American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on March 17, 2018, 06:55:36 AM
Jesus Christ. So hard to explain the extent of just how big a shock that is. I'd imagine a fraction of a percent of brackets picked them.

I picked them in one 😀 I did the first 2 rounds based on relative proximity to Ireland 😀 buffalo beating Arizona as well 😀

Minder

With Jets trading up to #3, Browns can take their QB of choice & Barkley if they want
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on March 17, 2018, 11:17:49 PM
With Jets trading up to #3 Browns can take their QB of choice & Barkley if they want

I'm sure they'll be open to shopping #4 if someone is in love with Mayfield or some random DE too if they're not all in on the Barkley hype train. But him and Hyde would be some safety blanket for the rookie QB as both can catch short range passes pretty well.

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on March 17, 2018, 11:19:34 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 17, 2018, 11:17:49 PM
With Jets trading up to #3 Browns can take their QB of choice & Barkley if they want

I'm sure they'll be open to shopping #4 if someone is in love with Mayfield or some random DE too if they're not all in on the Barkley hype train. But him and Hyde would be some safety blanket for the rookie QB as both can catch short range passes pretty well.

Yeah Barkleys receiving ability makes him a great match up, lining up as a receiver, out of the backfield etc.

Puckoon

#7 Nevada battle back from down 22 to #2 Cincinnati to win 75-73 and into the sweet 16 for the second time in school history! Excellent stuff!!

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

RealSpiritof98

Boom Michigan final four, this March madness is crazy awesome

gallsman

Duke-Kansas tonight is the big one.

Curry got injured by JaVale McGee the other night in his first game back after a couple of weeks out having rolled his ankle. MCL sprain in his knee this time and is in sight for the start of the playoffs. KD, Thompson and Green all also out injured at the minute.

gawa316

Quote from: gallsman on March 25, 2018, 10:30:43 AM
Duke-Kansas tonight is the big one.

Curry got injured by JaVale McGee the other night in his first game back after a couple of weeks out having rolled his ankle. MCL sprain in his knee this time and is in sight for the start of the playoffs. KD, Thompson and Green all also out injured at the minute.

Curry's injury was so unlucky. Hopefully will be back for the playoffs. 2nd place tied up and 1st basically out of reach so no need to rush anyone back. On paper 2nd might be better as it would probably mean playing Portland over OKC.

On injury's Green should be back tonight, KD week and Klay next wkd. The rest they've got the last week or two will hopefully stand them in good stead for the playoff run. If they get there, Houston will be a massive series and all the allstars will have to be on it especially Curry.

Minder

Only been paying a passing interest in the NBA this year, I take it nobody in the East will be fit for presumably GSW/Houston in the Finals ?

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on March 25, 2018, 09:48:35 PM
Only been paying a passing interest in the NBA this year, I take it nobody in the East will be fit for presumably GSW/Houston in the Finals ?

Cav's are prob the biggest threat just cause of LeBron. They've been pretty awful this year though. Boston were the early pace setters but have cooled lately and last i heard Kyrie was having minor surgery. Raptors are top seeds but just don't see them doing any major damage in the play offs.

Gabriel_Hurl

Opening Day in MLB - love it

First pitch of the season - Cubs homer vs Miami  ;D ;D ;D

Therealdonald

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 29, 2018, 05:50:02 PM
Opening Day in MLB - love it

First pitch of the season - Cubs homer vs Miami  ;D ;D ;D

It's all about the Judge and Giancarlo this year

Gabriel_Hurl

No kidding - Stanton could hit 80 homers this year  :o :o :o :o

This was pretty cool last night - Blackhawks lost both of their goalies to injury just before and during the game - in steps 36-year-old accountant and emergency backup goaltender Scott Foster to make 7 saves en route to a Blackhawks win - having been sitting at his work desk a few hours before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG-IGNvfrg8

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 30, 2018, 05:19:40 PM
No kidding - Stanton could hit 80 homers this year  :o :o :o :o

This was pretty cool last night - Blackhawks lost both of their goalies to injury just before and during the game - in steps 36-year-old accountant and emergency backup goaltender Scott Foster to make 7 saves en route to a Blackhawks win - having been sitting at his work desk a few hours before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG-IGNvfrg8

Brilliant stuff!