Why is the 'Cadet' thread locked?

Started by Maguire01, November 30, 2011, 08:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUst retired

The lady deputy mayoress has some neck on her to lecture wee Martin,about manners. She refused to shake hands with him when he was elected.The old blood is getting up leading up to the centenary of the signing of the covenant,which by the way they want to hold in Stormont. Is this claiming the ground back after a Poc Fada was held there last year. They did the same with a rally in the Ulster hall a few years back after a Sinn Fein rally was held there.

sammymaguire

Are youse still rattling on about a nothing incident on here? This thread is truly riveting folks  ::)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

haranguerer

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 02, 2011, 04:31:27 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on December 02, 2011, 01:37:44 PM
Quote from: nifan on December 02, 2011, 09:15:27 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on December 02, 2011, 08:56:48 AM
ffs - read. Leaving aside whether they actually are or not, where does Jude Collins say they are??

This child has barely reached the age of puberty, yet she has been enlisted in an organization where people are taught to kill other people – with guns, with grenades, with tanks, with rockets, with bombs.

Its a sponsored wing of the british army, I think we all know thats what hes referring to
He was being sensationalist and disingenuous to say the least. It's not part of the British Armed Forces.

For all intents and purposes, it is

Maguire01

Quote from: haranguerer on December 03, 2011, 09:11:28 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on December 02, 2011, 04:31:27 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on December 02, 2011, 01:37:44 PM
Quote from: nifan on December 02, 2011, 09:15:27 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on December 02, 2011, 08:56:48 AM
ffs - read. Leaving aside whether they actually are or not, where does Jude Collins say they are??

This child has barely reached the age of puberty, yet she has been enlisted in an organization where people are taught to kill other people – with guns, with grenades, with tanks, with rockets, with bombs.

Its a sponsored wing of the british army, I think we all know thats what hes referring to
He was being sensationalist and disingenuous to say the least. It's not part of the British Armed Forces.

For all intents and purposes, it is
'Inextricably linked' probably sums it up. But the Cadets, as I understand, aren't messing around with tanks, grenades, bombs etc, which is what that blog might lead some to believe.

Maguire01

Quote from: JUst retired on December 03, 2011, 07:23:49 AM
The lady deputy mayoress has some neck on her to lecture wee Martin,about manners.
I think you're confused.

Maguire01

Quote from: JUst retired on December 03, 2011, 07:23:49 AM
The old blood is getting up leading up to the centenary of the signing of the covenant,which by the way they want to hold in Stormont. Is this claiming the ground back after a Poc Fada was held there last year. They did the same with a rally in the Ulster hall a few years back after a Sinn Fein rally was held there.
I don't you can accuse the unionists of copying SF when it comes to holding a rally in the Ulster Hall! SF are very much playing catch-up on that one.

MW

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 02, 2011, 04:33:43 PM
Quote from: Trout on December 02, 2011, 04:06:25 PM
As for the YouTube link, do you think he would hold that opinion now?

Well, the British Army's own review of 'Operation Harvest', which concluded that they did not and could not defeat the IRA, was written in 2007. So I'd say he probably would still say that yes :D

Have you got a source for that claim?

Btw you seem pretty poorly informed given that "Operation Harvest" was the IRA's name for an earlier, also failed, "campaign".

JUst retired

Maguire, I think you missed my point,I am aware that they used the hall long before the shinners. What i`m saying is they are decontaminating it because the shinners sullied it in some way by being there. :) 

Tony Baloney

Courtesy of @markdevenport

Martin McGuinness describes Belfast mayor's refusal to give army cadet a Duke of Edinburgh certificate "undoubtedly a mistake"

Comments on a postcard from all you Shinners that defended the decision...

sammymaguire

What about, maybe Marty's wrong on this one?   ???  ::)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Tonto on December 02, 2011, 08:22:03 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 02, 2011, 08:01:43 PM
The Unionist are getting their own back

http://www.u.tv/News/Row-over-Irish-language-festive-sign/b288bca8-61e1-40c5-917c-ec9f995f472b
Urgh.  Why would the word 'unionist' have a capital U in that article?

To me a small u is all people of a unionist persuasion, where as capital U is a unionist member of a Unionist party. Hope that explains Tonto :)
Testing Accessibility

Evil Genius

Hmmm. No doubt His Honour the Mayor, and the Shinners on this Board, deplore the British Army for sponsoring the Combined Cadet Force, seeing as it "militarises" children etc.

Yet while searching for something else on the "CAIN" list of deaths during The Troubles, I chanced upon the following references:

O'Donnell, Dwayne 03 March 1991, (17) Catholic
Status: Irish Republican Army (IRA), Killed by: Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF)
Shot in car park next to Boyle's Bar, Cappagh, County Tyrone.

O'Hare, Gerard 23 September 1971, (17) Catholic
Status: Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA), Killed by: Official Irish Republican Army (OIRA)
Killed in premature bomb explosion at house, Merrion Street, Lower Falls, Belfast.

O'Neill, James 12 February 1976, (17) Catholic
Status: Irish Republican Army Youth Section (IRAF), Killed by: Irish Republican Army (IRA)
Died when badly burnt during arson attack on furniture warehouse, Antrim Road, New Lodge, Belfast.

O'Riordan, Sean 23 March 1972, (13) Catholic
Status: Irish Republican Army Youth Section (IRAF), Killed by: British Army (BA)
Shot during petrol bomb attack on British Army (BA) foot patrol, Cawnpore Street, Falls, Belfast.
http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/sutton/alpha/O.html

The above four "cadets" were only those whose names begin with the letter "O" and who actually died whilst "on active service" [sic].

Therefore I'd guess that the IRA must have recruited and used hundreds, if not thousands, of youngsters under the age of 18 in various of their operations, including street rioting, information collecting, weapons transporting and lookout duties etc, right up to bombings and attacks.

Which makes the leadership every bit as bad as bloody paedophiles, in my book.  >:(

Then again, we now know that some of them were both...  :o

"Gerry Adams, the president of Sinn Féin and MP for Belfast West, today revealed that his late father had "emotionally, physically and sexually" abused members of their large family...          ... Since the 1940s, Gerry Adams senior has been a figure venerated in the movement. As a young IRA activist he was shot and wounded by the RUC at the age of 16."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/dec/20/gerry-adams-reveals-abuse-father
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Agent Orange

Quote from: ziggysego on December 06, 2011, 03:30:59 PM

http://www.u.tv/News/Row-over-Irish-language-festive-sign/b288bca8-61e1-40c5-917c-ec9f995f472b

To me a small u is all people of a unionist persuasion, where as capital U is a unionist member of a Unionist party. Hope that explains Tonto :)

Are you an English teacher Ziggy?

orangeman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 06, 2011, 02:47:19 PM
Courtesy of @markdevenport

Martin McGuinness describes Belfast mayor's refusal to give army cadet a Duke of Edinburgh certificate "undoubtedly a mistake"

Comments on a postcard from all you Shinners that defended the decision...

Martin promises to be a good boy from now on.

O Donnghaile award action a mistake: Martin McGuinnness

Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness has said Belfast Lord Mayor Niall O Donnghaile's refusal to present an award to a young Army cadet was "undoubtedly a mistake".

He was replying to a question in the assembly from Ulster Unionist leader Tom Elliott.

On Monday night, Mr O Donnghaile apologised to the council for refusing to present the Duke of Edinburgh award to the teenager.

Mr McGuinness, the deputy first minister, welcomed the mayor's apology.

The Sinn Fein deputy leader said Mr O Donnghaile had made a clear commitment that the mistake would not be repeated.

ziggysego

Quote from: Agent Orange on December 06, 2011, 04:34:00 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 06, 2011, 03:30:59 PM

Are you an English teacher Ziggy?

:D No, far from it. Some would say I'd need one.
Testing Accessibility