Paddy Heaney of the irish news!

Started by culchy1, December 07, 2006, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Banana Man on November 16, 2010, 01:21:28 PM
did anyone see heaney's against the breeze column in the IN today? I laughed my balls off. Very funny.

I'm sure you read this PH so well done, was laughing out for good 5 minutes  :D

Can someone post the article?

Paddy, where you at, get it up (the article that is)
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

nrico2006

I see Heaney has Crossmaglen as winning their 4th All Ireland in 2004, how do simple factual errors not be picked up?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

hsthompson

Would anyone be able to post Paddy's column from yesterday about changing the National Anthem? Missed the paper but I'd like to read the article. Thanks

screenexile

Fair play to Paddy Heaney scooping the North's "Sports Journalist of the Year" Award!!

rrhf

Fair play to Paddy Heaney,  I always thought he was  another altar ego of O Neill...  Is that Malachy Clerkin not a northern man - fierce writer too. Another cracking article last Saturday about Saipan.   

Hardy

Quote from: screenexile on May 14, 2012, 04:16:00 PM
Fair play to Paddy Heaney scooping the North's "Sports Journalist of the Year" Award!!

In fairness, though it's a bit like being chosen as the DUP member people would most like to go on the tear with. 

Minder

The same awards ceremony awarded the Belfast Telegraph newspaper of the year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Bit of a nonsense article by Paddy today. He seems to think Twitter is about following GAA players and reading their daily banal thoughts on breakfast. He claims that's why he's not on Twitter.

It's a brilliant tool for instant information on what's going on in the world. I don't follow any GAA inter-county players nor celebs (don't think so). But it'll be my first port of call if I need a result or latest score and it's a strange stance for a hack not to use that resource.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on July 10, 2012, 11:18:39 AM
Bit of a nonsense article by Paddy today. He seems to think Twitter is about following GAA players and reading their daily banal thoughts on breakfast. He claims that's why he's not on Twitter.

It's a brilliant tool for instant information on what's going on in the world. I don't follow any GAA inter-county players nor celebs (don't think so). But it'll be my first port of call if I need a result or latest score and it's a strange stance for a hack not to use that resource.
another brilliant article by Paddy which i have been able to access via a medium since it is not online.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

theticklemister

I like Paddy's articles on Tuesdays.today's was another good un.

sheamy

Quote from: ONeill on July 10, 2012, 11:18:39 AM

Agree 100%. Methinks he's too used to hiding behind an editor so he's not called to book for some of the misinformed shite he writes. The bottom line is that you choose who you follow on twitter. If there's banality coming down the road, you can always steer clear with the big 'unfollow' button.   

ONeill

The article made no sense. If you want to write shite on twitter, it's your prerogative. If you want to follow shite, it's your prerogative. No one is forced to write it and no one is forced to read it. I'll never feel the need to see what Clerkin and Kernan are writing but if others do, so what? It doesn't affect their playing capabilities or our perception of them as footballers or hurlers. If anything it helps to quash any possibility of hero-worshipping as the youngsters can see they're no different to them. The argument he uses (or Roche) is that they should get out and meet their fans instead of tweeting. What the hell does that mean or matter? Heaney claims he's not on twitter (we don't believe you) because of the mind-numbing posts. That's a serious ignorance of what it can be used for. His researcher needs a-sacking.

ck

I love the way people who aren't on Twitter give out about it with such passion..maybe they want to be on it and they have nothing interesting to say and that's why they hate it?

sheamy

I wonder does he not watch tv either? sorry awful crap on that too...

ONeill

I think some journos are hacked off that the players often ignore the traditional route of going through the papers to give updates on injury news or future plans etc. and instead tweet it themselves.