Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

QuoteA subject close to any Chelsea fans heart, Captain Courageous Terry (or is that turncoat Terry?) throwing the ball at the ref against Derby........

No denying that Chelsea were out of order on Saturday. However the medja tend to demonsie Chelsea, and glamorise Arsenal, even though the pretty boys of North London are fond of throwing their toys out of the pram too! And it's hard to beat a wee bit of exagerating....he threw it at the ground...not the ref!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

You have to understand this, SS. Arsenal haven't lost since April 7th. That's a lot of frustration for oppostion fans. Even in a meaningless game, an Arsenal defeat is orgasmic for them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on November 27, 2007, 09:51:41 PM
Well 3-1 it ended, not surprisingly so. This last game at home to Steaua is almost crucial. They need to win and hope Seville don't win in Prague. Finishing second will invite a 2nd round game against Barca, Milan, Madrid etc.

Senderos (Cygan in disguise) should never share a pitch with Gilberto again. He makes everyone nervous but for some reason Silva's game is destroyed when he plays. Cesc was very quiet. Away to Villa on Saturday. A tough one.

QuoteEven in a meaningless game

So the last game is crucial, but the 2nd last is meaningless? I am nearly as confused as you were when replying to yourself!!

ONeill

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 27, 2007, 10:50:39 PM
I am nearly as confused as you were when replying to yourself!!

Unfortunately even the simplest attempts at subtle humour is unappreciated on the board in 2007.

Norf Tyrone

Now the Andorra thing was funny....

....but I think in this wan you fecked up  ;)

ONeill

Ach Jaysus, I'm now stooping to the level of explaining these things. Why do I bother...

Immediately after posting the initial post about the Seville game, I checked their recent results only to find they were in a spot a bother. I posted again in order to say my initial post was shite and ill-informed, and I attempted to do so in a, over-the-head it appears, self-depreciating way.

AZOffaly

I actually thought of that O'Neill. Is he doing this in an 'Alan Shearer third person' type of way. Then I said, 'It's O'Neill. Nah!!!!!!!!!!'

Dinny Breen

QuoteArsenal (The saviours of football with their beautiful football)

Jesus, Norf Tyrone actually writes something that I can agree with.

It's great to see people whinge about Arsenal, must mean they see Arsenal as realistic title challengers... ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

T Fearon

"Fredi from the penalty spot" will now enter the White Hart Lane hymnbook, alongside "Nayim from the halfway line" ;D

On another note, Jose Ramos' team fcuked you Goons last night... a taste of things to come closer to home ;)

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on November 28, 2007, 12:48:22 PM
"Fredi from the penalty spot" will now enter the White Hart Lane hymnbook, alongside "Nayim from the halfway line" ;D

On another note, Jose Ramos' team fcuked you Goons last night... a taste of things to come closer to home ;)

.....though I would think that the Arsenal First Team demolition of Ramos' Seville, when he was actually in charge, 3-0 is a better indicator.

Pretty pathetic that Spurs can only sing about the achievement of other clubs!!!

ildanach

Quote from: T Fearon on November 28, 2007, 12:48:22 PM

its a pity none of the £40 million plus of striking talent on show at spuds can manage to do it. Maybe ye should try and buy him back? Although kanoute will hardly leave the champions league to play for a mid table team whose hilight this week is playing the likes of aalborg in the uefa cup! 
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

....on Channel 5 if lucky....

ildanach

from arsenal
Gael Clichy and Alex Hleb face late fitness tests ahead of the game at Aston Villa on Saturday but Cesc Fabregas is now definitely out.

The Spaniard injured his hamstring at Sevilla on Tuesday and was rated as highly doubtful by Arsène Wenger at his press conference on Thursday. He failed a fitness test on Friday morning.

Clichy (thigh) and Hleb (hamstring) have travelled to Birmingham ahead of the game but the manager will make a late call on both.

Meanwhile Robin van Persie (knee) and Abou Diaby (back) are injured. Mathieu Flamini returns after being kept out of the midweek defeat in Spain with a thigh injury. Emmanuel Adebayor and William Gallas are back after being rested against Sevilla.

Tough task this weekend. I would be happy with a draw.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

No team would like to be playing Villa right now.

Blackburn 0-4 Aston Villa
Middlesbrough 0-3 Aston Villa
Birmingham  1-2 Aston Villa
Aston Villa  2-0 Derby
Bolton  1-1 Aston Villa