Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

By the way where in hells blazes are SF, unless they are in bed with Leo and Coveney and have agreed to keep their heads down??

trailer

Quote from: rrhf on December 11, 2018, 07:22:36 PM
By the way where in hells blazes are SF, unless they are in bed with Leo and Coveney and have agreed to keep their heads down??

Mary Lou was mouthing off in the Dail today. Leo put her in her place. It's a time for diplomacy not for SF trying to jam a Unification vote into the proceedings.

mouview

Tories about to knife Tessie? 48 letters in apparently.

red hander

Quote from: rrhf on December 11, 2018, 07:22:36 PM

Why would they get involved... the Brits and the DUP are tearing their 'precious Union' apart in front of our very eyes ... don't disturb your enemy when they're f**king it up

gallsman

Tory leadership contest triggered. Ireland trip potentially off. "Clusterfuck" doesn't come close to describing all of this.

imtommygunn

Jesus imagine boris got leadership :o

LeoMc

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 11, 2018, 06:31:20 PM
Well, that would have been a good result from the deal the DUP (and their East Belfast representative Gavin Robinson) turned down.

Was May hinting at a NI only referendum on the backstop yesterday, perhaps a shot across the DUP bows.

"People live their lives crossing and re-crossing (the border) every day..... If this House cares about preserving our Union , it must listen to these people  - because our Union will only endure with their consent"

screenexile

I don't think they have the votes to oust her . . . if they do the chaos will be worse than it is now!!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: screenexile on December 12, 2018, 08:52:57 AM
I don't think they have the votes to oust her . . . if they do the chaos will be worse than it is now!!!

They might not have the votes but if they get 120-130 then her position becomes nearly untenable.  The reality is if there is a leadership contest then we are scarily looking at a No Deal and a hard border.  Will be the end of January before there's a new PM in and that gives you 8 weeks to get the deal done before the 29th March.  Really difficult to see that happening

trailer

So just to be clear this is a confidence vote in the leadership of the Conservative party. It is not a Leadership election.... yet.

She very may win it. Leaving her immune from another challenge until next year. I think she'll agree to go after Brexit, it won't be enough, she can't carry the DUP, Gov falls GE. Then who knows.

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 23, 2018, 01:54:19 PM
Listened to Radio Ulster for a few minutes this morning and there was a business man (Stephen Chestnutt ?) who rang in who supported "No Deal".  He was asked, as a businessman, why he supported a No Deal.

His answer was:
"Because the DUP are telling me to.  As our only elected representatives I trust them to tell me the truth.  They will have our best interests at heart".

I honestly couldn't believe it.  I think in excel that would be known as a "circular reference".

that is quite unbelievable, couldn't be that stupid, where has he been living rhi etc etc etc

Hereiam

He has 3 boilers installed  ;D ;D ;D

mouview

Quote from: mouview on December 11, 2018, 10:39:48 PM

Err..when I said 'knife' I kinda meant using one of them plastic knives that they give you at a takeaway, the sort that shatter whenever you hit a tougher bit of chicken or cod. Looks as if the Tory 'hard right' are going to get a good routing in this. PPs has Tessie at 2/7 to survive.

macdanger2

Quote from: mouview on December 12, 2018, 10:57:41 AM
Quote from: mouview on December 11, 2018, 10:39:48 PM

Err..when I said 'knife' I kinda meant using one of them plastic knives that they give you at a takeaway, the sort that shatter whenever you hit a tougher bit of chicken or cod. Looks as if the Tory 'hard right' are going to get a good routing in this. PPs has Tessie at 2/7 to survive.

Have been keeping an eye on the odds, started at 1/4,  lengthened to 1/2, then 2/7, 1/8 and back to 1/3 now.

She has 100+ MPs out in support so I'd have thought she's as good as home

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hereiam on December 12, 2018, 09:39:31 AM
He has 3 boilers installed  ;D ;D ;D

About to say that ;D At least lol.