Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Anyone do French O Level? - http://www.dailymotion.com/Miss-Lili/video/xv65s_henry-ds-telefoot-by-goals-miss-lil

Meanwhile, seriously depleted squad tomorrow.

OUT: Theo Walcott, Alexander Hleb, Emmanuel Eboue, Emmanuel Adebayor, Abou Diaby, Thierry Henry, William Gallas, Johan Djourou and Freddie Ljungberg.

FIT: Lehmann, Hoyte, Toure, Senderos, Clichy, Fabregas, Gilberto, Rosicky, Baptista, van Persie, Almunia, Flamini, Aliadiere, Song, Lauren, Denilson.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Hoyte, Senderos, Almunia, Flamini, Aliadiere and Song

These guys to me just aren't good enough, Christ even average players like John O'Shea or Darren Fletcher would be better than these guys, Aliadiere's performance on Monday was nothing short of shocking, maybe Stokes or Bentender should be given a chance...

Wenger is very myopic sometimes and it is starting to annoy...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

A surprise starting place for Henry pays dividends. He scores the first from the spot, sets up Hoyte for his, and wins the penalty for RVP to convert. RVP completed the the scoring with a dinky finish. A nice way to start the year.

magpie seanie

Glad that Henry was able to prove his fitness as the transfer window opens!

ONeill

Wouldn't mind cashing in......you could do a lot with 20-25m!

In all seriousness, it is noticeable that Henry has lost that seering pace - and has done so since the Madrid game. A massive pity if that's the case - TH at full pelt was orgasmic.

magpie seanie

Don't know whether Henry has disimproved or is just moody but I agree that Arsenal would be best served by moving him on for a substantial fee.

ONeill

Eboue ready to return for FA Cup trip to Liverpool

Liverpool v Arsenal
FA Cup Round 3
Anfield
Sat, Jan 6, 2007, 5.15pm

By Chris Harris

Slowly but surely, Arsenal's injury problems are clearing up.

Thierry Henry returned to action against Charlton on Tuesday and Emmanuel Eboue is the latest name to leave the treatment room and rejoin the first-team squad. The Ivorian has missed the last four games with an ankle injury but is fit for this weekend's FA Cup tie at Liverpool.

Arsène Wenger had positive news about a number of the Club's walking wounded when he spoke exclusively to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon.

"The news is quite good at the moment," said the Arsenal manager. "We have no new injuries from the Charlton game and we have Eboue available for Saturday.

"Julio Baptista might come back too and William Gallas is very close [to a return]. The news of Theo Walcott's back is very good. He and Gallas are possibles for the Carling Cup [on Tuesday].

"Lauren is ready to play. He is looking from week to week better and better in training. Emmanuel Adebayor should be back for the Blackburn game."

Freddie Ljungberg is also nearing full fitness while Abou Diaby took part in his first full training session on Thursday since suffering a fractured and dislocated ankle last May. The young Frenchman's return delighted his manager.

"It is great news, he had his first complete training session today," said Wenger. "He is so happy to play and his performance was very positive."

ONeill

No Fear lads

# Arsenal and Liverpool have contested three FA Cup Finals, Arsenal winning two in 1950 and 1971, and Liverpool winning one, in 2001.
# Arsenal have never lost at Anfield in an FA Cup tie. The Gunners drew 0-0 there in 1923 and won 2-0 in 1936.
# The two teams contested a marathon four-game Semi-Final in 1980, Arsenal finally winning 1-0 with a goal from Brian Talbot at Highfield Road.
# Arsenal have won the FA Cup 10 times to Liverpool's seven.
# The teams last met in the competition five years ago when a Dennis Bergkamp goal gave us a 1-0 win at Highbury. Liverpool's Jamie Carragher was sent off later in the game

never kickt a ball

QuoteNo Fear lads

Worth a bet then O'Neill?  Wonder what the odds are?

J70

Quote from: ONeill on January 04, 2007, 08:37:49 PM
No Fear lads

# Arsenal and Liverpool have contested three FA Cup Finals, Arsenal winning two in 1950 and 1971, and Liverpool winning one, in 2001.
# Arsenal have never lost at Anfield in an FA Cup tie. The Gunners drew 0-0 there in 1923 and won 2-0 in 1936.
# The two teams contested a marathon four-game Semi-Final in 1980, Arsenal finally winning 1-0 with a goal from Brian Talbot at Highfield Road.
# Arsenal have won the FA Cup 10 times to Liverpool's seven.
# The teams last met in the competition five years ago when a Dennis Bergkamp goal gave us a 1-0 win at Highbury. Liverpool's Jamie Carragher was sent off later in the game

Why the highlighting? Is what happened in the 1930s relevant given that Arsenal haven't played an FA Cup tie at Anfield since? Liverpool hadn't beaten United in the Cup since the 1920s, before last season's tie. ;)

Carragher's sending off was the time he threw the coin back into the crowd wasn't it?

I remember being in tears as a wee lad, watching that third replay in 1980. That must have been the longest cup tie ever.

ONeill

Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2007, 09:48:07 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 04, 2007, 08:37:49 PM
No Fear lads

I remember being in tears as a wee lad, watching that third replay in 1980. That must have been the longest cup tie ever.

Not as many tears as i circa 2001. Robbery.

Dinny Breen

QuoteNot as many tears as i circa 2001. Robbery.

Damn thieving scouse feckers, Henchoz should have sent off for that blatent hand-ball. Michael Owens Coup de Grace and has done nothing since.....

Need to score first to win, Liverpool finish games for strong wouldn't be confident if it's scoreless with 20 minutes left. With Fabregas suspended it will be interesting to see who plays central midfield...
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Good result against a one dimensional Liverpool side, once we got the first goal the result was never in doubt. Rosicky and Helb played very well, might be hope for Senderos yet  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

Elias

Good win today from the lads, Henry's goal was a joy, he skinned Carragher alive and hung him out to dry.

Rosicky, take a bow, great finishes both.

Arsenal wobbled after conceding but out defense was excellent today, and Almumia showed good form too considering he's had little or no first team action this season.

Hopefully the goon's can go on from here and finish the season strongly  ;)

ONeill

Fairly run-of-the-mill victory over the scousers. That's 6 goals scored in 2 games against them this year. Hopefully we'll start to see the best of Rosicky now.

When teams come out to play against Arsenal, the Gunners thrive. Henry was ropey enough and was on the verge of substitution when the goal went in.

Never lost at Anfield in the Cup - the spirit remains!!

Couldn't give a toss about Tuesday though Liverpool are sure to go all out after today. Silverware and all that.