Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 22, 2008, 10:40:35 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 10, 2008, 01:53:57 PM
Yer young lad O'Hara looks a great player.

All this talk of always beating Spurs...a few years back in 2001 or something, Chelsea had a similar record- if not better- against Spurs, and went in the league cup 2nd leg in a very similar state. Again the pysche was 'Chelsea always beat Spurs.'

Final score: Spurs 5 Chelsea 1!!!!!!!

Now if only I'd money on that............
;D ;D ;D

About bloody time we won, and did it in style. Sure it might "only" be the League Cup, but a win's a win, especially after so long, and sure the non-"big 4 (soon to be 3)" teams get rare enough opportnities for success, so it's nice to get there.

Only thing is, I hope the final has a better ending this time.

ildanach

very good win for for spurs, They deserved it. I thought the 3rd goal was the clincher. If we had got one back at that stage they may have imploded. But they were by far the hungerier sharper team -  Important to refocus now as newcastle in the cup at the weekend.
on a plus side that was a screamer adebayor got!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Minder

Quote from: ildanach on January 23, 2008, 12:01:14 PM
very good win for for spurs, They deserved it. I thought the 3rd goal was the clincher. If we had got one back at that stage they may have imploded. But they were by far the hungerier sharper team -  Important to refocus now as newcastle in the cup at the weekend.
on a plus side that was a screamer adebayor got!

Aye it was some dig he hit Bendtner alright......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

How in Earth did Adebayor escape a red card, never mind a yellow for that slap at Lee?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 23, 2008, 12:59:53 PM
How in Earth did Adebayor escape a red card, never mind a yellow for that slap at Lee?

Not to mention the head butt on Bentdner.

tintin25

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 23, 2008, 01:14:54 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 23, 2008, 12:59:53 PM

Not to mention the head butt on Bentdner.

As a neutral...have to say that Adebayor is a great player.

Adebayor > Berbatov

Dinny Breen

QuoteHow in Earth did Adebayor escape a red card, never mind a yellow for that slap at Lee?

Nice fishing, Lee went down like Elias in Platoon.....

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I thought that too Dinny. Another example of that sort of sh1te that is turning me more and more off soccer. Once, just once, I'd love to see the like of that lad at the bottom of a ruck on a wet Saturday out in Clifford Park or somewhere. They don't know they're born.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 23, 2008, 02:24:14 PM
I thought that too Dinny. Another example of that sort of sh1te that is turning me more and more off soccer. Once, just once, I'd love to see the like of that lad at the bottom of a ruck on a wet Saturday out in Clifford Park or somewhere. They don't know they're born.

Have to agree AZ,it is becoming more and more difficult to identify with.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

What's this all about? I just got it in an RSS feed. I wasn't really looking at all the game, but I didn't notice it. What happened? Is there history here?

QuoteDuring the closing stages, with the tie already lost, Nicklas Bendtner - who had earlier scored an own goal - became involved in an altercation with team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor, and appeared to complain of being headbutted by the Togo international.

Arsenal captain William Gallas stepped in to try to calm matters down, before then himself being confronted by the angry young Danish striker. Eventually, referee Webb had to intervene to restore order.

As the Yorkshire official revealed he did not witness the events in their entirety, the FA have now asked broadcasters to provide any relevant television footage.

GalwayBayBoy

What it says on the tin. He stuck the nut on him.

AZOffaly

ildanach

from arsenal.com

Emmanuel Adebayor believes Arsenal's unity and focus will enable them to put last night's defeat at Tottenham behind them and achieve "a fantastic season".

The Togolese striker came off the bench to score the visitors' only goal in the 5-1 defeat at White Hart Lane in the Carling Cup Semi-Final second leg.

It was a disappointing night for Arsenal and passions were running high late on as they sought to find a way back into the tie. Afterwards, Adebayor remained optimistic about the team's chances in the remaining three competitions this season.

"We are a strong unit and what happened last night against Spurs will strengthen our desire and determination to compete for other targets," he said.

"Overall I think that we should have been more calm during the game and although I was pleased to get a goal back for the team when I came on, I am sorry for the disagreement with my team-mate Nicklas.

"We are both passionate about this Club and sometimes that can be projected in the wrong way. It was a mistake. We want to focus on the games ahead and rely on our squad's great togetherness to achieve a fantastic season."

This shows to me that neither liked getting stuffed by spurs.  It shows they care!!!!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ildanach on January 23, 2008, 03:14:57 PM
from arsenal.com

Emmanuel Adebayor believes Arsenal's unity and focus will enable them to put last night's defeat at Tottenham behind them and achieve "a fantastic season".

The Togolese striker came off the bench to score the visitors' only goal in the 5-1 defeat at White Hart Lane in the Carling Cup Semi-Final second leg.

It was a disappointing night for Arsenal and passions were running high late on as they sought to find a way back into the tie. Afterwards, Adebayor remained optimistic about the team's chances in the remaining three competitions this season.

"We are a strong unit and what happened last night against Spurs will strengthen our desire and determination to compete for other targets," he said.

"Overall I think that we should have been more calm during the game and although I was pleased to get a goal back for the team when I came on, I am sorry for the disagreement with my team-mate Nicklas.

"We are both passionate about this Club and sometimes that can be projected in the wrong way. It was a mistake. We want to focus on the games ahead and rely on our squad's great togetherness to achieve a fantastic season."

This shows to me that neither liked getting stuffed by spurs.  It shows they care!!!!

Nutting your own teammate is a hell of a way to show you care.

Dinny Breen

QuoteIs there a history there?

None that I am aware of, Bendtner though seemingly is very arrogant about his ability.....it wasn't a full on headbutt but disappointing and probably would have led to a red card if the referee saw it, Gallas handled it pretty well, nice to see passion about the humiliation as ildanach says....
#newbridgeornowhere