Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: punt kick on July 18, 2017, 10:40:53 AM
It is a great draw for Armagh, win or lose it will show where they are, another match against Down would have showed nothing, no point in getting to a quarter to be tanked by Tyrone or Dublin.

Correct!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Il Bomber Destro

As I predicted it looks like Feely will have his ban overturned. He can appeal any of his three black cards this year and knowing the GAA appeals process, it's hard not to see him succeed.

Low and Hard

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 18, 2017, 12:12:36 AM
I think Armagh have every chance in this.

A lot has been said about Kildare so far but they have proven very little, Armagh have a talented bunch of players coming through now and as maligned as McGeeney has been he is clearly a manager who players are very loyal and committed to. Armagh remind a little bit of 2014. I think they have got real quality in that forward line, McParland was very sharp at the weekend, Murnin is a serious ball winner and reminds me a little bit of Enda Muldoon. Clarke and Grugan are two very classy players and if you add in the likes of Campbell, O'Neill, Rafferty etc off the bench then you can have good options there.

I'd worry a little for them defensively but I think they're heading in the right direction.

Is there any hope Dyas will play some football this year?

Please don't compare Murnin to Enda Muldoon again.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Low and Hard on July 18, 2017, 02:58:39 PM

A lot has been said about Kildare so far but they have proven very little, Armagh have a talented bunch of players coming through now and as maligned as McGeeney has been he is clearly a manager who players are very loyal and committed to. Armagh remind a little bit of 2014. I think they have got real quality in that forward line, McParland was very sharp at the weekend, Murnin is a serious ball winner and reminds me a little bit of Enda Muldoon. Clarke and Grugan are two very classy players and if you add in the likes of Campbell, O'Neill, Rafferty etc off the bench then you can have good options there.

I'd worry a little for them defensively but I think they're heading in the right direction.

Murnin reminds me of Enda Muldoon.

Low and Hard

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 18, 2017, 03:21:12 PM
Quote from: Low and Hard on July 18, 2017, 02:58:39 PM

Murnin reminds me of Enda Muldoon.

Enda this conversation.

Orior

Dyas was a great player, but plagued with injury. Sadly I cannot see him getting back into the current team.

TheGreatest

Should be a couple of red cards in this one with Armagh playing.

tonto1888

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 18, 2017, 04:27:51 PM

None in the last game. None v Fermanagh. Not sure what this post is about to be honest

Orior

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 18, 2017, 04:58:19 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on July 18, 2017, 04:27:51 PM

None in the last game. None v Fermanagh. Not sure what this post is about to be honest

Well I suppose we had a run of red cards in the league. We've tightened all that up for our run in the championship.

seafoid

It's great to see Jamie Clarke enjoying his football again and scoring regularly. He got an awful lot of abuse not so long ago from arseholes who call themselves fans. Cough cough
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mcklatchee

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 18, 2017, 01:55:08 PM
As I predicted it looks like Feely will have his ban overturned. He can appeal any of his three black cards this year and knowing the GAA appeals process, it's hard not to see him succeed.

Why is it likely that he will get the ban overturned?

He clearly stepped into the space of ongoing player. Classic black card. The degree of contact is relevant only to how good he is to taking out a runner. It's not relevant as to whether taking a player out is a black card
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mcklatchee on July 18, 2017, 06:54:19 PM

He clearly stepped into the space of ongoing player. Classic black card. The degree of contact is relevant only to how good he is to taking out a runner. It's not relevant as to whether taking a player out is a black card

Seemingly the Cork one is the one they expect to be rescinded.
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

Does no one from Armagh consider that this Kildare team are being overpraised for their performance against the Dubs?
How about the Dubs are not that good yet? ;)
I mean they struggled badly against Carlow and only really began to get the upper hand when Carlow's best player got sent off early in the 2nd half.
Armagh went down to Tipp and showed real mettle, came from behind to beat a highly motivated organised team who had just easily beaten Cavan in Breffini the week before. This Kildare team are the new white hype after just one game.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: mcklatchee on July 18, 2017, 06:54:19 PM

It's the GAA, bans rarely stick no matter how appropriate they are. Throw in the fact there are 3 cards they can appeal, it will be overturned, deserved or not deserved.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.