Super 8s

Started by theticklemister, February 19, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 24, 2017, 08:20:19 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 23, 2017, 11:53:11 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 23, 2017, 09:34:58 AM
This year wouldn't have been the worst year for it. You'd have had a group for example of Tyrone Dublin Mayo and Galway. That surely would lead to some great games. Dublin would have headed potentially to castkebar for a championship game which would be great. As a Tyrone fan a trip to Galway would be nice and a big home game to Mayo would be some occasion. The worry would be the last round of games could have teams playing for nothing.

Dublin play a Championship game in Castlebar - Are you on drugs! Do you still believe in Santa?

If that's the way the draw works out then yes they would. I'd be very confident it would happen. Now if they were to play a team with a smaller ground than Castlebar it could get moved. For example if they played Tyrone the game could well be moved from Omagh which holds 18000 to the new casement which will hold 34000. No idea why you think it would get moved to croke park or think the other counties would let it happen.

Why do Leinster Counties let Dublin play early rounds in Croker ------ MONEY! If Mayo were to play Dublin there is no way the game would be in McHale Park. Corporate Boxes, Ground capacity, You name it. This is the real world. for god sake Mayo and Kerry had to play a replay in Limerick in case an unplayed Dublin game ended in a draw!

Money, Money, Money.

BennyCake

Kerry Mayo was in Limerick because of that American Football bollix.

Esmarelda

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 24, 2017, 09:38:30 AM
This year wouldn't have been the worst year for it. You'd have had a group for example of Tyrone Dublin Mayo and Galway. That surely would lead to some great games. Dublin would have headed potentially to castkebar for a championship game which would be great. As a Tyrone fan a trip to Galway would be nice and a big home game to Mayo would be some occasion. The worry would be the last round of games could have teams playing for nothing.

Dublin play a Championship game in Castlebar - Are you on drugs! Do you still believe in Santa?

If that's the way the draw works out then yes they would. I'd be very confident it would happen. Now if they were to play a team with a smaller ground than Castlebar it could get moved. For example if they played Tyrone the game could well be moved from Omagh which holds 18000 to the new casement which will hold 34000. No idea why you think it would get moved to croke park or think the other counties would let it happen.

Why do Leinster Counties let Dublin play early rounds in Croker ------ MONEY! If Mayo were to play Dublin there is no way the game would be in McHale Park. Corporate Boxes, Ground capacity, You name it. This is the real world. for god sake Mayo and Kerry had to play a replay in Limerick in case an unplayed Dublin game ended in a draw!

Money, Money, Money.
You really have backed that horse and flogged it to death.

I hope for your sake that the games are in Croker. :)

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2017, 10:02:43 AM
How did that go?

The american football, I mean

rosnarun

Every one wants to change the structures but I don't think I have ever seen 2 identical plans
most people whole idea on structure seems to be based around the fact that Longford or leitrim have to be involved ion the business end no matter how poor they are
the only way to do that is have multiple competitions like the hurley boys
any  one want that? I didn't think so
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Esmarelda

Quote from: rosnarun on July 24, 2017, 10:31:47 AM
Every one wants to change the structures but I don't think I have ever seen 2 identical plans
most people whole idea on structure seems to be based around the fact that Longford or leitrim have to be involved ion the business end no matter how poor they are
the only way to do that is have multiple competitions like the hurley boys
any  one want that? I didn't think so
Exactly, and the clubs in these counties are delighted they'll be out earlier next year so they can get their championships run off in the summer months.

Impossible to keep everyone happy and that's before considering that you needed 67% agreement to pass anything.

Redhand Santa

Money, Money, Money.

Dublin have played outside croke park in the championship the last two years. They play their league games away from home like everyone else. There is no doubt they will play one the three games outside croke park.

Syferus

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 24, 2017, 10:36:08 AM

Money, Money, Money.

Dublin have played outside croke park in the championship the last two years. They play their league games away from home like everyone else. There is no doubt they will play one the three games outside croke park.

By the fĂșcking definition of this insane system it should be two.

Redhand Santa

Colm O'Rourke wrote an article saying it hasn't been a good championship and he based it on the fact that there is only one team in division 3 or 4 in the last 12. What is the obsession with wanting poor teams to out perform better teams? It doesn't happen in any other sport. Armagh are the only division 3 team left on merit. Tipperary easily could have been there too. The championship is set up nicely with a lot of good teams left.

AZOffaly

Lads who want to change the format can't be seen saying it's a good championship, otherwise why would you change it? I just don't listen to those lads anymore. I think it's been a very good championship so far. Fluctuations in quality, sure. A few hammerings, sure. But in general some close, competitive, exciting games. That's what we want most of all.

Rossfan

Complaining that the bottom 16 teams don't get to the closing stages of the CHAMPIONSHIP. :o
What do they want - a handicap system?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 24, 2017, 10:05:18 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2017, 10:02:43 AM
How did that go?

The american football, I mean

Penn state scored a field goal with the last kick to defeat university of Florida if I recall correctly.

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2017, 10:57:12 AM
Complaining that the bottom 16 teams don't get to the closing stages of the CHAMPIONSHIP. :o

Exactly. If they want to make the final stages of the championship they should work harder. If Clare/Tipperary can come on leaps and bounds in football then there's no excuse.

Syferus

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2017, 11:14:23 AM

Exactly. If they want to make the final stages of the championship they should work harder. If Clare/Tipperary can come on leaps and bounds in football then there's no excuse.

Go to Leitrim and spout your elitism, please.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2017, 11:39:04 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2017, 11:14:23 AM

I can just imagine the research and analysis O'Rourke would do if asked to cover a Junior Championship match between Leitrim and Wicklow.

Go to Leitrim and spout your elitism, please.