2007 National League Final  Donegal beat Mayo
2008 All Ireland Minor Final  Tyrone beat Mayo
2009 All Ireland Minor Final  Armagh beat Mayo
2010 National League Final  Cork beat Mayo

RealSpiritof98

I blame Hellmans, they should never went down the Mayo light road

REDCOL

Thanks for showing some of our recent results Feckitt:

Senior Ulster Titles : 1890, 1902, 1950, 1953, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1999, 2000  All Irelands in this period - 0

Minor Ulster Titles : 1930, 1949, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1957, 1961, 1968, 1992, 1994. All Irelands in this period - 1

Ulster U21 : 1 tiltle pre 2000

National League Titles pre 2000: 0

Lies, Damn Lies & Statistics - Armagh are a successful county

Logan

Where was the 2006 U21 final played?

REDCOL

mannix

we know about the losses, can you enlighten us as to why this is the way Mayo play their finals?

Logan

Quote from: mannix on April 26, 2010, 07:26:29 PM

we know about the losses, can you enlighten us as to why this is the way Mayo play their finals?

1. Failure to perform in Croke Park?*
2. 'Choke' in games where silverware is at stake?
3. Standard of Football in Connacht hasn't been as good as Ulster or Munster?**

* Would all except the U21 final have been played in Croke Park - exception the League win?

** Before Mayo/Connacht people jump my back again - looking at the results it's approx 50-50 loss to Ulster/Munster teams in Championship finals - so this means that certainly before the back door the chances were that Mayo beat a Leinster team, but failed at a Munster/Ulster team? Or perhaps in the games leading to the finals (after the backdoor was introduced) those years were easier runs to the final?

muppet

Quote from: Logan on April 26, 2010, 07:36:21 PM
Quote from: mannix on April 26, 2010, 07:26:29 PM

1. Failure to perform in Croke Park?*
2. 'Choke' in games where silverware is at stake?
3. Standard of Football in Connacht hasn't been as good as Ulster or Munster?**

* Would all except the U21 final have been played in Croke Park - exception the League win?

** Before Mayo/Connacht people jump my back again - looking at the results it's approx 50-50 loss to Ulster/Munster teams in Championship finals - so this means that certainly before the back door the chances were that Mayo beat a Leinster team, but failed at a Munster/Ulster team? Or perhaps the finals those years were easier runs to the final?

Did you know that there was Gaa before 1991?
Did you notice some of those losses were in back to back years so therefore impossible to avoid 2 of 3 provinces?
Do you actually think about stuff?
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Kenneth Mortimer lost  11 all ireland finals in a row. how many did DB lose before Ballina won that club final ?

It's unfair to blame it on Connacht football. The Mayo syndrome is very special.  One day it will all be washed away ...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ross matt

At least they made the finals listed. In doing so they had to beat alot of good teams along the way. For some of the finals they simply were'nt good enough to win them. Yesterday was an example as was the '04 & '06 AI finals. There's no shame in that. Obviously AI's '96 (drawn & replay) were the ones that got away. In '97 they played badly against a poor Kerry side. The point is they over achieved in some cases by reaching these finals in the first place.

But if you turned the stats in the first post on their head it shows them to be a county that's mad about football and have the persistence and focus to keep bouncing back. Eventually those attributes will pay off and they'll win an AI when they've the players capable of doing so. Advancing the "final hoodoo" theory will only mean it will become a self fulfilling prophesy. I think that's what O'Mahony was trying to get across in his post match interview yesterday.

Farrandeelin

And we'll f**king celebrate like mad whenever it happens.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: seafoid on April 26, 2010, 07:43:51 PM
Kenneth Mortimer lost  11 all ireland finals in a row. how many did DB lose before Ballina won that club final ?

It's unfair to blame it on Connacht football. The Mayo syndrome is very special.  One day it will all be washed away ...

When you're close to tears remember
Some day it'll all be over
One day we're gonna get so high
And though it's darker than December
What's ahead is a different colour
One day we're gonna get so high

copyright -  lighthouse family
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mannix

A
I DUNNO, ITS SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF OVERACHIEVING.  OK, SO EVEN IF YOU SAY ITS ONLY THE LEAGUE, MAYO WON 6 OUT OF 7 PRIOR TO YESTERDAY , WOULD THAT BE OVERACHIEVING?
I AM NOT GOING TO SAY ANYMORE ABOUT IT BUT ITS HARD FOLLOWING A JEKYLL AND HYDE.

rosnarun

overachieving my hole . mayo have dined at the top table foe the last 15 years at this point the accusation has to be underachievement
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ross4life

Quote from: mannix on April 26, 2010, 09:51:09 PM
A
I DUNNO, ITS SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF OVERACHIEVING.  OK, SO EVEN IF YOU SAY ITS ONLY THE LEAGUE, MAYO WON 6 OUT OF 7 PRIOR TO YESTERDAY , WOULD THAT BE OVERACHIEVING?
I AM NOT GOING TO SAY ANYMORE ABOUT IT BUT ITS HARD FOLLOWING A JEKYLL AND HYDE.

Caps lock or are you are you shouting?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open