Holidaying in Ballymahon

Started by Shamrock Shore, April 01, 2015, 08:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Anybody booked to go this place??

Heading tomorrow looking forward to it. Longford eh? Who'd have thunk it??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on July 14, 2019, 11:58:55 PM
Anybody booked to go this place??

Heading tomorrow looking forward to it. Longford eh? Who'd have thunk it??
Fella in work lives opposite it and they got given a tour. Says it looks class but as it's on his doorstep he'll be holidaying elsewhere.

Tony Baloney

Screen, what was the verdict?

screenexile

Sorry forgot to post.

It was first class the accommodation was finished to the last. The swimming pool is absolutely class the kids had a great time (Adults too).

We did probably 6-7 activities with the kids and they were all brilliant and well run the staff were all nice and helpful.

The only negative we found was when we went to the sports bar for dinner they were massively understaffed and couldn't cope with the crowd. We were there for like a soft opening so we were told there would be some teething issues which they'd hoped to work out before opening properly on Monday.

I'd recommend it but as I said we were there for a soft opening so had all kinds of discounts for things and the accommodation for free it is quite expensive especially in the summer time but again you get what you pay for and I can't see anyone being disappointed!

I'd give it a 9/10.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on July 26, 2019, 12:27:47 PM
Sorry forgot to post.

It was first class the accommodation was finished to the last. The swimming pool is absolutely class the kids had a great time (Adults too).

We did probably 6-7 activities with the kids and they were all brilliant and well run the staff were all nice and helpful.

The only negative we found was when we went to the sports bar for dinner they were massively understaffed and couldn't cope with the crowd. We were there for like a soft opening so we were told there would be some teething issues which they'd hoped to work out before opening properly on Monday.

I'd recommend it but as I said we were there for a soft opening so had all kinds of discounts for things and the accommodation for free it is quite expensive especially in the summer time but again you get what you pay for and I can't see anyone being disappointed!

I'd give it a 9/10.
Got it for nothing and still moaning  ;)