Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: Syferus on June 06, 2017, 12:57:57 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 06, 2017, 12:45:34 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 06, 2017, 12:43:14 PM
Kolasinac is a big strong LB who was one of the best performers for Shalke. Great bit of business.

How do you know?

Because I'm aware of more than the EPL?

This move was on for months. The only reason it's free and not £20-25m (lad is only 23 to boot) is the player let his contract run down.

Same way liverpool picked up Matip last year. Turned out decent value for £0

Boycey

Kolasinac is a big strong LB who was one of the best performers for Shalke. Great bit of business.

How do you know?

This move was on for months. The only reason it's free and not £20-25m (lad is only 23 to boot) is the player let his contract run down.

I'd say you have seen him play as many times as myself... and are working off what you have read on the internet rather than your own knowledge.

Not a criticism aimed at you in particular, similar will be posted on all the footie threads over the summer. I'll probably even do it myself  ;D

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on June 06, 2017, 01:29:43 PM

How do you know?

I'd say you have seen him play as many times as myself... and are working off what you have read on the internet rather than your own knowledge.

Not a criticism aimed at you in particular, similar will be posted on all the footie threads over the summer. I'll probably even do it myself  ;D

If Wenger wants to get serious about 3ATB this lad is exactly the sort of player you need at WB. Similar size to Marcos Alonso and probably a good bit stronger too.

Walter Cronc

tiempo

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 08, 2017, 09:30:34 AM
Sanchez to Citeh apparently.

Bet he cant wait to tog out alongside Clichy and Otamendi in the most ill balanced squad in the top 6, with Timmy Chocolate-Wrists in nets for good measure. After his performances in Feb and March he can get fúcked, good riddance.

mrdeeds

Clichy released. If you believe every clickbait transfer rumour this summer.

johnneycool

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 08, 2017, 10:11:10 AM
Clichy released. If you believe every clickbait transfer rumour this summer.

Sagna gone also. Neither he nor Clichy could defend for toffee.

Walter Cronc

Talk of Barca after Bellerin. Are they mental. He's fairly average and his pace makes up for his lack of spatial awareness. As for his final ball  :o

If Wenger intends to play a 3-5-2 Ox is better at wing back.

Syferus

Bellerin is better than Chamberlin, who is lucky to be at a big club in the first place.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Syferus on June 08, 2017, 06:58:19 PM
Bellerin is better than Chamberlin, who is lucky to be at a big club in the first place.

How many live Arsenal games have you been to this season?

mrdeeds

Syferus

If Arsenal keep Sanchez and Mahrez and/or Lemar arrive this is going to be one hell of a team going forward. As in they may be the best attacking team in the league bar none.

I say overpaying Sanchez is worth it to keep such a good player and keep him from jumping to a direct rival. If this is Wenger's last run at it it's time to put the marbles on the table and open the cheque book. Big clubs don't sell their best player.

ONeill

All the wrong buys.

Arsenal need a Kante or Wanyama or a couple of defenders.

A good striker didn't prevent 10 goals against Munich.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on July 05, 2017, 11:35:15 PM
All the wrong buys.

Arsenal need a Kante or Wanyama or a couple of defenders.

A good striker didn't prevent 10 goals against Munich.

How could a top class striker be a wrong buy when Giroud is the best on the go? A front three of Sanchez, Lacazette and Mahrez with Ozil sitting behind them pinging passes would be as good if not better than any in the EPL and only bettered internationally by Barca and Real. If you can score goals for fun a weak defence is the least of your problems - ask Barca.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.