr tipping AGAINST Donegal!

Or are you complaining that he's biased against his own county?

moysider

Quote from: glens abu on September 05, 2012, 11:27:51 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 05, 2012, 11:06:18 AM

Asked about his Da tipping everyone who Donegal play would he now tip Donegal in final,he said he didn't think his Da would tip Donegal even if they were playing Antrim Mayo

That s more like it.

It ll be interesting to see how he spins this one next few weeks. I ve always had time for Martin McHugh - any body that saw him play, and the size of him has to. But he s always regarded Mayo - sometimes even trying his best to be positive - as something yuccky stuck to the sole of his shoe. But hey, that is no different than the other pundits or the garden journalists about. I ll type more later but Mayo have a bit of a chance in this match.

BennyCake

Interesting piece today from Paddy.

14 Dublin men in their own defence. I suppose the strong winds in clones blew them all up to one end.