Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Do ye softies not want to stand on terraces?
Seriously folks ye're looking at a capacity of 2 ×5k stands and 2x 5k standing areas at this stage of the financial game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

illdecide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2020, 12:41:50 PM
Possibly but the second city in Ireland should have a stadium that's reflects a lot of cities around the world...

We have a stadium that's fit for purpose for soccer and rugby, we should have had similar for GAA, maybe not as grand as the one that was initially thought of but certainly a brand new stadium, a sort of mini Croke.

We would have been using the stadium now, had the right planning and proper consultations been in place with the locals. Its a shame that its still on going with all the costs

I'd have been happy with a 28 grand seater stadium with corporate facilities/handball courts/ bar/ restaurants/ and conference rooms..

100% Sine-é
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

delgany

I believe the short fall in money should lead to a phased redevelopment of the site. £78 million to get started and build as much of the stadium as planned, so that Ulster SFC can be played there. Phase 2 can be built when the money is available, to complete the add-ons etc

dec

Possibly but the second city in Ireland should have a stadium that's reflects a lot of cities around the world...

We have a stadium that's fit for purpose for soccer and rugby, we should have had similar for GAA, maybe not as grand as the one that was initially thought of but certainly a brand new stadium, a sort of mini Croke.

We would have been using the stadium now, had the right planning and proper consultations been in place with the locals. Its a shame that its still on going with all the costs

I'd have been happy with a 28 grand seater stadium with corporate facilities/handball courts/ bar/ restaurants/ and conference rooms..

How many times per year would such a stadium be filled or nearly filled?

imtommygunn

If any ulster championship games are on maybe. Depends. Antrim games wouldn't fill it.

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dec on October 26, 2020, 04:14:11 PM

Casement would have had big numbers on many occasions when the big teams played there.. no reason why they won't be played there again. and with a view of getting a hurling and football quarterfinal you'll be looking at good gates.. Add in your concerts and the running of conferences and so on, it'll be used.

That's a management thing, it'll be a business at that point. It won't all be about the GAA, same as Croke... Corrigan which is nearly finished and hosted Westmeath at the weekend will be our Parnel park
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LCohen

That logic is very flawed. The standing of a city is of no relevance if the stadium sits empty.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2020, 04:32:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2020, 04:26:10 PM

Casement would have had big numbers on many occasions when the big teams played there.. no reason why they won't be played there again. and with a view of getting a hurling and football quarterfinal you'll be looking at good gates.. Add in your concerts and the running of conferences and so on, it'll be used.

That's a management thing, it'll be a business at that point. It won't all be about the GAA, same as Croke... Corrigan which is nearly finished and hosted Westmeath at the weekend will be our Parnel park
I think a football quarter final is a stretch in itself but a hurling one?

Yes I know that's pushing it but, if Antrim keep the momentum they have and develop their game further they my be pushing for a quarter final before long, was the Wexford and Tipp games quarter finals?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

You mean a home quarter final not a neutral one? That'd hardly happen unless they treat us like Dublin which would be nice :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 26, 2020, 04:41:43 PM
You mean a home quarter final not a neutral one? That'd hardly happen unless they treat us like Dublin which would be nice :D

Sure we'd be a handy fixture for most teams  8)

Its an Ulster venue, not a home venue, that be Corrigan

Taylor

Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2020, 04:45:34 PM
There's not a mission of any of those teams agreeing to come up and they'd be 100% right.
FFS Waterford can't even come up to our actual home games.

Good point  ;D

Milltown Row2

There's not a mission of any of those teams agreeing to come up and they'd be 100% right.

But ok to have us head to Thurles or Galway?

The stadium will be earmarked for game's, Croke won't have it idle

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2020, 04:39:57 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2020, 04:32:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2020, 04:26:10 PM

I think a football quarter final is a stretch in itself but a hurling one?

Yes I know that's pushing it but, if Antrim keep the momentum they have and develop their game further they my be pushing for a quarter final before long, was the Wexford and Tipp games quarter finals?

The GAA should be looking at the start to bring the National Hurling League Final there.

marty34

Lol.