Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: trileacman on October 08, 2017, 10:23:42 PM
I tried watching the old blade runner but it was very slow couldn't get through it. Any chance I'd like the new one?

Similar faiings I'm afraid too long and slow.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on September 12, 2017, 09:54:47 AM
Watched IT at the weekend.  Reminded me of the Goonies a lot.  Really funny and not so much a horror film.  9/10 easy.

Preferred the original, had my head wrecked as a young lad - think I seen it when I was 10 or so. But the remake is still decent, definitely watchable.

Seen American Made with Tom Cruise recently, it was a decent show. Some carry on went on back in those days.

ballinaman

Wind River is worth a watch. 7/10

Frank_The_Tank

Watched The Maze the other day - good show.  Tom Vaughan Lawlor is a brilliant Actor - hard not to think of him as Nidgey right enough.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Eamonnca1

Saw Blade Runner 2049 last night. My God what a masterpiece. Every bit as good as the final cut of the original version and maybe even surpasses it. I have a good mind to go back and watch it a second time. Saw in in IMAX 2D and I'm glad I did because it's utterly stunning to look at. And the music! The visuals. The story. The acting. So much Oscar-worthy material in there it's unbelievable.

Targetman

Watched Trainspotting2 last night, I know its been out a while but first chance to see it, while not as good as the first there's still some funny moments, Francis Begbie is a scream and a very angry man, wouldn't mess with him!!

Syferus

5 Centimeters per Second. Not just one of the best animated films I've ever seen, one of the best films, period.

screenexile

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 09, 2017, 05:44:45 PM
Saw Blade Runner 2049 last night. My God what a masterpiece. Every bit as good as the final cut of the original version and maybe even surpasses it. I have a good mind to go back and watch it a second time. Saw in in IMAX 2D and I'm glad I did because it's utterly stunning to look at. And the music! The visuals. The story. The acting. So much Oscar-worthy material in there it's unbelievable.

Never saw the first one but had time to kill this evening and decided to watch Blade Runner because everything else looked like utter shite!

Having known nothing about the story I think I got my head around it Ok but it's one of those few films that I've seen that was really a cinematic experience the cinematography and music had you disoriented at times and it was very enjoyable and didn't seem like 2 hours plus at all.

Crazy shit I dunno how people come up with these kinds of stories!

Dinny Breen

Blade Runner 2049 was really good, solid 8/10. Has to be seen in the cinema.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 16, 2017, 08:37:25 AM
Blade Runner 2049 was really good, solid 8/10. Has to be seen in the cinema.

Definitely! I don't think it would be near the same experience watching it in the house!

lurganblue

The Circle - Tom Hanks and Emma Watson. A pile of sh*te.

HiMucker

Brawl in Cell Block 99.  Tarrantino Esque.  Worth a watch.  7/10

Orior

Watched Wonder Woman. I was very impressed with the lead actress.

Not impressed with the story line. Why bring set it in WW1?

Was not impressed with the lead actor.

David Thewlis is a crap actor. I think he should try has hand at comedy roles, not an evil master.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

HiMucker

Anyone seen Bad day for the cut?  Worth a watch?

Tony Baloney

Thor Ragnarok decent. 8/10.