Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

your right but my opinion of the place is right, i preferred it years ago when good bands played and you went for a pint.

unfortunately all bars have girls more interested in what ya earn. thon girls are pricks and thats the world we live in now. glad i don't have to look for it now

Square Ball

Holy feck, TB  were u in the big front bar in the Errigle!!!!! the pretentious crowd frequent Toms bar while the commoners use the public, and the elderly use gods waiting room, theres a few boys gonna kick my nuts in now  :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

maldini

does anyone know the punches landed stats from the haye-valuev fight?

valuev should hav won

theskull1

Strange boxing decisions / Simon Cowell decisions

Is there any difference in their reasoning?
Are you surprised?

Am I too cynical?  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: Sandino on November 07, 2009, 02:48:57 PM
I too was very disapointed with the ref in the Rogan fight. Sexton did take a lot of Rogans punches on his arms but he spent most of the first five rounds just holding Rogan, I think the ref was very slow to issue the warning. Sexton is like Rogan a very limited fighter, but I have great respect for the courage showed by Rogan last night. I feel if Sexton had not been allowed to get away with so much holding Rogans bravery may have got him a result early on. Just ran out of steam but brave as heck!

Poor enough fight and Big Rogey, a bit like someone taking up hurling late in life, always showed a bit of awkwardness in his movement and punching technique which is probably ironed out in the formative years.
He did get a few on Sexton in the fifth which caused Sexton a bit of a knee wobble but spent a fierce amount of energy trying to put him down. You could see that he was a busted flush on his way back to the corner. Sexton was able to recover and dominated the sixth round but only the big heart in Rogey kept him going. No disgrace IMO.

Did anyone see the very brief unfurling of a 'Norn Iron Fleg' with C'mon Rogey on it before the fight started? Thought it was funny myself.

As for strange boxing decisions, some of the undercard fights that night went the way of the local lads, 'sweet pea' won his alright, but the last fight before Rogeys was a bit ropey to say the least as i thought the English lad landed the more punches.

DirtyDozen12

Big fight in Vesgas saturday night.  Does anyone know why Pacman is such heavy favourite  ??? ???  I honestly cant see him beating Cotto, i think he will be too big, too strong and a lot smarter than Ricky hatton was.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

randomtask

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 10, 2009, 10:55:17 PM
Big fight in Vesgas saturday night.  Does anyone know why Pacman is such heavy favourite  ??? ???  I honestly cant see him beating Cotto, i think he will be too big, too strong and a lot smarter than Ricky hatton was.

whats the odds, he is heavy odds because before the last two or three fights he was in he was the underdog and the bookies lost big money on him

CiKe

Well I've always thought Cotto would be too big for Manny and was convinced he would be able to walk him down, but starting to have my doubts. Cotto dealt brilliantly with Mosely fast hands but after watching that fight again it occurred to me that whilst Mosely's hands are lightning fast, he wasn't on his toes in anyway near the same way Manny will be. He will use his skills and be in and out, though should be noted Cotto is a fairly precise and accurate puncher so will need to be careful when lunging in. Cotto took Mosely's best shots and those of Margarito and still kept going and a horrific cut didn't stop him last time out, so I don't think Manny can afford to get dragged into a war.

For me then there are two likely outcomes, Pac-Man on points or a Cotto KO. Most of my small amount of money laid down is on a second half Cotto KO, but given increasing nerves to hedge I've stuck down a small bit on Manny to stop him between 10-12.

DirtyDozen12

What time is the actual fight at tonight between Pacman and Cotto?  I know coverage starts at 0200hrs but i assume the fight wont start until a while after this?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Celt_Man

Anyone know anything about this frenchie that Lee is fighting soon?  Who is favorite for it?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 14, 2009, 10:19:35 PM
Anyone know anything about this frenchie that Lee is fighting soon?  Who is favorite for it?

Just watched it - Andy Lee was 30 secs from a ko and that was of himself - another DUD methinks .. 

Celt_Man

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 15, 2009, 12:00:21 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on November 14, 2009, 10:19:35 PM

Just watched it - Andy Lee was 30 secs from a ko and that was of himself - another DUD methinks ..

Gonna have to disagree with you... he would have known the bell was less than 30 seconds away, he grabbed his opponent and brought him to the middle of the ring... like Macklin said he didn't do that against Vera and that shows improvement
bit harsh calling him a dud... thought he boxed very clever apart from that bip in the tenth round, kept the other boy out of reach 90% of the time... would love to know what the punch count would be
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

INDIANA

think macklin would knock Lee out. Lee doesn't look as good as he was.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 14, 2009, 07:49:29 PM
What time is the actual fight at tonight between Pacman and Cotto?  I know coverage starts at 0200hrs but i assume the fight wont start until a while after this?
Won't be far off 4am I'd say. Dunno if it get pulled forward if the undercard bouts don't go the distance. Doubt it though as I'm sure it'll be round 8pm PT for tv.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 15, 2009, 12:18:23 AM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 14, 2009, 07:49:29 PM
Won't be far off 4am I'd say. Dunno if it get pulled forward if the undercard bouts don't go the distance. Doubt it though as I'm sure it'll be round 8pm PT for tv.

You would know
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"