Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: under the bar on February 16, 2008, 10:23:13 PM
QuoteClass had nothing to do with it. Fergie knows it.

If you didn't see a gulf in class on the pitch tonite then buy a new telly.  Both teams had an equal eye on Europe but United outclassed Arsenal in every dept, which was why Arsenal players resorted to kicking and did well to finish with 10 men.

Just what I was wondering, if they didn't give a shite about the game why did they go around kicking? 
Nani was lucky to walk of the field. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Dinny Breen

QuoteNani was lucky to walk of the field.

Yea he could have died  ::)

Fair dues to Gallas for not going down when hit by Nani's pathetic head butt.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Fair dues to Fergie for criticising Nani.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 17, 2008, 08:42:18 AM
QuoteNani was lucky to walk of the field.

Yea he could have died  ::)

Fair dues to Gallas for not going down when hit by Nani's pathetic head butt.

You'd hardly die from kn**ker cowards kicking at you when you're back is turned.
I wish he had to go down with the "head butt" - the other lanky fella from Arsenal going down in the box looking a penalty was  :D

ildanach

i really hope arsenes plan works!! We can now concentrate on the league & champions league. In truth we don't have the depth in squad to chalenge on 3 fronts and could have ended up with nothing. I know that can still happen but, ig by going out of the cup we have a better chance of winning the league so be it. United although not at full strength either were by far the hungrier team, we were totally out played so there can be no quible about the result. With regard to nani though. If someone is showboating like that players are going to get pissed off and then try to foul him. Somehow I dont think the league game in old trafford will have any room for that type of shit, although the tackles will no doubt be flying but for different reasons!.

Roll on wednesday night!! my prediction arsenal by 2 but lets hope we can keep the clean sheet.     
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

pintsofguinness

QuoteWith regard to nani though. If someone is showboating like that players are going to get pissed off and then try to foul him.

Oh that's alright then  ::)

If someone shows a bit of skill to keep the ball they're "showboating"?

Dinny Breen

Anyone can do it in their own half running away from the opposition goal, I wouldn't call it showboating I'd call it stupid...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

I see Milan drew 0-0 yesterday.

MILAN:
Kalac; Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Emerson, Ambrosini, Serginho; Kakà; Inzaghi

from babelfish

the Milan to the Tardini

The rossoneri of Ancelotti do not go al.di.là.dello 0-0 to the Tardini against a careful and very disposed Parma in field. Presence number 1000 for capitan Maldini. Milan that momentarily catches up the Fiorentina to the quarter place in classifies In the first minuteren of game the Parma us test above all with shooting from the long distance.

To 12' with Pisanu and the 4 minuteren after with Reginaldo but, both tried ones, they finish to you high over the crosspiece. The Milan answers to the 18' with a free kick struck from Kakà of right, the ball ends but on the bottom. Always number 22 rossonero little after attracts on himself the attention when ago to leave left a powerful one that finishes to the right of Bucci. The Parma, that it grazes the goal in more than an occasion in the ten final minuteren, demonstrates however not to have no reverenziale fear in the comparisons of the adversaries indeed, interprets R-al.meglio the challenge, with grinta and conviction. In the Ancelotti resumption it inserts Pirlo and Gilardino in place of Gattuso and Serginho for giving pushed more to the centrocampo. While Dida comes removed from the park bench in stretcher for one strange and unexpected pain to the back.

The entered neo Pirlo is made endured to notice with a violent punishment from defiladed position, Bucci rejects with the fists blanketing the first occasion of the Milan in this according to time. Us test also Inzaghi but its turn of left goes high over the crosspiece. Of Carl it tries to give oxygen to the square and recalls Reginaldo and Lucarelli for Gasbarroni and Budan. And the hoped effect arrives immediately. Gasbarroni constructs the action and supplies the ball of the possible one assist for Budan. The Croatian avoids the game outside and forces Kalac to the parade save-result. Kakà puts in extension its class on a traversone from the right of Cafu: stop of chest and right to the flight that forces Bucci to the extraordinary ones. The 0-0 is not unblocked but the rossonero people have however a valid reason in order to sing and make themselves to feel: in field official contest enters in fact the stainless Paul Maldini to its 1000a. Maldini, than I reach it will complete 40 years, it goes to replace Jankulovski. The rossoneri ones still believe us and to 28' on free kick the Pirlo usual it makes to remain of Bucci chalk, the ball exits of least.

It is not ended I besiege of the devils. Before (29) Inzaghi test, rejects the opposing porter to us, then Gilardino, and this time is Zenoni that avoids to the Parma the net of the disadvantage. They do not let go the men of Ancelotti, to prescribed time practically expired Emerson it sends the balls to stars, or to the ortiche, from the tribune Braida and Galliani they chew bitter. Also Budan makes to shake the public gialloblu in contest closing. It tries the conclusion from the right and succeeds nearly in the impossible enterprise of beffare Kalac on its pole. It finishes therefore 0-0, for the Parma a half full glass, for the Milan a glass empty means inasmuch as it hardly scrapes together 2 points in two contests and, above all, does not go to sign for before the time after 14 consecutive contests.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 17, 2008, 01:01:45 PM
Anyone can do it in their own half running away from the opposition goal, I wouldn't call it showboating I'd call it stupid...

Using his head to keep on to the ball that was slow coming down and someone on his heels, I'd call it skill.

ONeill

Anyone else agree the babelfish translations makes more sense than the dimwit above!! (where's the rolling laughter sign)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ONeill on February 17, 2008, 01:22:46 PM
Anyone else agree the babelfish translations makes more sense than the dimwit above!! (where's the rolling laughter sign)

Don't be taking your bad form out on me shane, it's not my fault Utd beat you 4-0.
I thought you didn't care anyway?

ONeill

Unlucky lad. If tears of laughter at your attempts to pretend you know a little about what you're talking about I hope I'm in bad form for a few years!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ONeill

They were well earned though.

Back to the thread - anyone on here going over to the Villa game on March 1st by any chance?

ONeill

I wonder will they be showing it in London.

ONeill

The link between this loss, the CC loss to Spuds and the beating by Sevilla all have is that Hoyte and Traore were starters on the back line in each match.

Now, I hope AW has taken note.