Accommodation Dublin All Ireland Football Final Weekend

Started by maddog, May 20, 2008, 03:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

No this isn't a statement of overconfidence, I'm going to AIF no matter who's in it. Checking out accommodation and its pricey enough. Anyone got any recommendations, looking for city centre, as long as its half decent and clean. Feckin Gresham are comedians looking 700yoyos for 2 nights. ::)

AZOffaly

Jury's Inn on Parnell Street. Should be less that 100 per room per night. Handy for city centre and for Croker too.

Hardy

Hotels.com to get a list and then tripadvisor.com (user reviews) to sort the fleapits from the rest.

Cassidy's on Parnell Square is OK and not expensive.

(Edit - BTW, in my experience, the rate you'll get from hotels.com will be better than you'll get by contacting the hotel directly).

brokencrossbar1

Try the City West, Tony has the direct line to the bookings!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: maddog on May 20, 2008, 03:50:55 PM
No this isn't a statement of overconfidence, I'm going to AIF no matter who's in it. Checking out accommodation and its pricey enough. Anyone got any recommendations, looking for city centre, as long as its half decent and clean. Feckin Gresham are comedians looking 700yoyos for 2 nights. ::)

I know your looking for city centre,but if you stay somewhere like The Clarion in Lucan it's only 7k(20mins) from city centre,Bus right outside the hotel and would be far cheaper than a city centre hotel,Plus if ya have the woman and she wants to shop Liffey Valley is only a short walk from The Clarion
You'll Never Walk Alone.

maddog

Quote from: Hardy on May 20, 2008, 04:00:57 PM
Hotels.com to get a list and then tripadvisor.com (user reviews) to sort the fleapits from the rest.

Cassidy's on Parnell Square is OK and not expensive.

(Edit - BTW, in my experience, the rate you'll get from hotels.com will be better than you'll get by contacting the hotel directly).

I see what you mean, Cassidys want 480 euro for 2 nights.

Hardy

!!!  I'm booked for €105 per night in a few weeks time via hotels.com

behind the wire

clarion liffey valley is a nice spot. nice modern hotel, easy access to the city and great shopping centre at liffey valley complex.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

maddog

Out of town isn't really ideal as need to be handyish to the airport.
Went with the Best Western Academy Plaza Hotel which is supposedly just off O'Connell Street 290euro for 2 nights. Was surprised that a good few hotels are already full for the Sunday, the animals must just block book all round them year on year.

Bensars

Clarion Airport Hotel 99 euro for room per night .

armaghniac

QuoteWas surprised that a good few hotels are already full for the Sunday, the animals must just block book all round them year on year.

If you were an animal sure you might as well. Especially as there are lots of deals where you can cancel up to the week before and get your money back.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Donagh