Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Quote from: hurlingstick on November 14, 2014, 10:22:39 AM
Lol some people on here are very easily offended.
Just would not do to offend the self righteous individuals here Hurling Stick/btdtgtt, tut, tut, tut, shame on you!  Do you not know they believe they are untouchable, infallible and profess to know everybody and everything?  Quick to point fingers in the wrong direction and to castigate others with different opinions. Well, some of us at least have integrity, solid reputations and sound principles and preserve the concept of freedom of expression and speech.  They should run as candidates for the self denial Shinners and the like, they appear to have all the right (yet improper and spurious credentials).  Dont do as we do, do as we say (Aye sure thing).

Off to the Gravediggers to watch the match, good that it is in Paradise. (Up the Celts) or maybe that is not permitted here, possibly cause offence to all the man U supporters?  And we cannot cause offence Hurling Stick - btdtgtt, can we?

Hurler24

Best Antrim Team:

DD Quinn
Graffin,Matthew Donnelly,Woody
Kevin Molloy,Neal McAuley,Simon McCrory
Neil McManus,Shorty
Eddie McCloskey,Chris McGuinnes, James Black
P.J. O'Connell, Conor McCann, Ciaran Clarke

Panel:
Odrahan McFadden, Tony McCloskey, Eoin Campbell, Jackson McGreevy, Ciaran Johnston, Niall McKenna, James McCauig, Chrissy O'Connell, Michael Armstrong, Barry McFall, Stephen McAfee, Dan McKernan, Paddy Burke, Ryan McCambridge, Michael Bradley, Eoin McAloanan, Tomas McCann, Darren Hamill, Stephen Shannon, Conor Carson

Milltown Row2

Black would need to fill out a bit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

getevennotcross

So, any of you great Antrim people going to Ravenhill (sorry, correction - Kingspan Stadium) tonight, in support of the great Anto Finnegan?

I'll be there, me da and grandson in tow.  Dinner booked at Errigle Inn at 16.30, in case you may wish to drop in and 'out' me, as they say, see you then?

Just wish Antrim had many more people like Anto,  brave, decent, reliable, honourable, non self-serving, modest, unassuming and loyal.  Fine qualities in anyones book.  Good luck to you Anto.

btdtgtt

Can anyone shed any light on the situation with the county minor management?

Gizzy15

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 17, 2014, 06:30:04 PM

Usually decided pretty late. And will be whoever throws their hat in the ring along with a promise not to ask for any hurls and buy their own sliotars.  :)

But seriously, there is very rarely ever a strategic approach to "get their man" for county minor teams. Tends to be an after thought. I would hope this could change very quickly as there is the potential in the next few years of a couple of very good minor teams coming through and I would love to see them given the resources to really challenge.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Gizzy15 on November 17, 2014, 10:52:19 PM

Usually decided pretty late. And will be whoever throws their hat in the ring along with a promise not to ask for any hurls and buy their own sliotars.  :)

But seriously, there is very rarely ever a strategic approach to "get their man" for county minor teams. Tends to be an after thought. I would hope this could change very quickly as there is the potential in the next few years of a couple of very good minor teams coming through and I would love to see them given the resources to really challenge.

Had heard a few rumours about the current management and whether or not they were following through. Nothing more.

Last Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 17, 2014, 11:37:34 PM

Had heard a few rumours about the current management and whether or not they were following through. Nothing more.
So who would be on the wish list?  Last seasons appointments were virewed quite positively at the outset but the commitment from many of the squad was still poor.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Last Man on November 18, 2014, 06:51:54 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 17, 2014, 11:37:34 PM

So who would be on the wish list?  Last seasons appointments were virewed quite positively at the outset but the commitment from many of the squad was still poor.

Only a suggestion, but maybe someone who has had success at underage levels or school level hurling, won't name any names but a few antrim schools have done well in last 10 years and a few clubs have also churned out well drilled minor teams. As I say only a suggestion

btdtgtt

So is Humpy not taking the minors again in the coming year?

clootfromthe21

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 18, 2014, 09:14:25 AM

Would be a shame not to have the management sorted out quickly (and supported properly). Saw that the Antrim Schools team (which, presumably, contains the bulk of next year's minors) had a big win over North Dublin Schools last week in the Leinster A schools competition. While promising in itself, would be terrible waste if structures not in place to take advantage of the good work.

Last Man

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on November 18, 2014, 09:49:01 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 18, 2014, 09:14:25 AM

Would be a shame not to have the management sorted out quickly (and supported properly). Saw that the Antrim Schools team (which, presumably, contains the bulk of next year's minors) had a big win over North Dublin Schools last week in the Leinster A schools competition. While promising in itself, would be terrible waste if structures not in place to take advantage of the good work.
I'm sure the schools project is part of the plan but its hard to see where the budget will come from to run it on a par with other counties. If some players and clubs see it run on a shoestring then they wont give it the commitment needed. Early days yet though.

getevennotcross

Some of you Cyber Bullies/Keyboard warriors should put your names forward for the CB.  Some of you would have us believe you have the Panacea to solve all our problems?

Dont think so, a more spineless, gutless, tactless, two faced, self serving, insidious and insignificant bunch, I have ever had the misfortune to listen to.  Unlike me, an amiable, open, tactful, brave, honest, trustworthy and reliable individual, I just do not know why I listen to such vitriolic diatribe.  Absolutely nothing to offer to anyone.  So, so sad.

On that note, I am taking my leave of my own volition. Such negativity and apathy, you boys should get out more.  If not the Rock, Bee Hive, Biddy Duffys, the Gravediggers or O'Donnells are more salubrious alternatives.  The Errigle Inn on a Saturday at 16.30 is not bad either for a steak dinner.  (I was there, were you??)

Seamroga in exile

I'd like to wish young Seaghan Shannon a full and Speedy recovery from an horrific injury.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Apparently so

Aye, heard the game was abandoned. What sort of injury was it?

I wish the young lad all the best