Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centre 3/4s

Have to hand it to arsehole wingher he has done a top job at the gunners i love watching the whores and for the amount of money he has spent compared to some of those other clowns is amazing!! I would really like to see them win something as watching them is well worth the admission money, imagine paying a fortune every week to watch that chelsea shite it would depress the hell out of you, i get bored watching highlights of them f**ks never mind watching a whole game

ildanach

wonder what Wenger ever did to Platini?

from sky.com
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he is stunned by Uefa president Michel Platini's attack on him in an interview with a French newspaper.

Platini, the head of European football's governing body, fired a couple of broadsides at the Arsenal manager during a frank interview with Grenoble daily Dauphine Libere.

The former France international slammed Wenger for having a business mentality rather than a football one.

And he also tore into the Gunners boss for calling for the introduction of video replays to rule on questionable refereeing decisions.

Wenger has been taken aback by Platini's criticisms.

Stunned
"I am stunned by the aggressive content of Platini's words," Wenger told L'Equipe."I am effectively a supporter of video assistance for referees, like all coaches, and I believe Uefa have an important role to play in this.

"I am for sporting justice and Uefa must be the guarantor of it."

Wenger added: "I am a supporter of good management of clubs, for financial equilibrium.

"And Uefa must equally support this idea. I am fighting for the future of the game and of football.

"I don't see why Uefa should take umbrage at ideas that are different from their own."

In Platini's interview with Dauphine Libere, Wenger's name was raised during a question about the introduction of video technology.

Blast
Platini replied: "I like to talk about football, him (Wenger) about business. We must stop with Wenger and all that."

Platini then said he hoped video assistance would never come into football, adding: "It would make me happy that Arsene Wenger never sees it."

Later in the interview, Platini again targeted Wenger when asked about his thoughts on Romanian side CFR Cluj's unexpected victory over Roma in the UEFA Champions League last week.

"That is what makes football so great," Platini said. "It is what people like Wenger do not want, little clubs beating the big clubs, because they want their business."
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ildanach

6 v 0 some win for the arsenal youngsters!!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

stiffler

How good is your lad Vela??

will he see much time in the premier league this year, or is he more of one for the future?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

kinghen

Quote from: stiffler on September 23, 2008, 10:27:28 PM

will he see much time in the premier league this year, or is he more of one for the future?

dont think he'll get that much playing time in the league tbf, bendtner got two goals  last night and still think he's 3rd choice after ade and rvp (untill eduardo gets back anyway)

i actually think that he is very much in the same mould as eduardo, natual goalscorer with great finishing ability, (he was the golden boot winner in the 2005 u-17 world cup finals)

but if he continues to play like that in the carling cup, i hope he does get a chance with the big boys!

Uladh

Quote from: stiffler on September 23, 2008, 10:27:28 PM

absolute cracker on football manager

jaykay

What do ye make of this plank?

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=877301

Nolan: We Went After Theo

Bolton Wanderers captain Kevin Nolan has admitted he instructed his team-mates to target Arsenal youngster Theo Walcott during Saturday's clash at the Reebok...
Walcott came on as a second-half substitute in the Gunners' 3-1 victory over the Trotters, lighting up the game in typical fashion by providing the assist for Denilson's sealer.

The England winger is in the best form of his short career, and Nolan confessed that his defence were under orders to kick the jet-heeled teenager out of the game.

"I have never seen anybody as quick as Theo Walcott in my life," he told The Sun. "I said to Jlloyd Samuel 'Give him a little kick and see if he comes back at you!'"

Nolan's comments will no doubt enrage Arsene Wenger, as the Arsenal manager was livid with the similarly physical approach Dynamo Kiev took against Walcott during last week's Champions League clash.

But the Bolton skipper defended his side's tactics: "At the end of the day, it is a physical sport. We don't want to be like basketballers.

"We are in the gym four or five days a week to build ourselves up to try to stand up to challenges like that.

"We are in danger of losing that side — the roughing up of people."

Cecil Braun

full back

TBH, I would expect most teams to be like this with Walcott
But to come out and say it shows the IQ of Nolan

Minder

Footballers should be banned from speaking to the media, and if they are allowed they should only be allowed to use the following phrases -

sick as a parrot
over the moon
we wuz robbed
do i not like that
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yes I Would

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: hardstation on September 27, 2008, 07:28:23 PM
Full Time.
Arsenal put through Hull.

How sad you must have had that typed out and then hit the button at the whistle!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Yes I Would

Jaysus!! Wenger will be like a divil tonight!!

ONeill

I remember drinking with a couple of Hull fans in Birmingham in 1999. They were crying into their beer that Hull were about to go into administration at the bottom of the league.

Jesus Christ.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: hardstation on September 27, 2008, 07:31:27 PM
Had not. How long does it take to type 6 words?

Depends how many pints u have in you....Was watching the match and that msg came up bout 4 secs after the final whistle....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME