Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Started by G@@, March 03, 2020, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

If that's true Batman, that would just about say everything. A Dublin club with more resources available to them.

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 02, 2020, 01:26:19 PM
Are you serious??? Not a first at all. Would make me wonder if you ever attended any yourself.

On your other point- Simple logic my friend.
I assume your point was that I couldn't comment on the role of a CB delegate if I hadn't ever been one?
Well I assume this extends to commentating on other areas?
Such as
The needs of an IC hurling set up
The merits of prospective coaches
The ability of CB officials
Etc etc.

Or does it only apply to commenting on CB delegates & monthly meetings?

Is anyone stopping you from commenting on other topics

I'm not

I've spoken on all those topics also

I'll even give another one to discuss,

The current capacity of OMP is still,I think is  22,000,there was a couple of million euros  spent on it to get it up to 26,000 which would allow it to get slightly larger games,generate more money for both laois and businesses.

Back in 2018 Everything completed and all it needed to be done was the final walkthrough before it was signed off and the capacity increased.

A formality but a box that had to be ticked nonetheless

Various stakeholders present,but it was raining and the Chairman said there was no point in getting out of his car and they could come back and do it another day.

How did people hear about it ?

When it was brought up at a meeting 7/8 months later as to why we weren't getting games and being sent to the likes of kilkenny etc

The chair told that story himself

Laugh away lads but the laughs on us all

Blow-in

Can't beat some fake news on a Thursday morning. You've gone 360 now with your stories.

clonadmad

Quote from: Batman!!! on December 03, 2020, 09:21:55 AM
Can't beat some fake news on a Thursday morning. You've gone 360 now with your stories.

How is it fake news when it was said at a county board meeting?.

Any of ye wanted to make a stab as to the excuse as to why championship games aren't played outside of OMP

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on December 03, 2020, 09:02:19 AM
Is anyone stopping you from commenting on other topics

I'm not

I've spoken on all those topics also

Christ talk about missing the point. At least others seemed to get it.

Anyways, Cuala would be any interesting move for Brennan, but I don't think Corcoran would be allowed join him there?
I'd have expected them to stick together.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

High Fielder

Quote from: clonadmad on December 03, 2020, 09:28:53 AM
Quote from: Batman!!! on December 03, 2020, 09:21:55 AM

How is it fake news when it was said at a county board meeting?.

Any of ye wanted to make a stab as to the excuse as to why championship games aren't played outside of OMP

Not enough parking for all the hangers on? They don't have the right tea bags? Endless possibilities.

Blow-in

Eddie likes the cash. As I said earlier he's the new Cuala coach

High Fielder

Maybe he fancies the Dublin job at some point, because it remains one of the only puzzles yet to be solved. And then long term, the obvious one.

If Eddie was getting a ball of cash off Laois, then that just shows you the mentality of our CB. Here, you're a big name with All Ireland medals, maybe you can make us better. And if you can't, well look, we got the best man we could. It's so feeble trying to discredit Eddie Brennan with the CV he has in the game. That's so Laois. It just underlines what I thought all along. For his own sake, he was better off walking.

Good to see the Laois bitterness is alive and well. Eddie loves the cash. Look how much money Eddie was spending. I didn't hear any of this before that interview broke.

Keyser Söze

Stunned re Cheddar.
Absolutely stunned.
They say you shouldn't go back. Hopefully not the case here.
You'd expect he had a strong bargaining position, and you can be sure he drove a good deal (in terms of resources available etc).

Hopefully it's true.
All wrapped up quickly.

High Fielder

I doubt he would know how to turn it down in fairness. What a man. Hopefully all the players step up now.

burdizzo

Yes, Keyser, all a bit too quickly?
I'm surprised, as well. I remember lads in here calling for him to go before. Seemingly the players like it, though, so... At least he'll be there for the right reasons. Best of luck to him.

on the hop

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 04, 2020, 07:36:02 AM
Stunned re Cheddar.
Absolutely stunned.
They say you shouldn't go back. Hopefully not the case here.
You'd expect he had a strong bargaining position, and you can be sure he drove a good deal (in terms of resources available etc).

Hopefully it's true.
All wrapped up quickly.

More important is who is actually with him

Ogie

Is it true Niall Corcoran staying on with him?

Blow-in

An election stunt by the current chairman I would be thinking.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Ogie on December 04, 2020, 08:10:19 AM
Is it true Niall Corcoran staying on with him?

There was talk that himself & Tommy were keen to stay on. There'd be a very strong relationship there between Tommy & Cheddar. I'm fairly certain that Corcoran can't join him at Cuala in any case.

Hard to see Cheddar being a patsy for the current Chairman or anyone else. If anything his hand is strengthened from the last time given how the last few weeks have gone.

You can be guaranteed one thing (and it's not a dig at anyone), there will be one less person paid next year.