Co. Board/Garvaghey/Harte etc (A thread for Thebigdog & southtyronegael)

Started by Snapchap, November 28, 2017, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

I didn't realise jokes weren't allowed here.

longballin

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 29, 2017, 05:44:12 PM

Oh! it was a joke... didn't realise. Some people actually do have that attitude... soz

square_ball

I thought it was funny to be fair. Lighten up longballin ffs we don't have to be offended at everything.

And agree with your point clubs should refuse to pay above what they've paid in previous years.

southtyronegael

4 pages on this thread already! and the other football forum has gone eerily quiet.

longballin

Quote from: square_ball on November 29, 2017, 06:42:33 PM

I thought it was funny to be fair. Lighten up longballin ffs we don't have to be offended at everything.

And agree with your point clubs should refuse to pay above what they've paid in previous years.

Ok I'm cool, I just see how poorly the female players are treated and Tyrone claim to lead the way appointing a female chairperson...

square_ball

Oh absolutely you're 100% right. It should be an all for one and one for all in my view. If you play for Tyrone you should be treated the same whether it's football, camogie, hurling or ladies football.

longballin

Quote from: square_ball on November 29, 2017, 11:00:51 PM
Oh absolutely you're 100% right. It should be an all for one and one for all in my view. If you play for Tyrone you should be treated the same whether it's football, camogie, hurling or ladies football.

ok fair enough

redhandefender

I think tyrone people need to make a decision. Do you want a decent showing at intercounty level or not. Simple.

Whats been done and whats in place is far from perfect. Granted this is a handful of people on this but some of the crap being leveled is ridiculous.

These people making the decisions are ellected of course they wont be perfect.

I do plenty for my club, thats the gaa but i also want to see the county do well. I loved getting a chance to play up there.

southtyronegael

To be honest I think clubs and county are totally dependant on each other. One wont survive without the other. Young lads get an interest in football by watchin the county stars on tv or at games but its the clubs who nuture these youngsters and bring them through. And if they are then good enough to play county then great. I don't see how we cant make both work in harmony.

Thebigdog

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 30, 2017, 09:31:11 AM
To be honest I think clubs and county are totally dependant on each other. One wont survive without the other. Young lads get an interest in football by watchin the county stars on tv or at games but its the clubs who nuture these youngsters and bring them through. And if they are then good enough to play county then great. I don't see how we cant make both work in harmony.
isn't this great we have a thread dedicated to us stg! Looks like we're ruffling a few feathers and hopefully more Gaels are wising up to the state of the football Tyrone are putting out. No doubt Mickey will tell us we should keep our simple little minds out of it because he's the only one who knows anything about football in Tyrone some day soon in the Irish news!

Thebigdog

As regards finances in the county maybe the county board should look more money off clubs for this can deter them from putting their money towards these self serving mercenary managers from outside(so much for amateur ethos). It also galls me that the Tyrone manager who has and also his relatives have feathered their nests nicely since 2002 between walking into cushy teaching jobs and media work. Really does make for unpleasant reading when you consider the money situation in Tyrone.

Club boi

Quote from: Thebigdog on December 02, 2017, 08:04:00 PM
As regards finances in the county maybe the county board should look more money off clubs for this can deter them from putting their money towards these self serving mercenary managers from outside(so much for amateur ethos). It also galls me that the Tyrone manager who has and also his relatives have feathered their nests nicely since 2002 between walking into cushy teaching jobs and media work. Really does make for unpleasant reading when you consider the money situation in Tyrone.

Not just Outside mercenaries!! Has M.H worked a 9-5 since 2003 when he took the reigns??

Thebigdog

Quote from: Club boi on December 02, 2017, 09:53:05 PM

Not just Outside mercenaries!! Has M.H worked a 9-5 since 2003 when he took the reigns??
The Tyrone management job is only a vehicle used by Harte to further him and those around him. Managing the senior football team is secondary. The rest of the county can sink in shite!

Jim Bob

Cushy teaching jobs?  Nothing cushy about teaching theses days,
and.......
You think boards of governors appointed Harte's relatives to schools based solely on the fact they were related to him?

longballin

Quote from: Club boi on December 02, 2017, 09:53:05 PM

reins