Connacht SFC Q/Final London v Leitrim 3.6.12 in Ruislip

Started by Blowitupref, May 30, 2012, 09:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

London: 1. Evan Byrne, 2. Peter Sherry, 3. Sean McVeigh (Captain), 4. David McGreevy, 5. Tony Gaughan, 6. Shane Mulligan, 7. Seamus Hannon, 8. Lorcan Mulvey, 9. Mark Gottsche, 10. Sean Kelly 11. Kevin O'Leary, 12. Michael Mullins 13. Padraig McGoldrick, 14. Eoin O'Neill, 15. Lloyd Colfer

Leitrim: 1. Cathal McCrann, (Gortletteragh), 2. James Glancy, (St Mary's), 3. Ciaran Egan, (Gortletteragh), 4. Paddy Maguire (Capt), (Glencar Manorhamilton), 5. Colm Clarke, (Drumkeerin), 6. Fabian McMorrow, (Melvin Gaels), 7. Wayne McKeon, (Ballinamore Seán O'Heslin's), 8. Darren Sweeney, (Glencar Manorhamilton), 9. Daniel Lowe, (St Mary's), 10. Paddy McGowan, (St Patrick's Dromahair), 11. Emlyn Mulligan, (Melvin Gaels), 12. Paul Brennan, (Melvin Gaels), 13. Ray Cox, (Annaduff), 14. James Glancy, (Glencar Manorhamilton), 15. Adrian Croal, (Glencar Manorhamilton).

Odds London 7/4 draw 15/2 Leitrim 11/10. Throw in 3pm the winner will face Mayo on June 24th
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mano

Seems to be a big turnover of players in the Leitrim team from last year. Could there be a shock in store here?

spuds

Is no.12 Mullins from Claremorris in Mayo ? Few names there I recognise, could this be the year for Contae Londain ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ballinaman

Sean Kelly from Cross is flying too by all accounts. I'm throwing down 20 bob on London.

intoDwest

Tony Gaughan from Kiltane is a fine footballer as well, huge loss for our club. I'll be putting €20 on London as well, nice to have an interest!!

boojangles

Mulvey played a few years with Cavan at midfield. On his day could be a big addition. Is that Shane Mulligan who played with Longford? Gottsche played a bit with Galway a few years back too I believe. Might chance a sneaky score on them.

FermGael

Peter Sherry at corner back would have played in the Ulster final in 08 for Fermanagh and is a good footballer. 
Was involved with Fermanagh this year until he went to work in England and would be starting on Sunday against Down if he was about.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Longfordian

Seamus Hannon is a clubmate of mine and is starting at wing half back , good footballer too, played corner back for Longford two years ago , when Longford beat Mayo in Pearse Pk

Not Shane Mulligan from Longford , who is starting v Wexford in Croke Pk Sunday ,

Mano

Padraig McGoldrick was on the Sligo panel before he moved to England. Was key player when Sligo won the All Ireland Junior in 2010

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

bannside

Sean Mc Veigh (No 3, team captain) is also an excellent footballer. Has played for Antrim a few times, but is now in his prime and has filled out into a big strong althetic player. At this rate £20 does look worth a punt.

bannside

Betting seems to be evens your pick with the draw @ 15/2.

HT/FT @ 9/4 could be the shout. Cant find anything to double it up with though!!

EwanMacKenna

For anyone interested, article with the wonderful brothers of Philip McGuinness - his life, Leitrim football and life since. http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/a-zest-for-life-and-a-love-for-leitrim-196056.html

Man of Kent

London expectations are high after last year. Home advantage must count for something and they can take some inspiration from the hurlers fine extra time win over Down yesterday.

That said when i've seen the Exiles this season silly mistakes have cost the dear and the opposition have always had one or two players who gave them the edge.

Hope i'm wrong but I go for Leitrim by 3.

Blowitupref

HT London 1-5 Leitrim 0-5. Strong finish to the half by the exiles 1-3 scored in the last 5 mins.