Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maco

I have heard, 3rd party, that 4 players have been dropped. Obviously I don't want to name names just yet in case it is not true.

Mikhailov

Quote from: maco on January 27, 2015, 11:57:52 AM
I have heard, 3rd party, that 4 players have been dropped. Obviously I don't want to name names just yet in case it is not true.

Maco, come on now... a lot of stuff on this board is rumour so don't use that as an excuse. If you have heard names then let us know, it is not like MH is gonna come and get you if you are wrong...

maco

Joe Mc Mahon
Mark Donnelly
Kyle Coney
Dermot Carlin

There ye have it. That's the names I have heard. I'm away into hiding....just in case MH comes calling!!

supersarsfields

Heard the same but don't know if it's true. Has a Chinese whispers feel to it.

Tyrone Gaa

Dermy Carlin looks a cert to go.  Joe needs a bit of extra training to get in shape, wouldn't discount him just yet.  Maybe its the kick up the ass Kyle Coney needs to give him a year out.  As for Mark Donnelly I think theres worse.
Living the dream!!!

smort

I would lay low for a while Skeog, the grammar police are coming for you.

oakleaflad

Joe Mc Mahon
Mark Donnelly
Kyle Coney
Dermot Carlin
Plunkett Kane

All gone from Tyrone squad for National League.

BennyHarp

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 27, 2015, 02:52:13 PM
Joe Mc Mahon
Mark Donnelly
Kyle Coney
Dermot Carlin
Plunkett Kane

All gone from Tyrone squad for National League.

What would we do without the Derry lads to bring us the news?
That was never a square ball!!

TF15

Think Joe is doing a PGCE atm which could be taking up a lot of his time currently, added to his age it is perhaps not surprising. Dermy has struggled with injuries so I guess thats the reasoning behind his omission. Both these men I would have on the panel for their experience and attitude. Donnelly and Kane I think fall into the category of good players but aren't going to start and they're probably not going to kick on further so maybe its better to have younger guys on the fringe of the squad who are hungrier to develop and push on at this point in their careers. The biggest one here is Coney, but he just has dissapointed time and again. Maybe the year out will be good for him and give him a push to kick on as it seems to have improved Niall McKenna as a player. Some of the lads who were excellent underage players maybe need to feel the shock that its not a given that they're going to be in the Senior set up and if you're not playing well you're not going to be carried.

My team for NFL opener would be.(Think Harte and Tierney may both be out - Concussion and Ankle but not 100% on that.)  1)Morgan 2)McCrory 3)McNamee 4)McCarron 5)McNabb 6)Donnelly 7)TMcCann 8)C.Cav 9)McNulty 10)PJLavery 11)McCurry 12)McShane 13)McAliskey 14)SeanCav 15) McKenna/RON (McKenna deserves it on last week but RON is a special talent but don't know where to play him that he will do damage at intercounty).

Think an Ulster title would be a great achievement this year. Think we're quite a bit away from AI contention, but I'd love to be surprised over the summer.

Bonkers09

Difficult to predict the team for this weekend. Did Harte come off with a concussion on Saturday? Probably rules him out of this weekend.  I'd go for
1. Morgan
2. McCrory
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. McNabb
6. Donnelly
7. McCann
8. Cavanagh (Colm)
9. McNulty
10. Lavery
11. O'Neill
12. Hughes
13. McCurry
14. Cavanagh (S.)
15. McKenna (N.)

Scoring Zone

Quote from: TF15 on January 27, 2015, 04:04:31 PM
Think Joe is doing a PGCE atm which could be taking up a lot of his time currently, added to his age it is perhaps not surprising. Dermy has struggled with injuries so I guess thats the reasoning behind his omission. Both these men I would have on the panel for their experience and attitude. Donnelly and Kane I think fall into the category of good players but aren't going to start and they're probably not going to kick on further so maybe its better to have younger guys on the fringe of the squad who are hungrier to develop and push on at this point in their careers. The biggest one here is Coney, but he just has dissapointed time and again. Maybe the year out will be good for him and give him a push to kick on as it seems to have improved Niall McKenna as a player. Some of the lads who were excellent underage players maybe need to feel the shock that its not a given that they're going to be in the Senior set up and if you're not playing well you're not going to be carried.

My team for NFL opener would be.(Think Harte and Tierney may both be out - Concussion and Ankle but not 100% on that.)  1)Morgan 2)McCrory 3)McNamee 4)McCarron 5)McNabb 6)Donnelly 7)TMcCann 8)C.Cav 9)McNulty 10)PJLavery 11)McCurry 12)McShane 13)McAliskey 14)SeanCav 15) McKenna/RON (McKenna deserves it on last week but RON is a special talent but don't know where to play him that he will do damage at intercounty).

Think an Ulster title would be a great achievement this year. Think we're quite a bit away from AI contention, but I'd love to be surprised over the summer.

I have yet to see RON be this special, very good club player but at county v average. For someone his size to compete in intercounty he needs to be either blisteringly quick and powerful like penrose, Darran o'sullivan, McBearty etc. and he just doesn't look to have either and to top it off seems to be bit of a mouth-piece from what I seen on that club run, McCurry is the the county premier forward at the minute, so hopefully stays fit for the season for the team to have any sort of run

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Bonkers09 on January 27, 2015, 05:39:34 PM
Difficult to predict the team for this weekend. Did Harte come off with a concussion on Saturday? Probably rules him out of this weekend.  I'd go for
1. Morgan
2. McCrory
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. McNabb
6. Donnelly
7. McCann
8. Cavanagh (Colm)
9. McNulty
10. Lavery
11. O'Neill
12. Hughes
13. McCurry
14. Cavanagh (S.)
15. McKenna (N.)

Hopefully Harte will be fit and if so will get a starting spot somewhere. Justy has played very well in the McKenna cup and worth a place. All the players in the half forward line are good footballers but would like to see a bit more presence there. Ronan oneill to me looks like a corner forward or nothing. Hasn't the running ability for 11.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 27, 2015, 01:01:25 PM
Dermy Carlin looks a cert to go.  Joe needs a bit of extra training to get in shape, wouldn't discount him just yet.  Maybe its the kick up the ass Kyle Coney needs to give him a year out.  As for Mark Donnelly I think theres worse.

Kyle Coney's senior career has been so stop and start that I think a year out would be the end rather than a kick up the ass. Have to say I am disappointed that he has been cut from the panel, such a talented minor and has on occasion shown glimpses at senior level. I would have loved to have seem him get a proper run of games in the forward line to see what he could do. Fair enough if he failed to kick on then let him go. Injuries have been an issue but I think the lack of that series of starts has also hindered him.

Raymie Mulgrew had a similar experience and we are now in danger of failing to find a place in the senior team for the outstanding individual talent of the 2008 minor team just as we did with Mulgrew from the 2004 team. I'm not suggesting at all that management is entirely to blame and of course great minors don't always become great seniors but Tyrone can ill afford to miss out on talents like these.

I would like to think Joe will be back before the season is out. Not too bothered about the others, good players and in the case of Carlin and Donnelly very good servants but I think we're better off giving the chance to younger players.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on January 28, 2015, 01:18:19 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 27, 2015, 01:01:25 PM

Kyle Coney's senior career has been so stop and start that I think a year out would be the end rather than a kick up the ass. Have to say I am disappointed that he has been cut from the panel, such a talented minor and has on occasion shown glimpses at senior level. I would have loved to have seem him get a proper run of games in the forward line to see what he could do. Fair enough if he failed to kick on then let him go. Injuries have been an issue but I think the lack of that series of starts has also hindered him.

Raymie Mulgrew had a similar experience and we are now in danger of failing to find a place in the senior team for the outstanding individual talent of the 2008 minor team just as we did with Mulgrew from the 2004 team. I'm not suggesting at all that management is entirely to blame and of course great minors don't always become great seniors but Tyrone can ill afford to miss out on talents like these.

I would like to think Joe will be back before the season is out. Not too bothered about the others, good players and in the case of Carlin and Donnelly very good servants but I think we're better off giving the chance to younger players.

Very good point - I feel sorry for Coney and a few others who never seem to get a run of games that are afforded to other players. The likes of Coney, McAliskey, Niall McKenna, Rony O'Neill should be told you have 3 or 4 games whereby you will start, not be taken off unless injured and let us see what you can do - after that then we can make a fair judgement. It is difficult enough to hold a place on the Tyrone team without the fear that you will be first man off or you are looking towards MH all game to see if anyone is coming on...

Give these lads a fair crack at the whip and then they can have no complaints...

tyroneman

Cutting Coney is a very poor decision imho. He was playing well with a run of games in the league a few years ago and scored 8 from play in Cork last year lets not forget. Previous poster is spot on. These players need a solid run knowing they won't get hooked and benched for the slightest mistake.