Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on November 28, 2019, 10:59:11 AM
Why then has Clones barely got even a lick of paint in the meantime?

-> To make everyone in Ulster GAA believe we need Casement*. Or I suppose, keep quiet the question of "why do we need Casement?"
-> To put pressure onto decision makers (don't quite know if that will work given tribals here)
-> To not divert money away from the big white elephant.

*Even though everyone has survived quite happily without it as a major county ground for 20 years.
i usse an speelchekor

Kidder81

Quote from: trailer on November 28, 2019, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: marty34 on November 28, 2019, 09:34:24 AM
Quote from: Will it ever end on November 28, 2019, 07:19:59 AM
I see there's an article with Justin McNulty MLA in the Irish news - the Ulster Council have obviously decided to force the planners hands by bringing a concerted media campaign calling for a decision.  Justin particularly notable given he's elected & members of his own party sit on the planning committee at Belfast City Council.

Something needs to be done - well over 1000 days since the ground was closed up.  Ulster Council must be getting the push on and rightly so.

It's like one that question in The Blame Game - Who's to blame.....for the Casement Park fiasco?

Residents and local politicians in West Belfast who have objected at every turnaround. NIMBY

What local politicians have objected ?

HiMucker

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 28, 2019, 01:30:00 PM
I see there's an article with Justin McNulty MLA in the Irish news - the Ulster Council have obviously decided to force the planners hands by bringing a concerted media campaign calling for a decision.  Justin particularly notable given he's elected & members of his own party sit on the planning committee at Belfast City Council.

Something needs to be done - well over 1000 days since the ground was closed up.  Ulster Council must be getting the push on and rightly so.

It's like one that question in The Blame Game - Who's to blame.....for the Casement Park fiasco?

Residents and local politicians in West Belfast who have objected at every turnaround. NIMBY

Wait for it. Hes going to blame SF for it.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: HiMucker on November 28, 2019, 03:25:00 PM

It's the Shinners baby so he can't this time...

Milltown Row2

If we'd a working government here in N.I then we wouldn't have (I'd hope) a shit storm that we are having now with all the delays!!

But I have to laugh at these politicians coming out now in West Belfast saying they are going to do whatever it takes to get Casement built, here's one, get back to work ya miserable cows and make it happen, election time and it seems hip to stand at Casement for a nice photo and state that we need to build Casement, its not our fault !!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 28, 2019, 03:43:12 PM

It's the Shinners baby so he can't this time...

If anything the Shinners couldn't get the thing built quick enough.

Riding roughshod over the H&S report findings was the main issue as to why the build was stopped and rightly so.

FYI,
This stadium if it ever gets built will not be controlled by Antrim GAA, but the Ulster Council.

The Antrim lads and ladies may get a run out in it every once in a while.

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2019, 03:47:12 PM

If we'd a working government here in N.I then we wouldn't have (I'd hope) a shit storm that we are having now with all the delays!!

But I have to laugh at these politicians coming out now in West Belfast saying they are going to do whatever it takes to get Casement built, here's one, get back to work ya miserable cows and make it happen, election time and it seems hip to stand at Casement for a nice photo and state that we need to build Casement, its not our fault !!

All well and good but should SF go back in with no Irish Language Act?  That's the major barrier.

There was an agreement but it was scuppered by the OO/UDA/DUP as they couldn't sell it to their followers.  Granted SF dropped the SSM deal like a balloon but point still stands if all parties agree to go back in, where is the starting point...from where they left off?

Milltown Row2

So everything goes tits up for the Irish language act? We have no assembly because of the Irish language act, education, nhs, funding, social welfare and everything else a local government wants to provide can't be done because of the Irish language act?

Get a majority and push it through, until then work the system.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2019, 05:51:23 PM
So everything goes tits up for the Irish language act? We have no assembly because of the Irish language act, education, nhs, funding, social welfare and everything else a local government wants to provide can't be done because of the Irish language act?

Where do they start when they go back then? 

under the bar

Substitute 'denial of equality' for 'Irish Language Act' and your post will make more sense.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: under the bar on November 28, 2019, 10:04:41 PM

Substitute 'denial of equality' for 'Irish Language Act' and your post will make more sense.

Now who in n.i is actually being denied equality?

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2019, 11:09:36 PM

People who wish to conduct  business with their government in a language spoken here for 2 millenia.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 28, 2019, 11:37:53 PM

People who wish to conduct  business with their government in a language spoken here for 2 millenia.

Are you serious? Or being pedantic? While I love Irish culture and GAA speaking Irish or any other language in government isn't cutting the mustard with basic health and well-being issues, education and reform, housing and infrastructure and better solutions to helping the environment are much more crucial.

If you'd rather be able to speak Irish in government (which you can if you want to and be fluent in Irish) than sorting out real issues then knock yourself out. In the real world let's just call a spade a spade.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on November 28, 2019, 11:37:53 PM

So about 5 people.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 28, 2019, 01:22:27 PM
Quote from: five points on November 28, 2019, 10:59:11 AM
Why then has Clones barely got even a lick of paint in the meantime?

-> To make everyone in Ulster GAA believe we need Casement*. Or I suppose, keep quiet the question of "why do we need Casement?"
-> To put pressure onto decision makers (don't quite know if that will work given tribals here)
-> To not divert money away from the big white elephant.

*Even though everyone has survived quite happily without it as a major county ground for 20 years.
Clones was built because there is vat on tickets in the 6c and not the south. Has that suddenly changed?