You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Draft Picks are treated as currency in the NFL, so you can, if you wish, trade picks to move up or down the draft order. You can also use them to trade for other teams players, but it's fairly simple still. If I want Tom Brady, I have to give up my first round pick for the next 3 years. The Patriots can bank those picks, and wherever it's my pick in those years, the Pats just make the pick for themselves.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 21, 2017, 05:03:56 PM
People who post pictures of their babies every week and adding #1weekold, #2weeksold etc.

Latest was #5weeksold.

I know they're excited, but really..
To quote Sergeant Gerry Boyle:

I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So unless you're about to show me a photo of a really ugly baby then I don't want to see it.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on November 22, 2017, 12:05:24 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 22, 2017, 09:21:58 AM
Quote from: LooseCannon on November 21, 2017, 10:20:58 PM
Liverpool's defence and defensive organisation.
As well as what AZ said, that really annoys me.
The NFL Draft. I haven't a clue how it works.

The NFL Draft is simplicity itself. What's complicated about that? The team with the worst record the previous year gets the first pick in each round, and the team that won the previous superbowl gets the last pick each round.

Brilliant system
Soccer should adopt something similar

European soccer? Not physically possible. Major League Soccer might be able to manage it.

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 22, 2017, 04:37:12 PM
Draft Picks are treated as currency in the NFL, so you can, if you wish, trade picks to move up or down the draft order. You can also use them to trade for other teams players, but it's fairly simple still. If I want Tom Brady, I have to give up my first round pick for the next 3 years. The Patriots can bank those picks, and wherever it's my pick in those years, the Pats just make the pick for themselves.
Ah, I see.
Thanks for that.

laoislad

Christmas music on the radio in November.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

square_ball

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 22, 2017, 06:43:55 PM

The NFL Draft is simplicity itself. What's complicated about that? The team with the worst record the previous year gets the first pick in each round, and the team that won the previous superbowl gets the last pick each round.

Brilliant system

European soccer? Not physically possible. Major League Soccer might be able to manage it.

Or the GAA when it goes professional!!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: square_ball on November 24, 2017, 10:57:53 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 22, 2017, 06:43:55 PM

Brilliant system

Or the GAA when it goes professional!!

Its already professional.
#newbridgeornowhere

Eamonnca1

People still referring to Adobe Analytics as "Omniture." It hasn't been called Omniture for years. Christ!

Hardy

People being annoyed about things I didn't even know were things.

Eamonnca1

Is it just me or does Marian Finucane heavily breathe and wheeze into the microphone like a 60-a-day smoker when her guests are speaking?

Hardy

She does  and she is. But  she's permanent and pensionable so no matter how bad it gets she's there until retirement.

AZOffaly

There was a lad there before, Cathal McGoilla maybe? He was brutal. I had to turn over. I hate that.

gawa316

Couples on Facebook having a conversation via comments:

Him: first time out with the wife since the birth bla bla

Her: thanks for the date,loved every minute

Him: no probs babes

Feck me you are probably sitting beside each other on the sofa, open you bakes and talk!

ONeill

Nearly everything on Facebook, especially wishing dead relatives a happy birthday.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trueblue1234

Quote from: ONeill on May 13, 2018, 10:31:08 PM
Nearly everything on Facebook, especially wishing dead relatives a happy birthday.

Pictures of thermometers.

It's hot, I get it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit